[EBC POLL] President Writinglegend Flying High, Cruising to Re-Election

President Writinglegend Flying High, Cruising to Re-Election
Most ministries receive high marks, except Interior, World Assembly, and the Government Accountability Office

Written by Maowi, JayDee, PhDre, and Seva

According to the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) end-of-term Executive Poll, President Writinglegend has an approval rating unprecedented in the post-Executive split era. With three days to go until the election, over 80% would choose to re-elect Writinglegend over his challenger, Monkey. That, combined with the high level of satisfaction with the field of candidates, suggests that President Writinglegend is a strong favorite for re-election.

Cabinet approval stand-outs include Minister of Communications PhDre and Grand Admiral Kuramia, both of whom register approval ratings over 90%. The administration does have its weak points, with low approval in Interior, World Assembly Affairs, and the Government Accountability Office, but those low approvals do not seem to detract from overall strong satisfaction with the executive government and direction of the region.

This poll was conducted between June 17th and June 20th. 31 individuals responded to the EBC poll.

Overall Satisfaction: 87.1% Satisfied

The Writinglegend administration has earned the confidence of the region by a convincing margin. Only one respondent answered with Dissatisfied and two were Neutral, the rest were a mix of Satisfied and Very Satisfied respondents who feel that this term has led our region down the right path. The story of these poll results is that Monkey and Calvin will have a very big hurdle to jump if they are to defeat the incumbent. Despite a few Ministers receiving harsh reviews, the region remains confident in the executive and has given President Writinglegend and his administration a solid thumbs-up.

Is Europeia on the Right Track? 87.1% YES

There is little surprise to be found in these results after the numbers pulled by the Executive as a whole. No person who took the poll indicated that the feel the region is on the wrong track, without only a few unsure of where they stand. This will come as a relief to Writinglegend, Sopo, and Kuramia for sure, who have had to navigate a difficult and unpredictable landscape this term in the Foreign Affairs and Naval Office. A series of bitter blows has left our bench of allies shrinking, but the region remains confident in the leadership of this region that we are on the right track.

President Writinglegend: 96.8% Satisfied

Writinglegend ends the term with the highest satisfaction rating in the post-Executive remerge era. No respondents noted dissatisfaction with the term, and the majority of respondents were "Very Satisfied." Writinglegend looks to return to the Goldenblock on the back of this stellar poll response.

good job and keep it up!

Definitely seemed to tail off toward the end of the term by the big move metric, but generally doing alright. I appreciated his detailed updates on exec activities.

WritingLegend is taking Europeia on the right track for our foreign affairs vision, there's no doubt about that. I do worry that he may have forgotten about things domestically a little - but I do feel that the overarching management he's had has been very strong.

Vice President Sincluda: 67.8% Satisfied

Vice President Sincluda sees softer support than Writinglegend, with almost half of respondents reporting they were "Satisfied" with Sincluda's term. Multiple comments pointed to perceived inactivity in the second half of the term, which is often challenging to overcome for the Vice President. With Sincluda stepping back from the Writinglegend reflection bid due to real life, perhaps respondents were willing to lower their Vice Presidential ratings.

wasn't that active near the end of term but that is understandable given he's taking a step back now

Sincluda started off great, but then faded into the background.

good job

Has been invisible for the most part.

Sincluda gets a satisfied from me. I know he's there and exists and is doing things - that visibility issue certainly comes as a facet of the job though, and Sincluda has suffered a little from that.

Europeian Republican Navy - Kuramia

ERN satisfaction: 93.5%

Grand Admiral Kuramia satisfaction: 93.5%

The Europeian Republican Navy (ERN) is outdone in satisfaction only by President Writinglegend and the Ministry of Communications, with only two respondents registering a “neutral” opinion of the ERN and its leader’s performance. Regular operation reports have been published in the Octagon (including military training alongside The Grey Wardens and The South Pacific), as well as a solid showing in the Defender Olympics in which Europeia mustered a victorious force of 31 pilers and numerous medals; the ERN is clearly communicating its high activity levels to the wider Europeian public. Kuramia’s “very satisfied” rating of 67.7% - among the highest in this poll - is reflected in the enthusiastic comments.

good job

Kura is amazing in all ways

This term hasn't been as active as last term, although it did pick up again in the latter half. It is slightly disappointing the overwhelming focus defending has received this term, with virtually no raiding taking place. While more defending is required with the changing FA landscape, conducting some tag raids should still occur, especially when sailors are required to conduct tag raids in order to move up the ranks. How can sailors be promoted if the operations required for them to participate in aren't being run?

Once again called her shot, once again cleared the trees in left.

Bloody brilliant job from Kura.

Ministry of Interior - Poseidon63

Ministry satisfaction: 48.4%

Minister Poseidon63 satisfaction: 38.7%

Interior’s performance is hampered by very high “neutral” ratings, especially for Minister Poseidon, who fares slightly worse than his ministry after taking over from Sanjurika around midterm. Poseidon has kept to the pledges he expressed in his midterm address, running a recruitment bingo to incentivise staffers, having a variety of daily prompts posted on the Regional Message Board, and welcoming new nations to the region. Despite this, public opinion on the ministry has fallen during the second half of term, whether the issue is communication from the minister, the effectiveness of these efforts, or simply the natural ebb and flow of ministry activity.

It's not enough.

good job

Feels like we've been struggling more than last term in most areas.

High hopes that were dashed

Ministry of Communications - PhDre

Ministry satisfaction: 96.8%

Minister PhDre satisfaction: 96.8%

Communications sees almost faultless ratings this end of term, with the ministry and the minister both missing out on 100% satisfaction by a single “dissatisfied” response. The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation published twelve articles in the second half of the term, including a raft of foreign interviews as part of the executive’s Foreign Affairs Media Week. The comments section is overwhelmingly positive; the main cause for pause seems to be doubts about the sustainability of the pace set by Minister PhDre in the long term, which may explain the greater proportion of “very satisfied” responses received by PhDre in comparison to his ministry. Regardless, these ratings represent a significant improvement on the ministry’s already impressive midterm poll results.

A lot of good content being put out!

good job

PhDre has been doing the most and we love to see it

Very active! Fantastic work all-round!

FA Media week was fine, but one feels that things may be getting a *touch* stagnant.

Wonder how long Dre can keep up this pace

PhDre has done amazing things - I do worry this coming term we'll see staffing difficulties if he doesn't take on the role again, but the EBC has been doing impeccably.

Ministry of World Assembly Affairs - Gem

Ministry Satisfaction: 32.3%

Minister Satisfaction: 13%

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs struggles, as does its beleaguered Minister Gem. Multiple commentators are concerned by significant staffing issues within the Ministry, and Gem is perceived as less active and engaged than respondents would like. As a whole, the Ministry lags behind, and coupled with respondent desire to see change at the Minister level, expect the winner of the Presidential election to shake things up in the MoWAA.

Gem hasn't done a bad job. I earnestly believe they should be given another chance at the position but desperately needs better supporting staff.

Gem was awfully absent throughout basically the whole term and left all of his work to his deputy(ies). Who weren't perfect either but got better since the middle of the term.

Gem hasn't been there for the ministry. It seems like Seva needed to take over everything and now there are only about three or four active staffers.

good job mate

Where did the activity go? The engagement? The posting of recommendations to the NS forums????

Gem is thoughtful and capable of quality work, but his inactivity and subsequent lack of leadership has come at a cost to the performance of the ministry. There have been missed IFVs, votes where the delegate hasn't voted, and times where the resident populace has voted against IVF recommendations due to the lateness of their release.

Gem hasn't been active as Minister and should have been replaced long ago.

My only comment is going to be to say no comment. Perhaps I’m not paying attention, but Gem has been pretty much a non-entity in terms of leadership.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Sopo

Ministry Satisfaction: 80.6%

Minister Satisfaction: 83.9%

Despite memes depicting Sopo as the mastermind behind treaty repeals, the Europeian public appears satisfied with his handling of Foreign Affairs. Both the Ministry and Sopo appear equally popular, with Europeians divided between "Satisfied" and "Very Satisfied" camps. Foreign affairs appears to be a key element of both Presidential campaigns, and multiple comments point to Sopo's work setting up either ticket for success in this area.

Sopo has been quiet but I think that's fine for a MoFA. There's been lots of asinine complaints about treaty repeals and crafting them too frequently but it's a load of horseshit.

Where's Sopo?

A lot of work has been done on the FA scene, and Sopo was also quite good, even though Gleg might have carried the ministry a bit more than he did

good job mate

Happy with the steps we’re taking to return to relevance and make new allies who respect our allies more than BoM.

Doing fine at his job, but I wish he were more visible.

Even with his LoA's, Sopo has managed to do a great job navigating a difficult FA landscape. Loved his work.

Ministry of Culture - Sarah

Ministry Satisfaction: 80.7%

Minister Satisfaction: 87.1%

Minister of Culture Sarah has moderately improved her approval rating while the ministry has remained at the same level, perhaps reflecting that her involvement in the ministry improved relative to the staff. One comment does reflect dissatisfaction with the perceived recent last-minute organisation of events but the rest praise Sarah for her performance as Minister of Culture.

Sarah has done an extremely good job.

pretty good, though not particularly inspiring

good job mate

Overall the Ministry has been successful, however given that the Minister herself placed a very big emphasis on organising and advertising events well in advance, it's slightly disappointing that a lot of the recent planning has been forgotten about and then suddenly poked at the last minute just before the event is due to start.

Another strong performance

Ministry of Radio - Icarus

Ministry Satisfaction: 80.7%

Minister Satisfaction: 67.8%

Radio receives strong marks, with Europeians broadly satisfied with the Spotify transition and variety of shows. Commenters were impressed with Radio's ability to train and transition to a new platform in a single term, though others were apprehensive about how accessible radio hosting and being a guest is, given the small number of Ministry staff. Staffing shortages across Europeia and training materials will hopefully render this concern moot, but Europeians are looking for diverse and high quality radio shows. The current offerings were enough to boost the Ministry of Radio in this poll.

lots of shows of good quality, smooth transition, what more is there to ask?

good job mate

Radio transition has been amazing!!

Radio use to be a very open and accessible Ministry with anyone able to get involved in a show, and staff asked who'd be interested in coming on board days in advance. Under Icarus, radio has increasingly felt like a small club where certain people are in the club and others aren't, and if you aren't in the club you won't be on many if any shows. Shows have been planned without staff asked if they'd like to join, and even when staff are asked often it's the case that certain staff are given clear priority to join and others who show interest are ignored. The move to Spotify has only made this worse.

I like that Ica has helped radio vary its content this term and shifted more to content meant for entertainment than strictly politics type stuff.

ICARUS IS THE BEST!!! WELL DONE THIS TERM YOU AMAZING AND INCREDIBLE PENGUIN!

Attorney General SkyGreen - 51.7% Satisfied (45.2% Neutral)

Respondents often have trouble judging the Attorney General, and SkyGreen is not an exception. Almost half of respondents have a neutral perspective. The rest are decidedly positive, perhaps due to SkyGreen's use of humor in the role. Gaining the approval of over half of respondents in a backseat role is no small feat.

I like that he brought some humour to the role, also he did publish some LAs

good job mate

Hoping he unmasks the key figure behind the JortCoin thefts tbh. :p

I think I did good

I think he did good.

GAO Director GrandfatherClock - 19.4% Satisfied (54.8% Neutral)

Most Europeians had little sense of what to do when evaluating the GAO Director, who joined the Administration halfway through the term after Monkey's resignation. Both Presidential campaigns have promised to reincorporate the work of the GAO into the various Ministries, which appears to be a smart political decision.

laughing_crying_emoji

Why did we bring the GAO back? We knew last term it was a failure.

unfortunately the work is still very much invisible but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

I wish we could've gotten more out of this position, but we'll see what we learn.

good job mate

honestly not sure what he's been up to

“I have no strong opinions either way.”

Ministers to Return

Just like in the midterm poll, there are multiple tiers into which ministers are divided depending on how many people want them to return. In the first tier, PhDre leads the pack, closely followed by Kuramia and Sarah, the three being the most popular ministers in the current poll and in the midterm one. Sopo and Icarus are in the second tier, perhaps still punished by poll-takers for taking leaves of absence in the first half of the term. In the third tier, SkyGreen and GrandfatherClock seem to suffer from the general invisibility of their respective positions, and Poseidon has not impressed since becoming Minister of Interior. Gem only has the support of two poll-takers to return, reflecting his approval rating and suggesting that it would be a surprise to see him return to Cabinet next term.

UPC - Culture, Le Libertie - Interior, PA - WAA

me or dre

Seva as MoWAA

Istillian in Radio, Greater Cesnica in Interior, Mal as AG, and Gem in Culture

Lime - Culture/Comms PA - WAA

Honestly no clue who should fill the vacant spots.

Calvin Coolidge in Interior

Voting Intention In The Election

Incumbent Writinglegend seems poised to win reelection, with a sizable head to head advantage. President Writinglegend also probably does not have to fear that his advantage will attract a third candidate due to the high level of satisfaction with the current Presidential field. Monkey is running a professional campaign but appears to need a significant change in fortune as Election Day approaches.

Satisfaction with Presidential Field

Europeians are broadly satisfied with the Presidential field. Satisfaction with the candidates suggests that a third party run is perhaps untenable at this stage in the race. Writinglegend's strong support and high approval ratings make it hard to differentiate between satisfaction with the Presidential Field and a broad base of support for the President.

Who Else People Want to Run

Darkslayer

PhDre, Sarah, Lloenflys

Kuramia, UPC, PA, Seva

me ofc

Gaudosia :troll:

GC (Both), Sincluda, Gem, Seva, Istillian, Sky, etc.

I’d have liked Kura to run. I’d also have liked to see PhDre run and maybe someone who’s a bit of a wildcard.

Gaudosia

PhDre, Sopo, and Kuramia

Great article! Love the fact that I have a Sky chart instead of a minister chart. Slightly surprised that the return rates are relatively low. @PhDre or whoever has access to the original file, would it be possible to see how the voting intention and presidential satisfaction correlate?

Once again L+ratio to all ministers who had a lower satisfaction rating than myself.

Though to be fair I should've likely received 100% since I did everything I planned out and more. Perhaps one day Europeia will come to appreciate the best Attorney to ever have Generaled.

Though to be fair I should've likely received 100% since I did everything I planned out and more. Perhaps one day Europeia will come to appreciate the best Attorney to ever have Generaled.
Crime rate has barely changed since last administration, the same low number of crimes were brought before the High Court by the AG and (at the time of the poll) the helicopter embezzler was still at large, threatening the safety of every law abiding Europeian citizen.

Also someone was impersonating you
I think I did good

Even though you were the best Attorney General to ever have generally attorneyed, the 100% is not deserved :p

Last edited:
Great article! Love the fact that I have a Sky chart instead of a minister chart. Slightly surprised that the return rates are relatively low. @PhDre or whoever has access to the original file, would it be possible to see how the voting intention and presidential satisfaction correlate?

Once again L+ratio to all ministers who had a lower satisfaction rating than myself.

"I think I did good."

Crime rate has barely changed since last administration, the same low number of crimes were brought before the High Court by the AG and (at the time of the poll) the helicopter embezzler was still at large, threatening the safety of every law abiding Europeian citizen.
Well my very cool end of term address shows that I have caught the helicopter addict.
Also someone was impersonating you
Actually that was me

Thank you for the awesome poll analysis (as always)
Radio use to be a very open and accessible Ministry with anyone able to get involved in a show, and staff asked who'd be interested in coming on board days in advance. Under Icarus, radio has increasingly felt like a small club where certain people are in the club and others aren't, and if you aren't in the club you won't be on many if any shows. Shows have been planned without staff asked if they'd like to join, and even when staff are asked often it's the case that certain staff are given clear priority to join and others who show interest are ignored. The move to Spotify has only made this worse.
I would however like to address this comment because it does not sit right with me so I am going to do something that is very hard for me which is standing up for myself.
First of all, I am really really sorry that I made someone feel like they weren’t welcome to plan, host or be included in shows. It was my highest objective to make sure that doesn’t happen this term. I understand that we have new tech and that change isn’t easy but I have tried my darndest to make sure to keep everyone on board during this time. I kinda wanted to post this list in my end of term but here we go I guess: I spent hours writing a guide to go along with the amazing and super comprehensible video @PhDre made, there was training offered with PhDre, Gleg and me on numerous occasions, I specifically stated countless of times that I was going to do training with anyone who asked for it, I approached new member of the ministry individually, making sure they were prepped and understood our tech. I created a poll specifically so people could anonymously voice their grievances (to which I got a total of 2 replies, mind you), I have pinged and pinged and pinged in the radio channel to get people to participate in shows. Yes, some shows were more spontaneous than others, some were planned days ahead of time, but that is the way radio has always been, it’s incredibly flexible and spontaneous as a ministry, that’s part of what makes it so great and fresh even after all the years it has existed. I have also edited pretty much all of the recent shows for hours on end, just so that that part of the job wouldn’t scare potential hosts away until everyone is fully used to the new system.
I am again really sorry that I made someone feel like they couldn’t participate in radio as much as they would’ve liked to but if you have a problem like that I need that to be communicated to me so I can work on it, if you do not tell me (before the end of the term) that you have a problem you give me absolutely no chance to fix it and that isn’t fair to me or you nor is productive in any way shape or form.

Last edited:
Have I set a record for lowest ever Minister approval rating? I wouldn't be surprised.

In all reality, I was considering stepping down as early as halfway through the term, and I'd all but decided on it before Gleg asked me to host the WA Authors Radio Show for FA Media Week. WAA is easily one of the most demanding Cabinet positions, and with the staffing deficiencies, admin delays, and general inactivity that went on behind the scenes this term, I no longer had the time nor drive to continue performing my job well.

WAA is easily one of the most demanding Cabinet positions
WAA is one that can fluctuate quite acutely as its activity and demand depend almost entirely on the World Assembly. I can sort of see that things in the ministry have finally branched off a bit beyond just drafting IFVs and discussing proposed resolutions, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it is easily one of the most demanding. I don't speak from the most experience, but I have some.

Have I set a record for lowest ever Minister approval rating? I wouldn't be surprised.

In all reality, I was considering stepping down as early as halfway through the term, and I'd all but decided on it before Gleg asked me to host the WA Authors Radio Show for FA Media Week. WAA is easily one of the most demanding Cabinet positions, and with the staffing deficiencies, admin delays, and general inactivity that went on behind the scenes this term, I no longer had the time nor drive to continue performing my job well.

Honestly this feels like a massive cop out, you can't blame staffing issues on your inability to lead the department. If you felt that you could no longer do the job you should have resigned. I seem to recall this being an issue last term in which I called you out on it in questioning and you said things were going to be better, that you were going to be better. I'm extremely disappointed to see that this is not the case.

FA and WA are similar in that a significant chunk of their activity comes from external factors outside of the Minister's control, which can definitely make the dynamics of a term vary wildly even under the same leader. Hell, sometimes even when you have advanced warning about something happening in WA someone does an endorsement campaign and then you've got to scramble at the last minute.

I don't think I need to rehash some of the criticisms above and in the comments, but I also don't think you did catastrophically. Just learn from the experience, move forward, and next time use what you learned from this experience to succeed.

I agree that WAA is an extremely demanding role with very little reward or upside to doing it, so first I think we should all thank Gem for taking up the role in the first place.

Secondly, I think that others in this thread are very correct that WAA is very influenced by external affairs and can rapidly fluctuate as time goes on. I don’t know how the internals of the department went, but I think we might be a bit too harsh on Gem.

Ever since I fully took over WAA on May 31, we have only missed one vote and consequently one telegram to the citizens. Sure, there were staffing issues, so what? Every ministry has them at some point, that's a problem but not a big enough to freeze sending telegrams to the citizens for 20 days between roughly May 10 and May 31.

I was expecting that we'd send roughly an equal amount of telegrams, Gem at Major and I at Minor, and that he'd take the leadership role in making sure we don't miss anything - he could have DMed me to remind me i need to post something, that's what I was there for as Deputy.

Instead he didn't do anything but publish polls in the latter half of the term. He very unhelpfully nitpicked that I didn't have links to the resolution in my posts - of course I should have them but he did it "for posterity" by his own admission and argued with me instead of doing things.

One thing is trying to do something and failing and finding an excuse. The other thing is not trying to do anything to day-to-day manage the ministry and then looking for excuses

Respondents often have trouble judging the Attorney General, and SkyGreen is not an exception. Almost half of respondents have a neutral perspective. The rest are decidedly positive, perhaps due to SkyGreen's use of humor in the role. Gaining the approval of over half of respondents in a backseat role is no small feat.
Can someone from the executive PLEASE explain why the AG is still on these polls or evaluated this way?

As I see it, from a public standpoint, there's not much that was promised and frankly, delivered. So I'm really not sure what we have to go off of when evaluating this position, other than the fact that they say legal training is going well, and legislative assessments are being posted (which I don't doubt, and which has been done).

Can someone from the executive, maybe looking at the P/VP, step up and confirm whether the nearly 50% uncertain rating is a positive? If so, can we change that question to be worded differently? Or, what has been done throughout this term to bump that 50% uncertain down lower?

I just feel like we continue to get AGs who do the tasks they're assigned, and the region is still unsure when it comes to these polls. So I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to take away from this question, other than maybe this is a faulty question that should be worded differently, or that we've made no progress on elucidating the role of the AG in our region.

WAA is easily one of the most demanding Cabinet positions
WAA is one that can fluctuate quite acutely as its activity and demand depend almost entirely on the World Assembly. I can sort of see that things in the ministry have finally branched off a bit beyond just drafting IFVs and discussing proposed resolutions, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it is easily one of the most demanding. I don't speak from the most experience, but I have some.
I’m sure there are fluctuations elsewhere. From my experiences elsewhere, I would say it absolutely is. But then again, no Ministry can’t be said to be difficult—the difficulties are just different in the MoWAA and the MoFA, etc.

Can someone from the executive PLEASE explain why the AG is still on these polls or evaluated this way?

As I see it, from a public standpoint, there's not much that was promised and frankly, delivered. So I'm really not sure what we have to go off of when evaluating this position, other than the fact that they say legal training is going well, and legislative assessments are being posted (which I don't doubt, and which has been done).

Can someone from the executive, maybe looking at the P/VP, step up and confirm whether the nearly 50% uncertain rating is a positive? If so, can we change that question to be worded differently? Or, what has been done throughout this term to bump that 50% uncertain down lower?

I just feel like we continue to get AGs who do the tasks they're assigned, and the region is still unsure when it comes to these polls. So I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to take away from this question, other than maybe this is a faulty question that should be worded differently, or that we've made no progress on elucidating the role of the AG in our region.
You know I joked about this in my first reply here, but let me talk seriously.

When Gleg initially asked me to be AG it was because nobody else wanted to do it. It's an ungrateful role as I think at least a few of my predecessors might be able to confirm.

Apart from taking on two deputies and doing the assessments, the only other thing on the agenda was the EBC Day (now Media Day) Amendment. And I did that, pretty quickly actually. There was nothing else to do, because we had nothing else planned. We did not do some of the assessments, we did all the assessments. The fact that there was only 4 assessments to do is not something I can influence directly.
We had discussions about potential legislation, and I also had the opportunity to answer some legal questions for people in the Executive.

Maybe the fact that the position is in the poll makes people think that they need to see regular activity from it, but that's just not how it works.

I kind of want to clarify that this isn't just a rhetorical question, I really do want an answer on these! With a new term and a new AG, I hope that this question is answered or at least explored, for the sake of future AGs.

Eh, I don't really think it's that big of an issue. Polls only have the value people assign to them. There's no inherent problem with polling elected and nominated officers to see what the Region thinks about them, and some of the comments / criticism can be constructive.

I believe the reason they were included in this poll was because it is a senate confirmed position that has historical precedent of being included in these polls. Certainly an argument can be made that there is no benefit to this, and we should seek alternative routes such as only including satisfaction when cases actually arise, and I would happy to re-evaluate that for the next poll if the public / past ag's finds that more beneficial / helpful.

Back