Recent content by GrandfatherClock

1. GrandfatherClock

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Will you describe the idea construction of a gavel in a detailed post from many angles?
  2. GrandfatherClock

14 Case Studies: L1 English Phonological Variation Among Europeians

I feel like if I got audibly super excited about something it wouldn't be impartial though! I did feel very weird trying to hide everything and just asking people to repeat things.
  3. GrandfatherClock

The lack of a WINE-WHINE merger is most typical today of Scottish English (and Older Southern American English), but it was of note so I kept it in! Trying to make the results conform to the expected values somehow seems... unethical? There was no slapping! I just said that it's likely not a...
  4. GrandfatherClock

Yeah I feel that. It would have been a much, much longer article had I built from the ground up in terms of phonetics. I did list an introduction to phonetics in the references if you want resources, and there is always Wikipedia!
  5. GrandfatherClock

The word list is mostly of my own design, though heavily borrowed from Wells (1982) at various points.
  6. GrandfatherClock

14 Case Studies: L1 English Phonological Variation Among Europeians GrandfatherClock The Diggers Dirt March 22, 2022 Abstract Participants of this study were informed of its goal before agreeing to participate, namely to ascribe a geographic label based on prior phonological studies to...
  7. GrandfatherClock

BREAKING: Maowi Commended

Congratulations Maowi!!
  8. GrandfatherClock

2021 and a Summer on NationStates

That is quite a few o.o and that makes me wonder!
  9. GrandfatherClock

[Special Report] An Intangible Nation

Integration is always tricky for me. Vor's paper had a lot of stuff in it that I read as streamlining the process, and I guess making cit apps easier to read is part of that. Or is it? I mean, it's an important document of sorts, so people should ideally be reading it pretty clearly :p I learned...
  10. GrandfatherClock

2021 and a Summer on NationStates

This is really interesting to see it visualized like this! It's tough, really, I mean I've been MinInt for a few terms and you try so hard but it seems like it just never sticks, sometimes. If that's to do with the time of year or some other bigger trend within NS (the general population...
  11. GrandfatherClock

[At Home In Europeia] Senate Platform Analysis

This is really nice! Even though I've voted, it'll be really helpful for those who haven't!
  12. GrandfatherClock

ERI Report: What's the Best Meme? Part VII

Grav this is amazing thank you! Love the snowboarder
  13. GrandfatherClock

[Inside Government] How Did Cryptomania Come to Be?

How Did Cryptomania Come to Be? What Goes Into a Recruitment Incentive Project Written by GrandfatherClock With the opening of the newest recruiting incentive, titled 'Cryptomania', on July 19, its creator was approached to gain a new perspective on what goes on behind the scenes in the...
  14. GrandfatherClock

[Breaking News] The Black Hawks Spies on 10000 Islands, Raids Nasunia with The East Pacific

Amazing turnaround on this one, Kaz! A situation to be monitored, for sure
  15. GrandfatherClock

[Inside Government] Uncovering the Cabal: Investigating Card Trading

Maybe there is a way for Calvin to get his cards back
Back