Heroes of Valhalla Strikes Again

Heroes of Valhalla Strikes Again
Another project made by HoV reached the Security Council

Written by PaleLand

The Heroes of Valhalla program, which massively grew during the last few terms, has yet again made a successful attempt at a commendation on the Security Council. This time the nominee is MadJack, from The North Pacific. The resolution passed on Monday with 68% of the vote, making it another of the many commendations that the Heroes of Valhalla program has put together, which not only shows the quantity in number of proposals, but also the high quality that of resolutions thanks to their incredibly talented authors.

MadJack, nominee of the resolution, has been a very important figure in The North Pacific for a very long time; their time as delegate of the region was a time of great reforms that had very positive outcomes in shaping up important parts of the region’s foreign policies, and leading to a better conduct in defense efforts from raider forces; MadJack added sanctions to the "toolbox" of The North Pacific, expanded the regional assembly access, and pushed the Security Council to reconsider past condemnations.

The Heroes of Valhalla project is making great strides as recently three Europeian nominees were commended with an incredible effort by the talented authors that the project has to offer. With the Commend MadJack resolution the project is continuing its mission: recognising the great accomplishments of the most influential and important people in the regions that participate in the program. The work is still continuing every day, as another two important proposal drafts, Commend Lethen and Commend Kazaman, have made the NationStates forum for all nations to give feedback on it. And with other nominees making progress, Heroes of Valhalla is looking to continue this awesome period of extreme productivity.

When asked about how it felt writing the proposal, the author, Ghost, responded: “it was nice, I just spun a whole thing out of nowhere and it wasn’t as daunting as I used to think it might be, just kind of fell into place. Commendations are a chance to tell a story and I like doing that, and they’re also an exercise in creative writing, you flavor them in a way that’s appropriate for the person you’re writing about.” Ghost added, “it was kind of like when I used to have to write and study poetry in school, there’s conventions you have to follow but the form of the content takes different shapes depending on what type of poem you’re dealing with”.

When asked about what they learnt in the process they responded: “Practically, regarding the nominee, you always learn when you’re doing the research. I had very little insight in MadJack in Osiris for instance”. Regarding the time in which he researched and wrote the proposal, Ghost said: “So peeking back to that time was a cool experience. And along the way there’s little details you have, people that you can talk to, that turn out to be dead ends or things people thought were true aren’t. And you can even surprise the older players with that stuff, because years later people remember things differently or mix things up. Commendations can be a good chance to straighten the record on some things which is also kind of a neat experience”.

Great first article, PL!! I'm glad to see HoV making so much progress!

yes very good article! The Commendation also created some very spicy controversy, I'm glad that it had enough quality and enough support to withstand the LWU-TNP-defender scandal, I do think being a part of HoV helped here

Very well done, I wouldn't have realized this was your first article!

As a silly aside, the title made me imagine those commended through the program as a group of Marvel superheroes, and that made me giggle.

Very well done, I wouldn't have realized this was your first article!

As a silly aside, the title made me imagine those commended through the program as a group of Marvel superheroes, and that made me giggle.
Well it could be a way to watch them Ahaha

The buzz around Heroes of Valhalla recently has been awesome to see :) Wonderful article!! Particularly nice to read about Ghost's thoughts on the process.

Back