[PRE-DEBATE POLL] PRESIDENTIAL RACE A TOSS-UP AS DEBATE NIGHT LOOMS LARGE

PRESIDENTIAL RACE A TOSS-UP AS DEBATE NIGHT LOOMS LARGE
Both campaigns need a win tonight, President Icarus would have fared well
Written by PhDre

Palace of the People, Oval Room - The January 2023 Presidential election is too close to call, according to an EBC poll conducted between January 16th and 18th. With 27 respondents, candidates Olde Delaware and Lloenflys are essentially tied.

1674064359441.png

The Presidential Text Debate is tonight, January 18th, and both candidates will be seeking to claim a debate victory as the election approaches. Debate co-moderator Writinglegend stated that he was "happy to see a second competitive presidential election in a row" when provided with a preview of the poll results.

The EBC reached out to both camps and asked for their reactions to the pre-debate poll.

Presidential candidate Lloenfly's downplayed the poll, saying "the people will vote on Friday and that is the only poll that I'm interested in. The debate is an institution in Euro, so it will be interesting to be involved with one, although I suspect that there are a relatively small number of people who make their decision on the basis of the debate. Nonetheless, I hope it is entertaining and informative for those who pay attention to it!"

Presidential candidate Olde Delaware stated that "'I'm not surprised people are torn between Lloen and I, it really is a situation of what you see is what you get. We both work hard, yes we can both be stubborn but our love for this community can not be understated... Were going to leave it all on the field tonight and I hope the region is ready for one hell of a show."

Once President Icarus is added as an option, both candidates appear to lose support, and Icarus would be well-positioned for a runoff against either candidate. President Icarus won the November 2022 election in a three way race against Olde Delaware and Pland Adanna, but has stated that she will not seek reelection.

1674064402313.png

Respondents are moderately satisfied with the field in the Presidential Election, though notably there are no respondents who are "Very Satisfied." Soft support for the field, as well as President Icarus's strong showing against both candidates, suggests that either candidate could emerge victorious on Election Day.

1674064545917.png

This is useful context to have going into the debate, thanks for reporting on this!

I’m happy to see another exciting election season!!

Fairly interesting that Icarus entering the race would instantly make them the most popular candidate. Suggests more dissatisfaction with the field than the actual question for that implies. Regardless should be a very exciting race.

Fairly interesting that Icarus entering the race would instantly make them the most popular candidate. Suggests more dissatisfaction with the field than the actual question for that implies. Regardless should be a very exciting race.
43% were less than satisfied with the field, and 37% voted for Icarus. So, they're similar figures.

43% were less than satisfied with the field, and 37% voted for Icarus. So, they're similar figures.
Time to find how less than satisfied responded to the poll...

Of the 11 respondents who expressed Neutral (or less) approval of the field...
  • If only between OD and Lloen:
    • 8 would vote for Lloenflys and 3 for Olde Delaware.
  • If between OD, Lloen, and Icarus:
    • 6 would vote for Icarus, 3 (-5) for Lloen, and 2 (-1) for Olde Delaware.
Are they unsatisfied with the field because Icarus isn't running for reelection? Are they unsatsified because of percieved candidate quality or platform issues? I cant tell for sure with how we ran the poll (suggestions always welcome for next time!).

Edit:

Of the 9 respondents who didn't express that Europeia is on the right track:
    • 6 would vote for Olde Delaware, and 3 for Lloenflys
    • 2 would vote for Icarus, 2 (-1) for Lloen, and 5 (-1) for Olde Delaware.

Wow

Time to find how less than satisfied responded to the poll...

Of the 11 respondents who expressed Neutral (or less) approval of the field...
    • 8 would vote for Lloenflys and 3 for Olde Delaware.
    • 6 would vote for Icarus, 3 (-5) for Lloen, and 2 (-1) for Olde Delaware.
Are they unsatisfied with the field because Icarus isn't running for reelection? Are they unsatsified because of percieved candidate quality or platform issues? I cant tell for sure with how we ran the poll (suggestions always welcome for next time!).

Edit:

That's interesting data, thanks for adding that!

Back