Admin Task Thread

Hello admins,

I am facing a problem where I cannot post in any of the application threads listed in Get Involved, I am able to view all the threads but it tells me that I don't have sufficient privileges to post in it, I would appreciate if you could look into it. Thank you.

Hello! Does it work now?
Yes it does! Thank you very much for your help!

A pingable RMB Moderator role be set up on Discord (similar to Border Control)
As a note, requests like this should be made on Discord.

I should clarify sorry. I was thinking it could be a forum joinable group, linked to a pingable Discord role.
Added a Regional Security Council group, which can post.
Looks like Darcness may have created the group? Unless this is separate from RMB mods. The group and discord role are not linked though. If this is the same, I can link them. Sorry, at this point I'm lost.
RSC is separate from RMB Moderators. I need to build out a better plan.

Can the President have power to move GH/RS threads? I can only stick/lock them.

That's not something we consider under the President's purview.

Okay, fair enough! I just thought it was a mistake with the moderator permissions.

Can these please be moved to the Regional Security Council Chambers?

https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?threads/regional-security-council-announcement.10062754/
https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?threads/rsc-announcement-complete-endocap-compliance.10063118/

Okay, fair enough! I just thought it was a mistake with the moderator permissions.

Can these please be moved to the Regional Security Council Chambers?

https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?threads/regional-security-council-announcement.10062754/
https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?threads/rsc-announcement-complete-endocap-compliance.10063118/
Done and done

Upon consultation with LL and my colleagues on the RSC, we would like a hidden discussion forum under the main RSC forum.

I suggest:

Top level forum:
Name: Regional Security Center
Description: For announcements and public votes of the Regional Security Council.
Permissions: Pres/Del moderate, RSC post, citizen/resident view

Subforum:
Name: Council Chambers
Description: For confidential deliberations of the Regional Security Council.
Permissions: Pres/Del moderate, RSC view/post

The subforum is distinct from the undecided RMB Moderation forum, since the RMB Moderators are separate from the Regional Security Council by law.

Since I have received feedback that my suggestions aren't always clear, as discussed here, here, and here, my suggestion is:
  • Top-level forum under Pinkerton called "Executive Office Building" (or Ever-Expanding Bureaucracy or whatever suits your fancy)
    • Sub-forum [public/restricted] for the Regional Security Center (as described above)
      • Sub-sub-forum [public] for the Council Chambers (as described above)
    • Sub-forum [public] for the Office of the Attorney General (under Goldenblock at the moment)
    • Sub-forum [hidden] for the Future Commission (also from Goldenblock)
    • Sub-forum [hidden] for the Technology Commission (also from Goldenblock)
    • New sub-forum [hidden] RMB Moderation Bureau, hidden and visibly only to President, AG, and RMB Moderators
      • this could go under Admin Bureau with the Discord Moderator subforum, and/or be merged with Discord Moderator subforum
      • Discord Moderators technically report to the Admins, while RMB Mods report to the President, but it's up to you if you don't mind them sharing a space
    • Maybe throw the Situation Room [still hidden] in here too? (from Goldenblock)
Basically, the concept here is to have a place for all of the less frequently viewed executive bodies, many of which are currently under Goldenblock, which is getting cluttered imo, and the clutter could make it hard to navigate or could distract from Presidential announcements. Again, that's all just my opinion, take it as you will. I think this will also help, as Presidents add and dissolve various executive bodies, this is a convenient place to stick them. It also might be better permissions-wise, as they are all President-moderatable?

Not trying to be annoying, just trying to communicate my thoughts clearly. If they're helpful, great! If not, feel free to discard them.

hello lovely admins, could we please archive the tropical frontier subforum? It's been good, but perhaps a bit overdue in its closing

Wonderful Hez, this is done.

Upon consultation with LL and my colleagues on the RSC, we would like a hidden discussion forum under the main RSC forum.

I suggest:

Top level forum:
Name: Regional Security Center
Description: For announcements and public votes of the Regional Security Council.
Permissions: Pres/Del moderate, RSC post, citizen/resident view

Subforum:
Name: Council Chambers
Description: For confidential deliberations of the Regional Security Council.
Permissions: Pres/Del moderate, RSC view/post

The subforum is distinct from the undecided RMB Moderation forum, since the RMB Moderators are separate from the Regional Security Council by law.

Done, and thanks for your updated request on the forum restructuring. We'll discuss any open questions and get back to that.

Along with this, I added

- Le Libertie, Seva, Prim, PA, GraV and myself as well as you, Gleg, Fori, Kazaman to the RSC role
- I can't edit Darc, so he'd have to add himself to the user group @Darcness , but he has access as admin anyways
- Both you and Le Libertie are role managers of the RSC role

Please let me know if you find any errors!

Since I have received feedback that my suggestions aren't always clear, as discussed here, here, and here, my suggestion is:
  • Top-level forum under Pinkerton called "Executive Office Building" (or Ever-Expanding Bureaucracy or whatever suits your fancy)
    • Sub-forum [public/restricted] for the Regional Security Center (as described above)
    • Sub-forum [public] for the Office of the Attorney General (under Goldenblock at the moment)
    • New sub-forum [hidden] RMB Moderation Bureau, hidden and visibly only to President, AG, and RMB Moderators
      • this could go under Admin Bureau with the Discord Moderator subforum, and/or be merged with Discord Moderator subforum
      • Discord Moderators technically report to the Admins, while RMB Mods report to the President, but it's up to you if you don't mind them sharing a space
Basically, the concept here is to have a place for all of the less frequently viewed executive bodies, many of which are currently under Goldenblock, which is getting cluttered imo, and the clutter could make it hard to navigate or could distract from Presidential announcements. Again, that's all just my opinion, take it as you will. I think this will also help, as Presidents add and dissolve various executive bodies, this is a convenient place to stick them. It also might be better permissions-wise, as they are all President-moderatable?

Not trying to be annoying, just trying to communicate my thoughts clearly. If they're helpful, great! If not, feel free to discard them.
Based on what these forums do and being sensitive to the 'cluttering' of fora (namely for the most recent post preview feature in the index) I've moved the Regional Security Center, Council Chambers, Office of the AG, Future Commission, and Technology Commission to Pinkerton Way (where Executive Departments go). The Situation Room can remain where it is... it is visible to all of 2 non-Admins, and one of those non-Admins is you so I'm going to hope that you know what your own proclamations are. :)

The RMB Moderation Bureau will likely go here as well, but I can't promise anything as we're trying to figure something out on the Admin side first.

Hope this helps!

- Both you and Le Libertie are role managers of the RSC role
I also remove this, as RSC's are Senate-confirmable, so will need Admin masking.

Ooops, forgot the rest. Added a 'RSC Advisor' for people who can see the forum, manageable by the President.

Last edited:

Based on what these forums do and being sensitive to the 'cluttering' of fora (namely for the most recent post preview feature in the index) I've moved the Regional Security Center, Council Chambers, Office of the AG, Future Commission, and Technology Commission to Pinkerton Way (where Executive Departments go). The Situation Room can remain where it is... it is visible to all of 2 non-Admins, and one of those non-Admins is you so I'm going to hope that you know what your own proclamations are. :)

The RMB Moderation Bureau will likely go here as well, but I can't promise anything as we're trying to figure something out on the Admin side first.

Hope this helps!
Cool! I'm fine with that solution. I just know how much people love top level forums.

Can I have mod power in Citizenship & Foreign Relations? Thanks!

Why do you need it?
Well as President I am responsible for all citizenship and diplomatic applications, and I was going to use it to update documentation in that area (e.g. unlocking threads and posting below them).

Why do you need it?
Well as President I am responsible for all citizenship and diplomatic applications, and I was going to use it to update documentation in that area (e.g. unlocking threads and posting below them).
Clerk accounts exist for a reason; can't think of any resources you'd need off the top of my head that aren't already Clerk threads

EDIT: historically, Presidents have not needed these powers. There isn't any reason to change precedent now. If you need a non-Clerk thread updated, then we can either have an admin update it or (arguably more practical) replace the existing thread with a Clerk thread instead.

Why do you need it?
Clerk accounts exist for a reason; can't think of any resources you'd need off the top of my head that aren't already Clerk threads

EDIT: historically, Presidents have not needed these powers. There isn't any reason to change precedent now. If you need a non-Clerk thread updated, then we can either have an admin update it or (arguably more practical) replace the existing thread with a Clerk thread instead.
I just wanted to unlock a thread and post a reply myself. I see the Clerk has that power, but usually my President mask has more access, which is why I was confused. I know it is generally not appropriate for moderators to edit others' posts.

Back