Search results

1. Lloenflys

Come Read With Us! The Rise of Europeia's Most Official "Unofficial" Club!

Come Read With Us! The Rise of Europeia's Most Official "Unofficial" Club! Written by Lloenflys Reading is a passion of mine, and has been since I was quite young. As an only child, I didn’t always have someone easily at hand to play with, and my parents were regularly off at work or at...
  2. Lloenflys

SCOTUS OPINION REVIEW: Murray v. UBS Securities (22-660)

In this case, the Court is dealing with whistelblower protections in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. These provisions are designed to support employees who come forward to disclose wrongdoing on the part of their employer from retaliatory employment actions (dismissal, reduction in pay...
  3. Lloenflys

Senate Election Liveblog February 2024

I confidently predicted 50 votes earlier so I'll stand by that. I know some GOTV started at least midway through the day - we'll see if that has any effect. Even though I don't normally push for 6 seats, I did this time because I think there are a lot of interesting candidates and I want to see...
  4. Lloenflys

Senate Election Liveblog February 2024

Thanks for the invitation to participate, ICH. I'm excited to see what kind of a Senate we get when the results come in. As for your questions ... for turnout I'm going to say somewhere between the number we got for the last general election (53) and what we got for the by-election (44)...
  5. Lloenflys

SCOTUS OPINION REVIEW: Department of Agriculture Rural Development Rural Housing Service v. Kirtz (22-846)

Most of the attention on the Supreme Court today was on the oral argument in Colorado's effort to keep former President Trump off the ballot due to the insurrection clause. However, SCOTUS took the opportunity of having a public sitting to release two outstanding opinions from arguments hear...
  6. Lloenflys

The Soap I Use Is Growing My Spoons

Have you considered exchanging your current mouth for a bigger mouth? OR sipping?
  7. Lloenflys

The Soap I Use Is Growing My Spoons

I think its nice that your spoons are growing. We all must advance from childhood to adulthood, and so it is with your spoons.
  8. Lloenflys

Administrative Ban: Swapuruya

As someone who is probably (rightfully) known as a softie on these kinds of things, I wholeheartedly agree with this having seen the posts that were made. I want to thank Darcness for taking swift and decisive action to start addressing the situation, and want to thank the admins for dealing...
  9. Lloenflys

EBC Jan. '24 Presidential Election Liveblog

I've been in Elio's shoes before as a candidate who built up a lead that looked pretty solid only to see it go sideways (against Sopo) and I have been in both of these candidates shoes with an election that was extremely close and that ended in a tie, resulting in the Senate breaking that tie...
  10. Lloenflys

SCOTUS OPINION REVIEW: Acheson Hotels v. Laufer (22-429)

I am rather behind on my SCOTUS writing, but one has to start digging out of a hole somewhere and it makes sense for me to begin by finally giving a writeup about the first decision in an argued case of the year, issued back on December 5. My thoughts on the oral argument for this case, which...
  11. Lloenflys

Admin Task Thread

It appears that the Official Unofficial Europeian Book Club subforum does not have the ability to post polls. Is that something that can be added? I needed to create a thread in Republic Square and link to it from the book club in order to run our club selection tonight, and that's something...
  12. Lloenflys

Op-Ed: Do we have too many Honoured Citizens?

I also would support diversifying the HC nominations to a panel (the "presidents who served at least 35 days" option seems a good one but I could also see alternative options - but I have no objection to a presidential panel for this purpose).
  13. Lloenflys

Diary

I know you know this, but I'm going to keep saying this ... I'm just extremely grateful that you were in the right place where you could get the help that you needed to get you through all of that. I know having that lapse in time is scary and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but if the choice is...
  14. Lloenflys

Diary

I don't think I've ever been happier to say to someone "HAVE A GOOD DAY AT WORK TOMORROW OD!!!"
  15. Lloenflys

Admin Task Thread

@Calvin Coolidge I don't see the subfora! Are they there and just invisible to me? Thanks for creating the main forum! I posted in it just to try it on for size!
  16. Lloenflys

EBC Poll: Low Approval Plagues Executive, Senate

I think you're probably right with this take, but I mostly just wanted to let you know that this made me actually laugh out loud and I don't do that a lot ... well delivered line, you scamp lol
  17. Lloenflys

Diary

I'm really sorry to hear about Terry, OD. I'm glad that when you worked together he was able to be such a positive force in your life. I hope the best for him and his family. And I'm also very excited for you that you are hopefully soon going to have a chance to return to work! I know a lot...
  18. Lloenflys

ORAL ARGUMENT REVIEW: Rudisill v. McDonough (22-888) - 11/08/2023

I had intended to write this one up all the way back on Veteran's Day, but ended up not getting the chance to - which is too bad because it would have fit the theme, as this is a Veteran's Benefits case! Congress has long provided a variety of benefits to servicemembers through various...
Back