[Inside Government] Europeian End of Term Executive Satisfaction Poll - April 2022

End of Term Executive Satisfaction Poll
Sincluda, Seva, Le Libertie, SkyGreen, and PhDre

From April 4th to April 6th, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) ran an End of Term Executive Satisfaction Poll to gauge the electorate’s views on the performance of the Executive Branch. The EBC received 33 responses and the poll was conducted after CSP/Writinglegend’s announcement that they would run for a second term, but before Kuramia’s surprise standing in opposition to CSP.

Is Europeia on the right track?

A full two thirds (67%) of Europeians believe Europeia is on the right track, down 22% from the midterm poll. Some tightening is to be expected, as critics and those interested in a competitive election probe for weakness in the CSP/Writinglegend Administration. As will be covered later in the results, the Executive has trended upwards since the midterm, which makes this response all the more interesting. Is “on the right track” a proxy for Europeians searching for a second ticket? Recall that the EBC End of Term Executive Poll was conducted prior to the announcement of a competitor ticket to the incumbents.

The Executive Branch

Executive as a Whole

Overall Satisfaction: 85% (+6% from Midterm)
1 - 2kOWopR.png
4 - pmEHtXZ.png
The Executive branch received high marks from the electorate, with more Europeians saying the Executive branch performed well than said “Europeia is on the right track.” Is satisfaction with the Executive a proxy for citizenry support of ERN and FA policy during the CSP/WL Administration? It may be concerning for the incumbent that only 21% of respondents are “Very Satisfied” with the Executive, with the majority of support being “Satisfied.”

President CSP

Overall Satisfaction: 64% (-11% from Midterm)
6 - VdE3sPR.png
Has not been as present as perhaps I'd have wanted him to be in just sort of being a presence where I engage mostly (WA/FA), but a very strong presence when he needed to be there (LKE-adjacent stuff).

Too defensive, dismisses criticisms and says they are all coming from outside detracters - either doesn't realize how much internal dissatisfaction there is or figures he can safely ignore it and get away with it.

This appears to be the first term in a while where things are moving decisively forward. However it does seem that there are reports of CSP not necessarily having the time to be sufficiently active and available. Many might question whether this says more about CSP or the position of President.

CSP has been a good president. He could try to be less confrontational but I do enjoy how he handled questions regarding his activity. I think we need to detach ourselves from the idea that a successful president (or minister or whatever) needs to be constantly online on discord.
Been a bit more inactive then I would liked to have seen from a President with big goals they had in their platform.

I think CSP is the only president besides Calvin in the modern era to both be highly approved-of and avoid any big scandals (there was some subforum thing that I didn't even know about and some reshuffling in Comms but the last Comms minister was great so I have nothing to complain about). Peeps and Sopo might have been in this category but suffered from general inactivity in the region after the Drew boom, Darc also avoided scandals but didn't do too well, Pichto nearly pulled it off but ended up in hot water, Kaz had bold ideas but they weren't too well-received, and Lime…

If there was an option between "neutral" and "satisfied" that was like, "neutral but if pressed I would tilt satisfied" that's what I'd pick. As it is, I'll say neutral.

I think CSP has done a decent job behind the scenes from what I can tell. I also think there's been some attempts at innovating executive communications, which are a step up from the Darcness Administration. That being said, standard communication (like speeches) were slow out of the gate and CSP's term has been marked by a few twisty LOAs and Semi-LOAs. I think the train has stayed on the track and I appreciate that some very sticky FA situations have been handled with a steady hand.

Very Well Done, been great getting to know them , and I think they've has done quite well.
I think he’s been energetic and doesn’t get enough credit

In the latter half of the term he seemed to become very insecure and paranoid. I like CSP personally, but in terms of politics and career sometimes I wonder why he's so willing to dish out criticism but never take it.

Always hard to figure out what to say with these things when you know insider information that you can't leak. Generally though I feel like CSP's slightly corrected some of my previous criticisms, but I think there's still a lot lacking. We were promised a lot last election, and some of those very ambitious goals aren't close to being delivered upon. Plus outside of the office, from what I've heard or seen, he prefers to rule through a bit of fear, and his tact with critics has not been to address them head on. Instead, he'll just be passive-aggressive in EuroChat. Not what I like in a leader.

Internal communications were poor. Planning of events unexecuted. Unable to talk to because of dismissive and passive-aggressive manner engages with citizenry and beyond.

Turnt performance, that's all.

Sensitive to domestic pressure / critique

President CSP sees softening support at the end of the term, with 64% satisfaction. Dissatisfaction rose from 14% to 24% since the Executive Mid-term poll. It is not surprising to see polarization in the electorate as Europeia readies itself for a Presidential Election, and CSP's sentiment appears in line with the EYES poll recently released in The Not-So-Daily Bugle.

Some commenters pointed to the President’s failure to meet lofty campaign goals, and a theme of dissatisfaction with the President’s alleged confrontational style ran through the more critical comments. Others noted the challenges of the post-merged Executive and lauded the President’s focus on Foreign Affairs.

Vice President Writinglegend

Overall Satisfaction: 85% (+11%)

7 - nbTgNSk.png
He shows up for the Admiralty, he's done some other stuff. I may not see it, but there's no doubt he seems to be right there, even if at times a tad unseen.
He has stepped in and done some work but has largely been invisible to the public except for a couple of radio appearances. Seems to have fed into CSP's defensiveness rather than pointing out when there is validity to the criticism.

Writinglegend seems to have nicely complemented CSP and made up where at times CSP fell short. Though I think even Writinglegend wasn't quite at his best this term, with him falling somewhat into the trap of becoming somewhat invisible due to the VP role being largely behind the scenes. A tale as old as time, you might say.

I've mostly heard criticisms of him leaving people "on seen" so to speak, but otherwise good stuff.

WL was a lifesaver for communications when Pathoal went inactive

Writinglegend has done the work, and effort he deserves to be credited for and he was the one to pick up the effort where CSP had lacked behind in. Would like to have seen more ideas implemented from the platform into Executive projects from Writinglegend to pop him in the highest ranking as possible. Bit iffy with activity as well from him and not as much public view than I would liked to have from a VP as well from the ticket.

one of the best VPs I've seen. Could be compared to Sky but Sky actually had to take over most presidential responsibilities, whereas WL had a strong President but really stepped up whenever he was needed

My sense is that WL has been filling in the gaps left by CSP. It seems like a pretty good partnership overall.

Very Well Done, really brilliant indiviudal.

What’s he done?

VP is a basic but important job, and WL seemed to do it really well under some tricky circumstances.

I was expecting him to step up and fill in any gaps, and he did kick up his activity somewhat after the last EBC polls came out. That being said, he's still not as active as I - or others I've spoken to - would like. Sure, if he's doing work behind the scenes, that's great. But how is the general public supposed to know that?

The VP has little sway in how the P reacts or acts to things, and WL did step in where needed and required.

Has a lot of special projects, covering for shortcomings

While the President has seen declining support, Vice President Writinglegend appears to be gaining. Since the Mid-term, the Vice President has improved with the electorate. With such high approval ratings for the Executive as a whole, it should not be surprising that Writinglegend - who was seen by commenters as an active firefighter and problem fixer - benefited.

Will the Vice President's high approval ratings buoy his lagging Presidential partner?

Grand Admiral Kuramia

Overall Satisfaction: 100% (+4%)
8 - lgRl64e.png
Knocked it out of the park.

The Navy has been a high point for the administration with an effective transition in focus taking place throughout the term, but there should be more communication on why this is happening to the sailors and the public. Kura has done an excellent job leading but has been handcuffed at times by the admin not being clear in its desires.

Puts the Grand in Grand Admiral - love Kura!
We've seen outrageous levels of activity, I swear for much of this term, there seemed to be operations occurring almost every single day. This is quite possibly the best term for the ERN in its history and Kuramia deservedly gets a lot of credit for that.

No comment. Absolutely nailed the definition I want to see from a Grand Admiral. Only thing I would like to see happen more is maybe more training games being done with other region's militaries.

Kuramia was, expectedly, a "cheerleader" and manager GA rather than someone who leads operations. And did great in that role! You don't always have to lead by example because the main thing is how the ministry's doing, and the ERN is doing awesome

Navy activity has been high, lots of good stuff happening there. I'm not involved there, but seems really good.

I think Kuramia has done a really great job, all of our deployments have been pretty successful. I think we're certainly appearing more defender aligned than previously, but I don't think that's on Kuramia. I think that on the current attitudes of Raiders being unammenable to Indipendents lately. So I would like to see us lead the way in Indy raids I think Kuramia is a good choice to do, but that's personal taste and is no reflection on how amazing Kuramia has done which is AMAZING!

Kura has been great for morale and activity, and great for organisation, and great for the ERN's image in the region. There are some shortcomings with ability to organise important operations, though. It's fine to rely on senior officers for that to an extent, but it can create internal communication fluffs if the GA isn't secure about all that themselves

It's been awesome to see ERN pulling amazing numbers on a regular basis for tag runs and get civilians involved with big ops!

ERN active and on the map

The Grand Admiral has a stellar 100% approval rating among respondents, a notable accomplishment. The ERN’s very public activity, record breaking piles, and engagement with the Gameplay community are major roles in the electorate’s support for Kuramia. Commenters noted the ERN’s “outrageous levels of activity” and “amazing numbers.” Clearly the Europeian public sees this version of the ERN as a huge success.

Minister of Interior Sarah

Overall Satisfaction: 91% (+2%)

9 - wjYEnwu.png
I don't really engage much with the work of the MoI but seems to be doing a great job!

Interior has had an excellent term, largely thanks to the dedication and effort of Sarah. Not sure whether or not the administration has anything to do with this - I suspect it is mostly driven by the minister and not by the larger executive but that's an impression and may be unfair to the admin. No real way to tell.

Fantastic with Gameside stuff, amazing with the welcome committee, and also helped with the recruiting goals!

A newbie to the Cabinet, Sarah added some much needed energy to this slightly stale administration. Her originality in ideas and exuberant persistence in the role has seen recruitment go up, leading to hundreds of new nations entering Europeia, integration efforts were very strong also. The only area that felt somewhat lacking was gameside but not for a lack of trying, with the AMA idea, among others, highly publicised but of little interest to those outside of the forums. Nonetheless, this has been an excellent first term and Sarah should be incredibly proud, I see a very bright future for her.

Sarah absolutely knocked it out of the park. Massive props to a first term in cabinet that she excelled at.

No comment due to me not focusing on the Ministry of Interior this term.

I really like how she made people recruit! Even without a game at first. The game was a bit too hard to implement because of the whole card sending thing, and I don't think we'll play it again, but it really did incentivise recruitment, plus there was just an overall energetic vibe in the ministry that made everyone happy and active

11/10. I've enjoyed all of the weekly items, it seems recruitments is on an uptick so great job.

Smashed it out of the park with this term! It's great to see Interior doing so well.

Good ideas, busy[/quote]

Minister of the Interior Sarah ranked among the highest in the Executive branch on the back of an active recruiting game and a burst of activity. Though this was Sarah's first term in Cabinet, Europeians were impressed with her performance. Notably, Sarah's support is very strong, with 72% voicing they were Very Satisfied with the Minister. In the midterm poll, some people expressed concern with the ministry not being visible to the larger public, but those concerns seem to have been alleviated when the midterm address and the recruiting game were released.

Minister of Communications PhDre

Overall Satisfaction: 88% (---)

10 - n5ICc4R.png
Why does PhDre deserve this rating? Because they're doing stuff and they're kicking ass and making me laugh while doing it. Very well done.

Seems to be fine, haven't had enough time to fairly judge.

Writing a lot of articles himself, but still good for the Ministry

Unfortunately for PhDre, he hardly has had the time to reignite Comms, so it feels kinda unfair to judge his performance strongly one way or another. However it seems quite likely he might remain in the role for the next term, so I imagine we'll have a lot of time then.

Not much time to judge, but seems to be off to a great start!

PhDre has energy and ideas coming out left right and centre, would love to see another term with him in a cabinet role.

In just a few short weeks, PhDre has outdone himself to create very good, quality brainstorming and planning threads for very unique article ideas. He has contacted every single Minister of Communications to check up on them and it is really aspiring for me. This is what I want from a Minister of Communications.

Best MinComm we've had for a long time! Has a great leadership style and doesn't push people too much and is very engaged and writes articles himself - and has revived the idea bank!

Done pretty good for his short tenure. Honestly, even his private media work still feeds into the goal of a more active media scene for Europeia.

Came in late but is doing wonders!

In the time he's had so far in the role, I think he's done all he can.

Some people might say it's too short of a sample to answer, but honestly I think the last bit is reflective of the workhorse PhDre we've always known. Hope he sticks around

Even with an extremely truncated stint as Minister, I thought PhDre did an excellent job in what was likely a demoralized ministry.

Seems like he's passionate, has drive, initiative, and wants to shake things up in actually innovative ways. If he keeps this up, he can go far.

Yesssssss

He's been doing cool but can't really commentate on this due to the relative shortness of his term.

Brainstorming is back

Despite his short time in office, Minister of Communications PhDre secures a strong 88% satisfaction rating, with no dissatisfied respondents (the remaining 12% giving a neutral rating). Multiple commenters complimented PhDre on his implementation of brainstorming and planning threads for multiple articles, plus a strong activity level showing passion for the ministry. Others noted that PhDre’s time in the position has been rather short, making his performance hard to judge, but some want to see PhDre return for a full term and make a clear mark on the ministry.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs Gem

Overall Satisfaction: 67% (-19%)

11 - tsuBUY4.png
At times, I do wish that he would be a bit more assertive when it comes to stuff within WALL and more proactive in his engagement with staff, but a good job from a first timer.

If you're not in WAA, you don't really know what's going on and occasionally see an IFV and go "Hey guess WAA is doing good!" No. Not at all. Especially when those IFVs aren't always posted, especially during Minor (which I get Gem can't do, he just needs to be more proactive on delegating things). But inside WAA I know there's been a scuffle or two about how the forum has been made obsolete by WALL, largely since Gem forgets to get a discussion up or tell someone to get a discussion up until WALL's drafted an IFV and he needs to post it on the forums (which sometimes doesn't happen until right before it goes to vote anyways). Basically, the balance between the actual Ministry and WALL is poor. Our forum-side Ministry is almost useless and everything is done in WALL (slight exaggeration). All of this isn't to take away from the awesome commendations that got passed, even though a lot of work was done in prior terms.

Europeian activity on the WA has been very good and Gem has been an excellent presence. The most memorable achievements have been the WA's commendation of Sopo and Calvin Coolidge. I know less about this ministry, however Gem seems to have excelled in the role.
It seems like Gem has dropped down on the very consistent, and productive discussions in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs and it seems like he has ran out of steam in the Ministry. I believe he could still show us all he can do the job well when the job needs him with his skills and relative new expertise.

honestly, I don't like the direction the ministry is heading. It is fine to have debates in WALL, and we've had more discussions in the second part of the term, but in the first part there were barely any! And I don't know if Gem is the only one to blame here - the problem seems to be that the ministry has grown too big for one person to handle because we have WALL, intra-ministry discussions, Heroes of Valhalla, and posting IFVs which has become ridiculously hard. The deputies have been good at the first two but there are still some problems with IFVs being released too late

Seemed to lean too heavily on his WALL colleagues, sometimes put out some poorly written IFVs and left little time for discussion. Not sure I entirely blame Gem, though. CSP and WL chose a rookie minister, and he had to go somewhere for help if they weren't going to give day-to-day guidance.

I feel like the timeliness of IFV delivery has noticeably declined.

Gem's a gem. I just wanted to make this pun. That's all.

Minister Gem saw his approval ratings decline noticeably since the midterm poll, . The comments indicate some of the possible causes of this development. The main quibbles seem to be with IFVs (information for voters) not always being released on time and occasionally being “poorly written”, Gem “forgetting to get a discussion up or tell someone to get a discussion up until WALL [World Assembly Legislative League] has drafted an IFV”, and the overreliance on WALL and lack of balance between WALL and the ministry. Among the positive things that allowed Gem to still get a decent approval rating, the Commendations of Sopo and Calvin Coolidge were noted, though much of the work for those Commendations occurred in previous terms. Disagreements over the timing of IFVs became public since the closure of the End of Term Poll, and may be indicative of dissatisfaction among active WAA staffers.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Istillian

Overall Satisfaction: 94% (+8%)

12 - 61Zv9d3.png
Would have liked to see him more on the parapets, but generally good.

Istillian has done fine. The administration overall has been a disappointment and has not given clear direction. Too reactionary and not proactive. Not clear what has changed after a great deal of talk on how much reform was needed. Just haven't seen the effort here that I expected based on campaign rhetoric.

Ambassador Tasks are great!

Istillan has had a solid, unflashy term. They've performed with the utmost respectability and we've seen some of the results of this term, though as is so often the case with FA, I expect the real consequences of this term are yet to be seen and will impact Europeia's place in our future, I expect for the better.

No comment due to no information coming out from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or anything coming out of it at all besides the Midterm address. It is understandable that we will not get information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs due to the secrecy of information flowing through it.

honestly I don't know what he has done. State visits and a future festival comes to mind, but how much was the FAM involved there? On the other hand maybe he wasn't supposed to be on the front line - after all, the strong FA statement from CSP was probably drafted with Ist's help, and the increased work with defenders could also be something he helped with.

Kinda quiet, but assume lots of work going on behind the scenes.

Ist is always a principled member of Cabinet and seemed to do a good job with staff. Not as intimately informed as he should be on foreign events, though.

FA's problems did not stem from Istillian.

Connecting us to friends and allies

Europeia’s favorite thylacine and current Minister of Foreign Affairs achieved high marks in this poll, landing with a 94% satisfaction rating and 0% dissatisfaction, an 8% bump from the midterm. A handful of respondents praised Istillian’s leadership style, calling him “a principled member of [the] Cabinet” and saying he “performed with the utmost respectability.” Despite the sky-high ratings, some commenters highlighted the age-old problem of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ visibility, feeling as though they knew little of what was happening.

Minister of Culture Sanjurika

Overall Satisfaction: 79% (-3%)

13 - UzOF5Ly.png
Consistently alright. Would have liked for the state visit to have been a bit bigger deal though.

Pulled off Founding Day and State Visits elegantly, making Culture helpful to FA.

Sanjurika has carved a niche in Culture, with another solid term, though it does feel that there is somewhat of a spark missing. The 15th anniversary events saw surprisingly poor attendance given the scale of the occasion. It must be said that very little seemed fresh this term. I have great respect for Sanjurika, I think they're a very good Cabinet Minister, however maybe someone needs new needs to occupy Culture and give it some fresh blood.

Sanjurika has gotten into his rhythm with things and it is good to see.

Sanju was amazing I think! Lots of planning going on, very fun events, the culture part of the state visits, Cabinet AMAs, and Founding day!

Feels a little underwhelming. I know there is a state visit coming up, but feels like a lack of real events. There's also some kind of map contest? Idk, ministry seems to have been quiet in March.

Koala good.

Festivals like Euro15 and state visits are not high impact. Not sure if Culture as a ministry understands how underwhelming visible output is.

As Sanjurika completes yet another term as Minister of Culture, he finds himself with a respectable 79% satisfaction rating, closely matching his performance in the midterm poll (where he scored 82%). The comments provide a mixed bag of critiques and compliments, ranging from underwhelmed to impressed. On one hand, some commenters find Culture’s recent events to be unnoteworthy or the ministry itself to be quiet, with one respondent saying, “Not sure if Culture as a ministry understands how underwhelming visible output is.” On the other end of the spectrum, others say that the Founding Day celebrations and Thaecian State Visit were, “Pulled off… elegantly,” and believe Sanjurika to be excelling as Europeia’s longtime Minister of Culture.

Minister of Radio Calvin Coolidge

Overall Satisfaction: 76% (-11%)

14 - 3EGJ7xD.png
Like Kura, consistently knocked it out of the park. It'll be interesting see if him, or his successor, tries to get a public-based competitor to "Ministry of Pod".

What more is there to say about Calvin Coolidge: Fantastic as always, Radio has been an alluring presence this term, with Calvin not only very effectively taking the helm but placing great emphasis upon helping others develop their skills, with encouraging inexperienced voices to appear on shows and trying to ensure many shows have others running them so that they can develop experience in Radio. Calvin has given Radio all that you can expect or want, just the latest of a long list of achievements. Long may it continue.

I don’t really know what radio did this term and I am in the ministry, I don’t think this is Calvin’s fault, there just seems to be a shift in focus that personally wasn’t a lot of fun

Average show output and show quality. Nothing really outstanding to say about Calvin Coolidge's term so far, just average.

Radio was very active! Nothing much to add there, good radio term!

Haven't been around for these shows, but they seem cool!

Slow second half of term, last minute radio shows.

Minister of Radio Calvin Coolidge, although Commended by the World Assembly, was not commended by all commenters in this poll, one comment saying the second half of the term was “slow” with “last-minute radio shows”, another calling the output and quality “average”, and one obscure comment calling out a “shift in focus”. However, despite the 11% drop from the midterm poll, Calvin retains a decent rating of 76%, and the other half of comments were positive, praising his activity, “helping others develop their skills”, and show quality.

Attorney General Monkey

Overall Satisfaction: 33% (---)

2 - R3FapLo.png
I think this term's weakness was the legal realm. Not because "bad Justices" but because there was no advancement in the legal education agenda idea that's been bandied about. At the very least, either we, and by extension the AG, should acknowledge the fundamental change in policy where people interested in legal matters have to proactively seek out engagement and expertise or we should resurrect the Law Clerks system.

Works well with the law clerks.

The AG position seems increasingly unnecessary, certainly less necessary and integral to our nation than other Ministers. Therefore that always makes it difficult when it comes to assessing Attorney Generals. I've little positive or negative to say as it seems little has happened, which can't really be blamed on Monkey.

I could see a bit of extra initiative and ideas coming from Monkey and his elected staff towards the end of the term, and I think that shower he was going a step further than his role required. Satisfied from me.

I've noticed the discussions he has with his deputies and honestly I think Monkey's really doing a good job there. We might have found a good recipe for the AG with these deputies. It's not a whole team but only a few (very) enthusiastic individuals which I think if fine-tuned further could work longtime

He knows what to do and he has been sharing about updates on the Ministry of Justice since midterm and the latest Senate election that passed.

He refused to participate in the only court case this term to represent the executive's views

idk, should we even include this position in these polls anymore? Monkey did literally nothing apart from appearing on an AMA but he also had no tasks???

Hard to really say anything besides neutral because I don't think anyone really knows what the AG's role should be now…

I feel like we can leave the AG out of polls now.

Don't really think I've seen anything substantive from the AG yet, although that might just be me.

Please stop including AG in these polls.

Attorney General (AG) Monkey followed after most past AGs in receiving a neutral rating from a majority of respondents. Some comments express doubt whether the AG position should even be included in government approval polls as it has been stripped down to advising the president behind the scenes and participating in court cases, which Monkey did not. However, one person in-the-know has “noticed the discussions he has with his deputies”, calling it “a good recipe for the AG”, and another said that Monkey “was going a step further than his role required”. Another comment pointed out the two updates Monkey has released from his office.

Director of the Government Accountability Office UPC

Overall Satisfaction: 24% (---)

3 - UaK6I3p.png
Honestly, hasn't been around long enough for me to really say.

There has been very little time to do anything, and not surprisingly we haven't seen anything publicly done. Seems to be working hard behind the scenes though.

I've little to say thus far but I have a lot of hope and trust in UPC.

Nothing so far, but I think the findings he will release soon will show us why he was appointed for this. Looking forward to it

No info to be seen from the GAO and DGAO (Director of the Government Accountability Office). No comment to be given then.

way too early for this question! He hasn't even released any results yet (which he will but I can't evaluate his performance based on something in the future)

Honestly, I'm more satisfied for the work he did before his nomination than since he took the role :p

Nothing to say. There's no evidence that any work got done in the short time since the confirmation vote. Maybe we'll see more next term.

I haven't seen anything yet.

did he actually end up doing anything?

Ehhhhh it's too early to tell, considering he got appointed what, like two weeks ago?

Last minute addition by CSP and has it paid off? Will UPC be back?

UPC registered the lowest positive approval rating in the Executive, with the vast majority of respondents (73%) giving him a “Neutral” rating. This should not come as a surprise as his late nomination compounded by a delayed Senate confirmation left a very short time for UPC to show results. His tenure has been essentially the month of April 2022, so perhaps there is some time yet in the term for UPC to provide public facing results and demonstrate the relevance of the Ministry.

Which Ministers should return
Kuramia: 30/33
Sarah: 27/33
PhDre: 25/33
Gem: 12/33
Istillian: 24/33
Sanju: 13/33
Calvin: 23/33
Monkey: 7/33
UPC: 18/33
5 - ZdpcDOc.png
To little surprise, Kuramia leads the Ministers in this latest metric of success. Europieans were 100% positive about their term and the vast majority want Kuramia to return next term. With the news breaking since this poll was released that Kuramia is seeking the Office of the President, other top Ministers may be sought after by multiple tickets. Rounding out the top of the Minister leaderboard include Sarah, PhDre, Istillian, and Calvin Coolidge. Generally these Ministers were viewed positively by the electorate, so this should come as little surprise. Perhaps the biggest gap between positive approval and “should return” is Sanjurika, who, while having a 79% positive approval rating, a mere 39% want to see return as a Minister. Gem also sees a significant gap (67% positive, 36% return), and suggests that support for these Ministers is shaky at best. For Sanjurika, people may also recognise that he has been Minister of Culture for a very long time and may need a break after this term.

Names of candidates who should run

Istillian: 8
Kura: 8
CSP: 7
UPC: 6
Sarah: 4
Writinglegend: 3
Calvin: 3
Monkey: 3
Sanjurika: 2
Sincluda: 2
Lloenflys: 2
PhDre: 2
Darkslayer: 1
Seva: 1
Gem: 1
Icarus: 1
Kazaman: 1
Lethen: 1
SkyGreen: 1
Siph: 1
Pland Adanna: 1
Everyone. We need everyone to run, get a really exciting election going. I suppose maybe that's unreasonable. Ok, not everyone. Half of the region is a fairer expectation. The other half can make themselves useful as running mates.

Honestly any viable ticket. I want someone that can push CSP's ticket to do better and hear people's concerns, and I know there's a lot of dissatisfaction behind the scenes from Ministers, members of the EAAC, other "insiders..." I also don't know how many of the star ministers are returning next term, so CSP's admin may take a hit if it isn't being propped up by those ministers

Europeians were given a free response opportunity to voice who should run in the coming election. This poll was released prior to Kuramia's announced run and prior to CSP withdrawing his candidacy.

Notably, Kuramia's running mate Darkslayer was only mentioned a single time, perhaps due to Dark's current responsibilities as Chief Justice. However, whether that will be a weakness remains to be seen.

Other strong showings in this section include UPC and Sarah. Will a dark horse second ticket emerge during the last week of standing to challenge Kura? Could either UPC or Sarah appear on the ticket? Will Vice President Writinglegend, with stronger approval ratings, than the President, attempt a run of his own? It's too early to say for sure, but these citizens are clearly generating some buzz during the election season.

Conclusion

The Executive End of Term Poll shows strong approval for the Administration, but relative weakness at the top of the CSP/WL ticket. To be fair, CSP's end of term 60%+ approval rating in the post-merge executive era is a major accomplishment. As CSP has withdrawn due to personal reasons, the question now is whether anyone can challenge a Grand Admiral with a 100% approval rating and a relatively surprising VP pick.

Last edited:
What a great article!
Some of the criticisms are a bit weird, imo, especially the ones about CSP, Gleg, and Monkey.
Also very happy we finally abandoned pie charts!

Back