[Inside Government] Domestic Executive Midterm Approval Poll

Domestic Executive Midterm Approval Poll
The Long-awaited Results

Written by Lime and Monkey

Europeia is now halfway through the first minister term. first minister Istillian was elected after a tumultuous race against 2 other tickets, only narrowly winning on the first ballot with 51.2 percent of the vote. Each department (Interior, Culture, Radio, and the first minister) has released opening speeches, outlining their goals for the term and with many exciting events such as the Drew Boom, and the executive re-merge discussion, the European Broadcasting Corporation ran a poll to gauge the level of satisfaction within the domestic branch. The poll received 30 responses, a healthy response rate; however, because no poll in Europeia can be conducted scientifically, all results should be viewed with a note of caution.

First, we looked at the overall approval for the executive.

• Things running along smoothly - Did a admirable job at handling the population boom
  • It's been a very solid term so far
  • Everything is... fine. Maybe a little bland? Things have begun to drop off after the Drew Boom.
  • Everywhere is running smoothly.
  • I am pretty happy with the term so far. Istillian has done a good job communicating, most Ministries seem to be working at a steady clip. Nothing says "best administration in history!!!" but the trains seem to be running on time.
  • Ist himself is very good

Overall, a vast majority of the responses were satisfied with the overall domestic performance, with a small 13.3 percent stating they were unsure. 68 percent of responses indicated that they were overall satisfied, with one-fifth of all responses saying they were highly satisfied. The comments overall expressed the general sense of approval, with many comments praising Istillian’s leadership, especially capitalizing on communication and taking advantage of the Drew boom.

Next, we’ll move on to analysis of specific people and positions within the cabinet.

• I wasn't around for the election, so I don't really know the platform Istillian ran on. I know a lot of work is done behind the scenes, but I haven't seen too much work beyond the weekly updates. Although those are nice, I'd personally like to see more updates from what the first minister is doing specifically if possible. More communication in general!
  • Don't see him as much as I'd like but I can tell he is working hard
  • If there no executic spilt, Istillian must be President
  • Istillian has great leadership skills, he's been flourishing in this position
  • Good, frequent updates about the goings-on in the ministries. I'm not sure what Istillian himself is up to, though.
  • An excellent FM.
  • Pretty happy! I'm getting a little bored of the weekly update format of updates -- like honestly I feel like I gloss over them half the time because they are pretty monotonous (just bullet points of what happened) but it's fine and clear that he's doing the work.
  • Ist is very nice and cool.

Istillian’s numbers are very strong in terms of overall satisfaction, with over 90 percent of responses indicating approval of the term so far. Only a small fraction indicated that they were unsure or dissatisfied (3 percent each, or one response). The comments share the same sentiment, many of them praising the updates and communication from the first minister, as well as leadership. There are a couple of comments that point to confusion regarding what the first minister is doing outside of weekly updates, but this has been a problem that past leaders have historically faced. Fortunately, the positive comments seem to be the overwhelming majority, and the poll numbers show that too. The first minister has now released a midterm address that lists out the progress that has been done this term.

• Overall has done a good job managing the EBC and getting articles out. I don't see too much beyond the ministry role though -- I'm not sure what Hezekon is doing as Second minister.
  • Could see maybe more activity on the SM front, although happy that Citizen Spotlights have been ongoing
  • Good frequency of content. I'd like to see some more creativity in terms of what is presented, though. Weekly Updates are blah.
  • Truthfully I think Hez is mainly coasting. Most of the articles published have been people deciding to write an article themselves and not being asked to. He also hasn't written many articles. Still time left to improve however.
  • Lots of content from the EBC, I can't keep up! I am highly satisfied in Hez's work as MiniComm and unsure/don't know about his work as SM , hence the overall "satisfied" score. Besides the periodic citizens spotlight, have no idea what he's doing as Second minister.
  • Hez is very communicative

Second minister and minister of Communications Hezekon also received high numbers, with over 75 percent of responses indicating some level of approval, and 13.3 percent indicating they were unsure, and a small minority of 10 percent indicating that they felt dissatisfied to some degree. The comments reflect the general data -- it seems that many comments are satisfied with the activity and periodic updates by the ministry of Communications, but there are some questions as to what is occurring with regards to second minister responsibilities beyond citizen spotlights. There are also some critiques of articles becoming too routine or repetitive.

• McEntire has done an excellent job managing the Drew boom and taking advantage of the opportunity, as well as looking into new opportunities for our recruiters to get involved. It would have been nice to see some new blood in the office perhaps, but McEntire has done an excellent job this term and has disproved any questions of experience that may have arisen during the confirmation.
  • Population is up, recruiting is doing well, nothing to complain about
  • I'm very happy with the innovation and progress we've seen in interior under McEntire
  • Recruiting has been great, but I don't know what, if anything, has happened in terms of integration.
  • He's doing a very good job, especially so as someone who was slightly sceptical of him being nominated.
  • McEntire has done good work this term, but he's also had a really good team. He leveraged the whole Drew Boom pretty well, and he's visible as a minister.

Minister of Interior McEntire also received high ratings, with over 70 percent of responses stating that they were overall satisfied with performance, and only a small number of respondents stating they were unsure or dissatisfied (20 percent and 6 percent overall, respectively). Many of the comments focus on the recent Drew Boom and Recruitment initiatives as high points of minister McEntire’s term. Original skeptics of his nomination seem to have been won over due to his performance in handling the events.

• Overall, I think OD has done a fine job of running culture. It is his third term (I think) as minister, so it may be getting stale or repetitive. Someone brought up earlier that culture doesn't do much beyond weekend games or festivals, and I really would like that to change, but currently, I think it's an accurate depiction. I also would like OD to communicate better with the rest of the cultural staff. In the past, ministers may have had to take on a lot of work due to a lack of talent/manpower, but with the influx of new talent in the region, I think it's important to capitalize on that and delegate/communicate with the assistant ministers rather than completing projects behind the scenes and ignoring advice or input.
  • OD does too much without the help of his team. There have been times where his team will ask to help, and he will provide no guidance, leaving things for the last minute. Darc's Ovation being a prime example of this. He hadn't even reached out to anyone to prepare speeches until midway through. Now he is organizing an event with an ally with minimal consulting. I'm pretty disappointed.
  • what's this fa stuff someone assigned to fa in culture and fa not aware
  • UV is more visible than OD at times, not seeing much innovation yet
  • OD doing all that’s expected, but what’s expected for an entire ministry isn’t much.
  • Darc's ovation was well organised and fun, and WG running smoothly. I'm glad OD's kept up the good work
  • OD is breaking protocol by trying to directly engage in Foreign Affairs as MoC trying to set up festivals. He needs to stop or be canned.
  • Od doesn't really seem to respond to ideas from junior ministers. Doesn't seem to do anything but host trivia occasionally and run very basic festivals using the same boring ideas from the past several years. Culture needs an overhaul and Od doesn't seem to be the person for the job.
  • OD seems to be coasting on his solid performance last term. The Darc ovation was... pretty disappointing. Not many speeches. Just sort of same-old spam games. This event was not well thought through and internal communication to staff / feedback for their ideas was practically non-existent until 24h out. I'd like to see something other than yet another festival and the same weekend games from culture.
  • Weekend games seem to run smoothly.
  • I feel like OD might be burning out after a strong term? The ovation festival for Darc was really lackluster. Hardly any speeches until the final day, didn't feel like it was well-organized. Weekend games are still happening at a steady clip and new citizens seem to be taking advantage of those so I'm not "unsatisfied" yet, but definitely a drop-off from last term and I hope OD can finish strong!
  • Culture Games are boring and stale. I wish that the FM or OD would invest some thought into doing things besides retreaded games and festivals. There are lots of culture projects available that could be focused on.

Out of all the ministers, minister of Culture Olde Delaware had the most controversial set of responses. Minister Olde Delaware managed to skate by with 50 percent of responses indicating some sort of approval, but with 30 percent of responses indicating they were dissatisfied to some level, and 20 percent of responses stating they were unsure, which is a clear break from the rest of the general positive ratings given to Domestic Executive. The comments seem to be critical of stagnation in Culture, with some comments calling for more innovation and excitement rather than just filling the status quo. There are also some critics who point towards a lack of communication from the minister, especially in regards to communicating with Junior ministers. Several comments also criticize his seemingly unnecessary involvement in Foreign Affairs as a culture minister, arguing that he is overstepping his bounds. With new projects in the works, such as future festivals and EuroPride, it will be interesting to see what the future holds for Culture.

• Radio has been awesome this term. There have been plenty of interesting shows every week, and we have a ton of new talent getting involved. I think the way that Calvin is running the ministry and promoting independence is really helping to reinvigorate a traditionally not-as-popular ministry.
  • A lot of new faces on radio = good for the region
  • Radio's been doing shows like mad this term
  • More activity in radio than... for a long long time. Good stuff, keep it up.
  • He's doing an excellent job getting new people on Radio, encouraging new show discussions and training future hosts.
  • Calvin is doing the best he can with what he has. There's been a steady flow of content, and radio feels active. Would like some more innovative shows, but that's a minor gripe and probably relies on him getting more help that he might not have.
  • Daddy Cool does a great job and keeps things neat and organized.

Minister Calvin Coolidge received the strongest ratings out of all the ministers; while 93 percent of responses stated they were overall satisfied with the performance, a whopping 73 percent of responses marked that they highly approved of his term. Only a meager combined 6 percent said that they were dissatisfied or unsure of his performance. The comments reflect the high confidence in minister Calvin Coolidge, praising his role in getting newcomers involved in radio and promoting activity, and training a new generation of Radio members. With talks of restructuring certain ministries, it seems that the region clearly approves of how minister Calvin Coolidge is leading radio, and it may play a significant part in future discussions.

• Bowzin has done an excellent job as Attorney General. I think involvement could be better, but I don't think that's any of Bowzin's fault at all. The ministry of Justice is one that is not typically as enticing to newcomers, but Bowzin has worked hard to try and get law clerks more involved.
  • Bowzin has had some weird missteps, and recently missed the LA timing for the Judicature bill, which has been in the works for months.
  • (Joke) He must not in office at Village Idiot XD
  • I would be satisfied but the lack of LA for the Judicature Act is inexcusable. It has been in the pipe for so so so so long and is so so so so important also hard to understand! The one time an LA would really be helpful to the public and probably the exec too.
  • Seems to be an effective AG.
  • Honestly, I feel like Bowzin has struggled in this role. From his LoS/judicial review snafu, to now missing a legislative assessment on one of the most consequential pieces of legislation in a while....not a good look. I'll be interested to see what he says to Calvin's oversight post in the Senate, but if I were a Senator I'd struggle to vote to confirm Bowzin for a future term.
  • Well he's a great village idiot.

Attorney General Bowzin also received divided ratings, but still managed to win a majority approval rate, with 60 percent of responses indicating some sort of approval, but with a sizeable amount of responses saying they were unsure or dissatisfied (23 percent and 16 percent respectively). Comments provide a more critical outlook on attorney general Bowzin, with a couple of comments of satisfaction, but with major dissatisfaction over the legislative opinion for the recently passed Judicature Bill, which the Attorney General missed. The ministry of Justice is one that traditionally is hard to garner interest in, which is reflected in one of the comments. It will be interesting to see whether Bowzin will be able to turn the term around.

• The term is off to a good start.
  • Istillan is great. I forgot Hez was anything.
  • I'm still optimistic about the term but we need to keep up the momentum. Don't coast.

Elections

The odds for first minister Istillian getting re-elected at this point seem good, with over three quarters of responses saying they would be overall likely to support him in a reelection campaign. Only a fifth of responses said they were unsure, and a small 3 percent of responses said they were unlikely to support Istillian.

The next question focuses on future candidates the region would like to see run.

Istillian 4, Lloenflys 4,

McEntire 3, Calvin 3, Peeps 3, Prim 3

Hezekon 2 , Sopo 2, Forilian 2, Kuramia 2, Pichto 2, SEC 2, GraV 2, Xecrio 2, United Vietussia 2

Rotasu 1, Monkey 1, Lethen 1 , Maowi 1, Astrellan 1, Darkslayer 1, HEM 1, DAX 1, Gio 1

Leading the pack is incumbent first minister Istilian, and the soon to be outgoing Speaker of the Senate Lloenflys. While to observers of Europeian politics this would be expected, it is unclear if Lloenflys would seek to challenge an incumbent first minister who appears very popular with the electorate. Following the two frontrunners, ministers McEntire and Calvin Coolidge are likely benefiting from their high profile status as both popular ministers and as Senators. Prim is often mentioned in polls for high office given his strong political resume and activity. councilor and Senator Peeps is likely the most interesting name here. Seen widely as a rising star, he ran for Second minister alongside HEM in the last first minister election -- could Peeps stage a run for the top job himself? Finally, we have a wide array of names given one or two mentions from across the political sphere. Some include players rising through the government ranks, including Second minister Hezekon, Xecrio, and Monkey, while others are political heavyweights such as HEM, Kuramia, or Pichtonia. While one of these heavyweights could launch a bid that would instantly make them a contender in any race, some of the rising figures may wish to wait until they have clearer evidence of popular support.

• GraV, Dax, Lloen
  • Pichto, Calvin, GraV
  • Xecrio/Nate
  • I'd like to see some new faces run, possibly even with a newcomer as a Vice President. I think people like Calvin, HEM, Prim, Sopo, Pichtonia are all domestic powerhouses and I think it could be a great idea to get them involved on a ticket and then pair it with a newcomer.
  • McEntire
  • Lloen, Calvin, Kura, Peeps
  • Sopo, Lethen, Peeps, Prim, Foril
  • Lloenflys, Astrellan, Xecrio, UV
  • Monkey, Prim, Maowi or SEC
  • WOW - so many options, really! Peeps, Hez, UV, Forilian, Darkslayer, Calvin, Kuramia, McEntire, Lloen, SEC... the list goes on.
  • Istillian
  • Peeps, Rotasu, Hezekon, McEntire,
  • Gio
  • Myself

This question asked about cabinet recommendations.

General cabinet: Peeps (3), Darkslayer(2), Forillian (2), Lime(2), Rotasu, Sopo, Lethen, Verteger, Gio, GraV,

Culture: UV (3), Gio (2), Monkey (2)

Interior: SEC (4), Peeps (2), McEntire, GraV

Communication: Lime (3), Hezekon (2), Istillian, Maowi, Lloen, Deepest House

Radio: Calvin (2), Monkey, Sopo

Attorney General: Drecq, Bowzin

Overall Count: Lime (5), Peeps (5), SEC (4), UV (3), Gio (3), Monkey (3), Sopo (3), Darkslayer (2), Forillian (2), GraV (2), Hezekon (2), Calvin (2), McEntire, Istilian, Maowi, Lloenflys, Deepest House, Drecq, Bowzin, Rotasu, Lethen, Verteger.

Once again a wide array of names have been suggested; however, some clearer themes can be identified here. Lime and Peeps are both mentioned most frequently with five mentions each. Lime is mentioned three times to lead the ministry of Communications, the most mentioned name to lead that ministry, even beating the incumbent minister, Hezekon, who is mentioned twice. Two respondents also stated that they wished to see Lime in the cabinet but did not specify which ministry. Three respondents said that they would like to see Peeps in the cabinet but did not specify a ministry, while two said that they would like to see him lead Interior. While currently, Peeps would be unable to serve as both a minister and councilor it is a positive sign for his career and he is one of the most frequently mentioned names for first minister and a cabinet position in this poll. SEC is strongly favoured by our respondents to lead Interior with all four of his mentions being in that ministry. Other interesting names are United Vietussia, Monkey, and Gio, all mentioned to lead the Culture ministry - a department that we know will see a fresh face as the incumbent has confirmed he will not lead it for another term. Darkslayer and Forillian, two active newcomers, are both mentioned twice for a position in the cabinet. Neither has held office in Europeia before and so this is a positive sign for them that their efforts are being noticed. The remaining names include incumbent ministers and officeholders as well as former ministries.

• Darkslayer, ForillianSupervisor, Rotasu (it think he'd do better than then the senate tbh)
  • UV in Culture.
  • Peeps in Inteior
  • Lime in Comms
  • Sopo, Lethen, Peeps, Prim, Foril, or EVERYONE!
  • Peeps, Verteger, Gio, Lime, Grav
  • Radio - Calvin or monkey
  • Culture - Gio or monkey
  • Interior - McEntire or SEC
  • Comms - Hez, Ist, Maowi or Lloen
  • Peeps (ideally, although ofc he's busy with CoC), Darkslayer, Lime
  • SEC - Interior
  • monkey - Culture
  • Lime - Comms
  • Anyone new - Radio
  • Interior - SEC, Peeps, GraV
  • Radio - Calvin, Sopo
  • Culture - UV, Gio
  • Comms - Deepest House, Hez, Lime
  • Attorney General - Drecq, Bowzin
  • Lots of options but I hope that Ist picks a different SM.
  • SEC for Interior, UV for Culture

• Please not only senate, real election, real presentasion of will of people

Last edited:
Just wanted to pop in here and give credit to @Aexnidaral for the color scheme of the graphs and tables! I really liked how they looked and I thought they made things much more clear and intuitive.

Last edited:
Surprised to see I was suggested for an office (First Minister or Cabinet). Flattering, but no. :p A lot of the commentary on the Ministers was about what I'd expect, but I didn't expect the OD commentary (the variety, the depth, whatever you want to call it).

Also I was feeling a bit of the same with the OD comments about things being a bit stale, but I will say that I feel like all the events and festivals have been planned/organized a bit last minute over the last few terms (probably predating OD). Maybe that's just how it is now? I don't know. The FA overreach thing is concerning - I'd heard rumblings about this - but it was mentioned twice above...maybe we should get some clarity about a situation that warranted someone calling for OD's dismissal.

Not mentioned directly in the comments, but its disappointing that OD is ignoring or not involving his Junior Ministers if that claim is true. Before being Culture Minister, OD often lamented the lack of training with upward mobility in mind, so it's pretty disappointing if he hasn't been training anyone up. That being said, I can't tell if those comments are more in the vein of "OD is ignoring his staff" or "OD is doing fine but there's so much untapped potential from the Drew Boom that he isn't exploiting."

I am still on LOA but I wanted to address this.

I am completely and utterly blindsided by all of this.

Last term we had little in the way of activity with the exception of Pichto, UV and Dax. I did my best, I leaned heavily on Dax for her advice. I truly mean it when I say she is the best boss. She was there for me when I needed her. All three I called out in my end of term speech and UV received a Sapphire Star for his work. This term, we've had more activity which I am tremendously happy and grateful for. I tried to include everyone in ideas for ovating Darc, I believe Monkey and Dax and UV stepped forward with some ideas as well as our vaunted Administrators, I took ideas from all sides and placed them in the Ovation. I also made a blanket call for anyone who wanted to make a game or add a competition. That way, if I weren't online or not able to see it, that the idea wouldn't go to waste

I've specifically spent this second term, with the support of Istillian, building up the Ministry and its level of activity, supporting new ideas and those who make them, giving projects and of course keeping up overall activity and general recruiting.

I've given UV a blank check to do whatever he wanted with weekend games, encouraged more than the status quo. We were working on Minecraft, with Darc's schedule permitting and I've been up front and honest with our Senate Oversight. I've brought on new up and comers such as Rotasu and Fori and given them tasks. I've taken ideas presented and put them to work for the Ministry and for the region. As far as I know, Ist is satisfied with my work and until these comments today, I had heard nothing in the way of complaints from any of my peers or members of my department.

Gio was set to go with acting as our point person for my original idea which was Eurostock 2020, a music festival with Balder that we decided to shelve in favor of EuroPride.

As for the Foreign Issue, I carried on the tradition of naming a Deputy for Foreign Outreach. I believe Rach (smol) was the first, naming Bowzin. I also named Bowzin in my first term and I named Gio for my second, I announced publicly that I was doing so and what their job was, point person for foreign festivals. There was no pushback from anyone at any time over either announcement. No accusation that I was overstepping my bounds or otherwise usurping the role of Foreign Affairs. Now that we have a CoC, its an issue? I mean, I have no problem with working with either FA or the CoC, but I'm kinda at a loss for words how its only just now an issue.

I am sorry to seem to be rambling, but I just don't understand where all of this is coming from.

Interesting results, and pretty much on the nose for what I personally feel about the progress being made. I think Ist has had a particularly non-boat rocking term, and because of that the quietness seems worse than it is. Most of the Cabinet has done a stellar job, but there are some areas where there's a lot left to be desired.

I must say, I am really shocked about these results on OD. I had heard basically no complaint on OD’s work before this poll. I advise @Olde Delaware to hold a webinar/comments thread/whatever to specifically pin down what people are unsatisfied about, and to conform to these demands to his best abilities.

Speaking as someone who has given OD a higher Culture Minister rating in the past than I did on this poll (without saying anymore more) -- I think Darcness' Ovation was a red flag for me. Seemed very last minute, I wasn't even asked to give a speech but did so because there...weren't any. And since then, I haven't seen anything that represents a turnaround. It can be hard to hold the same job for multiple terms -- especially when expectations get set high -- but this term has seemed like a step down so far. Plenty of time to rally though!

Great work, Monkey and Lime :)

These results are a lot more extreme/polarised than what I expected for what has been a fairly controversy-free term.

Speaking as someone who is a member of Culture Staff and so can see what Junior Ministers have a available to them in Culture, I am very confused about the suggestions that OBee hasn't been engaging with/providing opportunities for culture staff. He's been consistently opening up discussions in the Culture Staff subforum, allowing people to develop their own ideas/projects, and overall giving people opportunities to take initiative. That's my impression but I'm struggling to see any good reason why some people are disappointed on that front. Perhaps a decrease in external visibility compared to last term?

Speaking as someone who has given OD a higher Culture Minister rating in the past than I did on this poll (without saying anymore more) -- I think Darcness' Ovation was a red flag for me. Seemed very last minute, I wasn't even asked to give a speech but did so because there...weren't any. And since then, I haven't seen anything that represents a turnaround. It can be hard to hold the same job for multiple terms -- especially when expectations get set high -- but this term has seemed like a step down so far. Plenty of time to rally though!

Yeah, to be honest I was surprised no one reached out to me to offer to give a speech for Darc's ovation lol

Yeah, to be honest I was surprised no one reached out to me to offer to give a speech for Darc's ovation lol
I had the same concern, but when I asked OD about it specifically he assumed - at least for the admins - that we would just post a speech ourselves. Which I think is fair; there are times in the past where I've never been asked. I've simply said "Oh I'm doing a speech for this" and they say "okay cool."

...in fact times when I have been asked I've never delivered. 👀

I'd like to push back on OD being completely caught off-guard by these comments by sharing my experience as both Minister of Radio and a Culture assistant minister, and the times that I have approached OD about these issues.

Firstly, when it comes to Darc's Ovation, he never reached out to me about making a speech, I knew that I was going to make one, but definitely was surprised I was the first one to do so, as it came midway through the event. As far as I know, OD only reached out to people at all by pinging Cabinet near the end of the Ovation, and just issuing a general call for speeches.

Additionally, I was confused when anything was happening when planning for the Ovation, and had no schedule to base the radio shows off of until the day of the event. I know I was not the only one confused, as a few other staffers were asking the day before the event was what happening and what had been approved. OD kinda just said that anyone can feel free to do anything, and then just posted all the games himself the next day.

Further, monkey and I have been trying to coordinate the integration of a Name That Tune broadcast game into weekend games. We have a host lined up as well as the music poll posted to get the game going, and turned it over to Culture over two weeks ago at this point, with nothing getting back to us. We have reminded him a few times, but he says he missed it.

Lastly, the Foreign Affairs outreach stuff I remember as OD asking culture staff to suggest allies for a joint festival, then Sopo and I asked why Culture is the one determining the allies, not Peeps, and OD just said that Ist had asked for a foreign festival. I know OD said that he wasn't involved in the TNP region of the week stuff, but Peeps and UV were collaborating on that, so I don't know where that ended up.

Anyway, the point of all this isn't to pile on to OD, it's just to say that the signs have been there, so I'm more surprised that OD is surprised than I am surprised to see these numbers. I hope this serves as a wake-up call for the rest of the term.

First of all, I'd like to note that I had asked OD to look into planning a foreign festival, so I think some of the issue here may have even been communicating the approach to how this was done by me personally, and even potentially giving more direction here. But overall I think that OD has been a fantastic culture minister this term, and last; so while I understand some of the flack he may have received for comments outside of his role as Minister of Culture, he's been incredibly active in event planning, supervision and development of staff, and training others to take on the ministry - even recently providing me with a list people that he is mentoring for leadership for future terms, which somewhat understandably isn't something in the public eye.

I do think that, as I've mentioned in a recent FM update, there is a real struggle with getting information out as a minister regarding things you may have been doing that are sometimes hard to express or quantify, so one of the big take-homes out of this for me is that I will be working with OD a bit closer to communicate some of this information coming from Culture, to plan more domestic focused activities that we can visibly quantify, and hopefully personally combat some of that feeling of quietness across the region. But honestly, this kind of poll/report is really good to have, because I can already tell you that I've been in active development today on tasks, and it's given me a lot of energy to address and direct any areas across the ministries that people may have felt need that extra oomph of engagement.

I've been in your position before, Ist, so I get what you're trying to do and tamper things down before they combust further -- but the response(s) thus far don't really seem to address what people are critiquing (and concerned about) and seems more like an oblique deflection. Calvin's post outlines a series of problems over a seemingly distinct period of time rather than just a couple of days, and it seems to corroborate some of the comments made in the poll both nebulously but also more specifically. I'm not in Culture and haven't really been involved in it so I don't know how particularly accurate Calvin's post is, but I don't see how OD can claim to have been caught off guard when it seems like there'd been attempts by staff to express their dissatisfaction in some way? It seems a bit contrived, fairly feigned, and disingenuous if what Calvin posted is accurate.

Ultimately, I hope that OD himself is able to provide a walk-through of the events Calvin stated transpired so we can better understand why things turned out the way they did and why we're where we are now, and provide his personal context to them; but to feign ignorance and surprise seems... uh, weird lol

I wanna try to get some actual sleep tonight, so I'll just say this before I try to do that and flesh it out a little bit later.

With regards to speeches, I honestly thought that I wouldn't need to hunt down Darcs friends to make a speech on how much they appreciate him. At the end of the ovation, when there was little in the way of speeches, I had assumed that the Admins would either jointly write one or write one individually at the end. When none came, I put out a blanket ping encouraging speeches but again, I didn't think Darcs friends needed prompting.

I went back and looked regarding the radio show Panda, it looks like it was overshadowed by the Ovation which we started planning April 22nd. You have asked about it, I dropped the ball on it. That's my fault and I own that. I'll talk to UV today.

Ist and I I think explained the fopo thing as best we could. Ist asked me to get it done, I set about doing so.

In any case, I've resigned from the Senate to give Culture my undivided attention moving forward. It's clear I can't do both.

On the FA front, I think it's good that OD is keen for Culture to cross over with FA. Our culture and community is a great FA tool and we should be taking opportunities to showcase it to an interregional audience.

My only concern has been that we make sure our FA specialists are in the loop so we can make sure we're not causing problems by accident. FA can be a nuanced balancing act at times. One partner can get offended that another was invited to something and they weren't, controversies can be brewing behind the scenes that are yet to break, other regions can be planning conflicting events that aren't public knowledge yet, etc. I've spoken to both OD and Ist about this several times and I'm happy that we're in a good place where FA can focus on managing our interregional relationships and Culture can focus on great events, with both supplementing the other.

On the FA front, I think it's good that OD is keen for Culture to cross over with FA. Our culture and community is a great FA tool and we should be taking opportunities to showcase it to an interregional audience.

My only concern has been that we make sure our FA specialists are in the loop so we can make sure we're not causing problems by accident. FA can be a nuanced balancing act at times. One partner can get offended that another was invited to something and they weren't, controversies can be brewing behind the scenes that are yet to break, other regions can be planning conflicting events that aren't public knowledge yet, etc. I've spoken to both OD and Ist about this several times and I'm happy that we're in a good place where FA can focus on managing our interregional relationships and Culture can focus on great events, with both supplementing the other.
Am I safe in assuming Peeps will be involved in any Culture events going forward?

Back