Recent content by Lloenflys

1. Lloenflys

Admin Task Thread

As Senate Speaker I should have control of the Joinable Group "Senate Guest" but I do not appear to have this. Can someone take a look and make sure I have the power to give those privileges?
  2. Lloenflys

[EBC Special Report] Senate Sleeps as People Lead

I'm open to that idea. It always seemed to me that the consequences of being non-responsiveness were better as political consequences than as legal consequences anyway. Legal consequences for someone not providing sufficient answers is fraught with subjectivity and never set particularly well...
  3. Lloenflys

I don't necessarily disagree - I guess in this case I'm not convinced that handing this responsbility over the PA actually fixes the problem and carries with it what I see as significant negative consequences, but this does at least provide one possible answer for what "oversight failure" would...
  4. Lloenflys

You are ignoring my question though - what is an effective oversight program? I've asked multiple times in this thread what it is that you want out of oversight, because it appears what you want is just ... "more questions." And I don't think that is a pathway to success ... it's just...
  5. Lloenflys

We will agree on this 100%. If I'm alone on an island in thinking that this is bad, counterproductive, and problematic for the health of the region then people should absolutely ignore me and implement it anyway. That's how democracy works! But I'm going to do my best to convince people that I...
  6. Lloenflys

I'm trying to shut it down because I think it's a bad idea that would make being a minister more onerous, leading to fewer people wanting to do it. Not everything is worth trying, and in my opinion, this fits into that category. What exactly is the goal? What do you want oversight to be that...
  7. Lloenflys

I don't want to be misunderstood - I think you are doing an excellent job, and are most definitely doing more with the PA Chair role than ... possibly anyone I've seen since my early days in the region when there were some exceptionally active chairs. But some of the things you mention are the...
  8. Lloenflys

This is a long post. TL;DR - (1) The PA hasn't really been that active recently, Igualla has; (2) The purpose of Oversight needs to be defined more clearly before we do anything with it; (3) Minimal oversight may well not be the bad thing some people seem to think it is; and (4) Unless there's...
  9. Lloenflys

Admin Task Thread

Hi all ... just uh ... poking someone here to update the Elections in the Region tab, it has said the Presidential Election and the VC Rotation have been TODAY for awhile now :oops: Could that be updated? Asking for a friend ...
  10. Lloenflys

EuroWeekly March Presidential Election LiveBlog!!

Thanks Lime! I appreciate having had a chance to participate in this election's live blog! I am a little surprised that the vote distribution over the final hours of voting seems to have skewed so heavily to upc. I would have expected a more random distribution but it felt like most of the...
  11. Lloenflys

EuroWeekly March Presidential Election LiveBlog!!

Thanks for the invitation to participate Lime! In the twenty minutes since you posted, the UPC/Sanjurika ticket has gained another 2 votes to move out to their largest lead of the night at 10 votes, right on a 60/40 split. It's funny how a few votes can change perceptions ... when the lead was...
  12. Lloenflys

Come Read With Us! The Rise of Europeia's Most Official "Unofficial" Club!

Feel free to post them in the book club section on "General Book Talk" - I leave all of my Goodreads reviews in there as well to give me another place to post them, and would be thrilled if others did so as well, so feel free to post yours anytime you feel like it!!
  13. Lloenflys

Come Read With Us! The Rise of Europeia's Most Official "Unofficial" Club!

Come Read With Us! The Rise of Europeia's Most Official "Unofficial" Club! Written by Lloenflys Reading is a passion of mine, and has been since I was quite young. As an only child, I didn’t always have someone easily at hand to play with, and my parents were regularly off at work or at...
  14. Lloenflys

SCOTUS OPINION REVIEW: Murray v. UBS Securities (22-660)

In this case, the Court is dealing with whistelblower protections in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. These provisions are designed to support employees who come forward to disclose wrongdoing on the part of their employer from retaliatory employment actions (dismissal, reduction in pay...
Back