Recent content by Fhaeng

1. Fhaeng

[Interview] Regional Message Backwaters

Very nice to see this, I’ve missed most of the recent events surrounding rmb drama so this is a very good catch-up for me. The disconnect between the rmb and the forums appears to have increased to me, and it’s a tough decision on what to do as previous measures haven’t been that successful...
  2. Fhaeng

The Mental Cost of Observing a War

The first time I remember understanding how social media can play a role in geopolitics was with the Arab Spring movements a decade ago. For me this was still something happening in a far-away land, in languages I couldn't comprehend, but it still felt like a watershed. The experience of seeing...
  3. Fhaeng

[Special Report] SC Con - A Work of Arf

Interesting read, and great to see a good number of Europeians involved!
  4. Fhaeng

[Op-Ed] Frontier - A Path of Problems

If you mean "here" as part of this discussion, then it is an aspect of the game that this decision made by a very few people will affect the entire region. People do care about their stat badges, and influence is one of which that nations of all types can climb the ladder (as opposed to say Law...
  5. Fhaeng

Of course, there is always an advantage to the native side in an invasion. Outside of any security council influence holds no importance to regional security (other than how hard it is for the security council / an invader to eject). But in a game and political sense there is another purpose to...
  6. Fhaeng

The maximum influence in a capped system is 4015. Any nation that has no endorsements or only a few will rapidly drop to this level in a frontier unless there is a different system coded specifically. The system works based on a rolling 6 month system where any influence gathered more than 6...
  7. Fhaeng

Op-Ed -- Frontier: What do we really gain?

There are a lot of variables and niche issues relating to different regions' nation count and their endorsement levels, by going out to cover 3 years of data this does a good job of trying to measure some sort of baseline. And that's exactly what this seems to have found, there is a baseline of...
  8. Fhaeng

Opinion: F/S Deserves Public Hearing

Just to add some of my thoughts on the matter, I am more in favour of the Province idea, I’ve put some thought into comparing it with the billboard idea and it makes more sense. I’m not sold on Europeia becoming a Frontier itself, but that could be due to there being less debate for that. Though...
Back