Admin Task Thread

Just popping on with my phone (read: not doing requests), but why do you need that many moderators? šŸ˜®
They all signed up for Moderating. If it is too much, Iā€™ll consult them.
Realistically, moderating just means pinning/unpinning, closing/opening threads. It's not a gargantuan task you need a bunch of people for--1 or 2 is probably fine. OD was the only moderator for Darc's ovation. In a pinch, any of the admins can also help.
Just OD and me then.

Also, if possible, can my name be changed to ā€œForilianā€? I.e. Dropping the ā€œSupervisorā€ part from it. Thanks!

Also, if possible, can my name be changed to ā€œForilianā€? I.e. Dropping the ā€œSupervisorā€ part from it. Thanks!
I believe you can request this name change yourself. In preferences somewhere.

Also I'm on mobile and will be out most of the day, but can another admin please remove OD and Rotasu's Senate maskings (here and Discord) and update the government drop-down accordingly?

Also I'm on mobile and will be out most of the day, but can another admin please remove OD and Rotasu's Senate maskings (here and Discord) and update the government drop-down accordingly?
I canā€™t find it...?

I believe you could do that on Zetaboards, but not on Xenforo. I remember having to request a name change here myself

Can I have the Methodist Church, the Church of Redds Apple Ale and the Church of the Holy Potato archived please?

I also need the following made:

Name of organization/place of worship: The Temple of Goldblum
Leader (moderator) of forum: Ervald
Subforum description: The temple dedicated to our most loving and tender savior, Jeff Goldblum.

Doing it all now. It's all done now

EDIT: only thing left is to make that Goldblum thing; I have to take my roommate to the train station right now.

Last edited:
Hi there, I can't find much discussion on this so I can't tell whether anyone's aware of this (aside from one post on Discord that no one responded to), but the endorsement generator is not working right now:

Hi there, I can't find much discussion on this so I can't tell whether anyone's aware of this (aside from one post on Discord that no one responded to), but the endorsement generator is not working right now:

We are aware and are working on the situation. I last heard myself that it was fixed, so if it's still not working, please let us know. :D

Thank you!

Hello, the Arnhelm Clerk here, is it possible that the highlighted threads below are moved from the Law Index in Arnhelm to some appropriate archive?

1590536678125.png

There isn't an appropriate archive. So guess they'll have to stay there

Or just leave them where they are? Wild idea, I know.

... is there something I'm missing? I intend to have the Arnhelm Clerk position codified in law, which would, similar to the Senate Clerk, require me to keep the Arnhelm Law Index to a high standard of organisation and clarity. There's no out of date or repealed laws in the Primary Statute index for Europeia for a reason. Having defunct threads cluttering up the subforum is not a high standard of organisation and clarity.

Definitely feel like there's something I'm missing considering how picky this subject appears to be. I would've preferred a different subforum, but as long as the thread is out of that part of the index I honestly don't mind.

... is there something I'm missing? I intend to have the Arnhelm Clerk position codified in law, which would, similar to the Senate Clerk, require me to keep the Arnhelm Law Index to a high standard of organisation and clarity. There's no out of date or repealed laws in the Primary Statute index for Europeia for a reason. Having defunct threads cluttering up the subforum is not a high standard of organisation and clarity.

Definitely feel like there's something I'm missing considering how picky this subject appears to be. I would've preferred a different subforum, but as long as the thread is out of that part of the index I honestly don't mind.
It's a few things.

1. Fewer subfora -- This forum currently hosts one thousand five hundred thirty-five subfora. You don't see most of them because they're in the Archives. We have so many forums, in fact, that on the admin side, some of our control panel pages are noticeably taxed. Database upgrades (also meaning forum software upgrades) are things that have to be carefully monitored, because we push a lot of boundaries for this particular software. I want people to understand that the situation is not dire. However, the Administrative team does need to make sure that forum creep is kept to a minimum.
  2. Permission Hierarchy -- Forum permissions are hierarchical. It is much easier to have two fora which are siblings have similar permissions than it is to have a permission set for something all the way over in the Archives.
  3. Minds change -- How many times has the Workspace forum in the Senate been archived and revived? Even once is too many. Experience has taught us that providing archive forums for spaces that see consistent use (unless there is a strong need for a permissions shift) is likely to be reversed by a future administration (I use the term loosely here).

In the end, these kind of 'trash bin' archives are something we generally do not do, unless there is a strong need. In my opinion, this request doesn't meet that bar.

It's a few things.

1. Fewer subfora -- This forum currently hosts one thousand five hundred thirty-five subfora. You don't see most of them because they're in the Archives. We have so many forums, in fact, that on the admin side, some of our control panel pages are noticeably taxed. Database upgrades (also meaning forum software upgrades) are things that have to be carefully monitored, because we push a lot of boundaries for this particular software. I want people to understand that the situation is not dire. However, the Administrative team does need to make sure that forum creep is kept to a minimum.
  2. Permission Hierarchy -- Forum permissions are hierarchical. It is much easier to have two fora which are siblings have similar permissions than it is to have a permission set for something all the way over in the Archives.
  3. Minds change -- How many times has the Workspace forum in the Senate been archived and revived? Even once is too many. Experience has taught us that providing archive forums for spaces that see consistent use (unless there is a strong need for a permissions shift) is likely to be reversed by a future administration (I use the term loosely here).

In the end, these kind of 'trash bin' archives are something we generally do not do, unless there is a strong need. In my opinion, this request doesn't meet that bar.
How about we move them out to the main Arnhelm forum and just let them get buried?

Admins, can we get a subforum called ā€œEuroPride 2020ā€ in the Europeian Centre part of the forum? The description shall be: ā€œCome celebrate Pride with all of us!ā€ Said subforum will need three sub-sub-forums: Rainbow Podium, with the description: ā€œListen to speeches on Pride and LGBTQ2S+ here!ā€; Share+, with the description: ā€œShare your stories and experiences on LGBTQ2S+ here!ā€; and Library of Help Resources, with the description ā€œNeed some Pride resources and help? Look no further!ā€. The subforum will need to be invisible to everyone except Culture Staff, OD, and the Council of State. Moderators are @Rotasu, @Giovanniland, @Monkey, @Astrellan, @ForilianSupervisor, @South Eastern Centralia, @HEM, and @Olde Delaware . The subforum needs to remain hidden until Saturday, 6 June. Thanks! :)
Also, has this been created yet? Weā€™re starting to advertise the event and need to set the forum up with posts, etc. :)

Not to add to what is surely going to be our Sixteen Hundredth subfora, I need some created:

I need a Deputy Week event forum with the following subforums: Ministry Questions & Answers, Ministry Games, Opening Speeches, Closing Speeches, and Polls & Propaganda

Mods: Cabinet and Councilors, FM/SM, CoS/VCoS

Last edited:
Back