Spam - An Admin Poll

Should we exclude the "Games" forum from the new/latest posts function?

• Yes

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Yes, but exclude the Hunger Games subforum

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
All,

At various times, folks have asked if it's possible to remove certain parts of the forum from the "latest posts" sidebar, "what's new," or "new posts." We do have this ability, by forum. While I don't want to make a habit of changing what does or does not appear, I think there is merit to the idea that the "Games" forum (i.e. spam, village idiot, hunger games, and holy court of hem) should be excluded from these functions as they can obscure relatively more important threads. However, this means these threads will not appear for anyone, and some people may appreciate knowing when a spam thread has been bumped.

Let us know your opinion in this poll. Results are not binding!

Most of my notifications are from spam threads and I dislike having to go in and manually stop following them, so I'm with Aex please block out the spam forum notifications por favor!

Most of my notifications are from spam threads and I dislike having to go in and manually stop following them, so I'm with Aex please block out the spam forum notifications por favor!
Well, you'll probably still get notifications if you've posted in them.

Well, you'll probably still get notifications if you've posted in them.
Which is why it won't be a problem to turn off the whole games forum in "new threads" -- if people follow those threads directly, they will still get notifications and be able to play.

You can always Watch a thread too.

I’d like both HG and Village Idiot to still show personally so I don’t miss the next sitting

i would like all registered members to get notifications // desktop alerts // emails when new posts are made in the holy court of hem.

As an avid spammer, please DO remove the forum from the latest posts. That way I still get notified when there's a new post AND I don't have to feel bad about clogging up the what's new list for people

We are missing the best option: Remove new/latest posts feature

Indeed, I don't really use anything else except for "New Posts" to browse the forum unless I'm looking for a specific thread that doesn't have new posts (or looking for something in a ministry subforum -- which should be moved higher, btw)

Given the pretty overwhelming response in favor, I have removed the main "Games" forum and the Holy Court of HEM subforum from new posts. I've left the Hunger Games and Office of the Village Idiot for now.

I have never once used "new posts" to browse the forums; I traverse the main page/index top to bottom. @Darcness isn't alone!

on this topic, is there any way we can prevent posts from games to come up when we do a search? sometimes i search my name to see what kind of crazy stuff comes up and its just full of spam point posts

Sounds like a personal problem

Back