Admin Task Thread

Could I have a subforum created underneath the Council of World Assembly Affairs forum?

Name: WA Resolution Drafting Convention
Description: Convention to collectively brainstorm, edit, and draft a resolution to submit to the General Assembly

Viewable by all citizens, posting privs for all citizens
Moderation Privs: Council of State group (if that's an option)

Astrellan can be masked as a Senator. Poll.
Done.
Could I have a subforum created underneath the Council of World Assembly Affairs forum?

Name: WA Resolution Drafting Convention
Description: Convention to collectively brainstorm, edit, and draft a resolution to submit to the General Assembly

Viewable by all citizens, posting privs for all citizens
Moderation Privs: Council of State group (if that's an option)
Done. Small note: The moderation privs match the Council of WAA forum: CoS, DCoS, Councilor, Deputy Councilor.
Mark me as Chair of CA pls and unmask Anna :)
Done.

Can the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs and Foreign Affairs be renamed to Council of _____, and moved so their groupings on the front page are closer together with each other and the Octagon?

Can the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs and Foreign Affairs be renamed to Council of _____, and moved so their groupings on the front page are closer together with each other and the Octagon?
They certainly can! I wonder, though, if it would make more sense to name them something else? "Council of WAA, Council of FA, okay, so what does the Council of State do? Oh, it's a different thing." (I'm not trying to push back here, just giving you the opportunity to rethink this so I'm not changing them again in a week. :p )

I
They certainly can! I wonder, though, if it would make more sense to name them something else? "Council of WAA, Council of FA, okay, so what does the Council of State do? Oh, it's a different thing." (I'm not trying to push back here, just giving you the opportunity to rethink this so I'm not changing them again in a week. :p )
When discussing constitutional changes I referred to council of state as “departments” and cabinet as “ministries”. Just an idea.

I prefer Council to Department as an analogous comparison to Minstries being directed by Ministers. Ultimately, I suppose it's @Kuramia s call

@Whitmark , @Darcness : That was intentional. Per the Elections Act, the date for the Chief of State election is approx. 45 days after the General Election, however, as the election can be set up to 3 days prior or post that date until an election date is set the potential election date is an entire week. The election date can only be set with any accuracy by the Speaker of the Senate who is going to administer the election. That is going to be the Speaker elected by the Senate following the next General Election. Once that Speaker is in Office I will contact them, as I did with CSP following the previous General Election, and ask them to set a provisional date from those seven potential dates. Once a provisional date has been set the Chief of State election countdown will once again be listed in the dropdown.

Edit: For those who read that explanation and ask themselves why I simply do not set the first possible date or the last possible date or the date exactly 45 days after the General Election for the countdown and correct once the new Speaker has set their own date my answer is simply: Provisional answers have a tendency to become permanent answers. It is likely that the Speaker would simply adopt my provisional date as people would have already started using it/referring to it. Therefore in fact, if not in law, I would have set the date, not the Speaker. I do not believe that to be the best course of action.

Last edited:
Listen we've got three words and enough confusion with people per my discussions with them. Let's spare ourselves with Councils. We already use Cabinets as well

Listen we've got three words and enough confusion with people per my discussions with them. Let's spare ourselves with Councils. We already use Cabinets as well
Have we considered armoires?

Done, as requested.

Thanks! I noticed this was grabbed earlier so everything was taken care of, don't worry

Back