Recent content by GraVandius

1. GraVandius

Additional Administrative Update: Festavo/Dionysus

If the admin team believed he genuinely has changed than they should have stayed the course and let the IC process play out. He already had his citizenship revoked and was facing some further ban (He was basically guaranteed to get some ban after the court case). If he still wanted to return...
  2. GraVandius

[Arnhelm Alt] The Ole Gal Rides On

I think this is the first time I’ve seen someone role-play through a “Fuck it, I quit” post. Certainly, I have disagreed with many of the opinions you have taken over the years but I do respect your persistence in rabble rousing and advocating for the causes you care about. This region needs...
  3. GraVandius

Op-Ed: Do we have too many Honoured Citizens?

As the standard bearer for using NBRs l was not in fact being sarcastic. I think there has been a distinct downward shift in the on paper qualifications of many of our more recent nominees compared to the top recipients prior and I think it would actually be helpful to put some sort of pen to...
  4. GraVandius

Op-Ed: Do we have too many Honoured Citizens?

Maybe the Senate should draft a non-binding resolution regarding the framework for who should be considered for an ovation.
  5. GraVandius

[Arnhelm Alt] Frontier Population Growth Revisited

Given the data, I wouldn’t necessarily expect any additional durable population growth. We seem to have reached an equilibrium between the 1500 and 1600 mark and baring any broad change to nation creation rates, I don’t see any reason to project further growth.
  6. GraVandius

Bloc Patriots in Control?

Glad to see our enemies are doing so well!
  7. GraVandius

[Arnhelm Alt] Opinion: Kaz Must Go as DEIA

Effectively all of your actions since this began have only had the effect of whittling down your support within the region. You went from handily defeating a recall effort to narrowly missing re-election. Followed that up with a poorly performing Presidential campaign that at least partially...
  8. GraVandius

Public versus Private Results in Voting -- July 2023 Poll -- before current Senate discussion

That is technically correct but save the one instance Calvin administered it, every other referendum was conducted with visible results.
  9. GraVandius

Public versus Private Results in Voting -- July 2023 Poll -- before current Senate discussion

It is worth again noting that the compromise was all elections public with the exception of Runoff elections until two weeks ago when the Senate felt the need ,without any significant polling or hemming and hawing, to willy nilly expand hidden results to Referendum. It is consequently...
  10. GraVandius

[euro538ia] JULY 2023 SENATE ELECTION LIVEBLOG

I think it was just going to be tough for McEntire to win any runnoff. There is obviously a block of voters that were decidedly anti-McEntire no matter what which automatically goes to whomever his opponent would be. Additionally though if you support McEntires broader view of oversight but...
  11. GraVandius

Senate Candidate Interview - Tim Wright

I don’t think that would cover this. They are not lying about their identity or their qualifications, they are simply presenting work that is not theirs. It’s more akin to plagiarism than what is covered under Personal Misrepresentation.
  12. GraVandius

Senate Candidate Interview - Tim Wright

Honestly, I think this presents a compelling argument that it should be a crime. If someone repeatedly (as this person seems to already have done with their platform) deceives the community in this way I think taking them to court and potentially banning them would be a justified response.
  13. GraVandius

Senator McEntire Resoundingly Defeats Recall Attempt, Keeps Senate Seat

It seems like in line with past recall attempts the more active members of the community were more or less evenly split on McEntire’s removal and his robust GOTV effort in his own defense had him more than safely avoid removal.
Back