help

i have to ID pictures of fuckin trains and "waterplanes" (huh) to even make a meager post in this hobo kingdom of a thread
This is Bod Frank-like behavior and it's pathetic
glad someone got the reference to the Hobo Kingdom. wish i could read it, but ya know.
Please why can't you?
Because he can't log in
Do we know who this person is

ok time to phase out this thread

i am extremely puzzled and concerned at the behavior displayed by our chief forum administrator in this thread

All —

It’s come to my attention that this thread has caused severe controversy in certain circles.

The concern, as I understand it, is that it came across as inappropriate for administrators to engage in a silly, lighthearted thread while a Senate recall petition was ongoing.

I regret that a light-hearted thread has caused such controversy and made the job of my fellow administrators and moderators harder. But to be clear: I was truly locked out of my account, and when someone (I correctly assumed Sopo) embraced an opportunity to feed into the silliness of such an absurd situation, I felt that it was a slapstick joke that others seemed to enjoy. Clearly, some did not, which I suppose is the inherent risk in irreverent humor.

That being said, I do not believe that having a serious political conversation in one corner of the region means we cannot have fun and laugh in another corner of the region. If there are those who still have concerns, my door is open. Otherwise, I would like this post to clear the air and hopefully allow us to move on.

All —

It’s come to my attention that this thread has caused severe controversy in certain circles.

The concern, as I understand it, is that it came across as inappropriate for administrators to engage in a silly, lighthearted thread while a Senate recall petition was ongoing.

I regret that a light-hearted thread has caused such controversy and made the job of my fellow administrators and moderators harder. But to be clear: I was truly locked out of my account, and when someone (I correctly assumed Sopo) embraced an opportunity to feed into the silliness of such an absurd situation, I felt that it was a slapstick joke that others seemed to enjoy. Clearly, some did not, which I suppose is the inherent risk in irreverent humor.

That being said, I do not believe that having a serious political conversation in one corner of the region means we cannot have fun and laugh in another corner of the region. If there are those who still have concerns, my door is open. Otherwise, I would like this post to clear the air and hopefully allow us to move on.

This ... caused controversy? It was hilarious. Folks, lighten up!

I can't believe that I of all people need to say that people should loosen up a bit, but yikes

All —

People had a problem with this?

Waves in one of the people have a problem with this

To be perfectly clear, my problem was not with the silliness, I'm a huge fan of silly. It's like 90% of my personality.

My concern was that I found the timing of said silliness suspicious. It came off as an attempt to distract and downplay involvement in the LoA thread, and not just a silly thread for silliness sake.

Waves in one of the people have a problem with this

To be perfectly clear, my problem was not with the silliness, I'm a huge fan of silly. It's like 90% of my personality.

My concern was that I found the timing of said silliness suspicious. It came off as an attempt to distract and downplay involvement in the LoA thread, and not just a silly thread for silliness sake.
I am confused by “downplay involvement”?

My understanding is that I signed a petition. I’m not even sure if Sopo did or not. I can assure anyone concerned that my signature on a petition has no relationship I am aware of with getting locked out of my account and this thread.

Again, my goal here is to clear the air. I don’t want my admins to be wrapped up in dealing with something that was just Sopo and I. If there’s something I can help clarify here, I’d love to do so. But I am a little lost.

To be honest I didn't even make that connection. Since this was more OOC fun, they were completely separate in my mind.

Back