Worth Writing For - The Republic of Europeia

Worth Writing For - The Republic of Europeia
By Willem Jefferson

If I'm Ernie, Gustavus Adolphus Rex is Bert. We're bros for life. To quote Zoolander, "and I mean that the way black people say it because that's more meaningful I think". True, Derek. True. Anyways, I like the guy (GAR) but he's been busting my balls to write. Here's the thing about that - I don't know much about Europeia. I know it's flag, some of it's people and it's structure. What I don't know is the daily life, and I have not plugged myself in to the culture of this place yet.

The truth is when you write, you have to find something worth writing for. Then I realized it doesn't need to be a Presidential address or a recruitment boom. I should write for Europeia itself. This place is worth writing for. This region which has, again and again, stood, as a rock in the Nationstates world. Few pillars remain from antiquity but Europeia stands true and firm. In an age when every tweenaged would-be King with the last name Stuart, Anumia or Tudor can start a mini-monarchy named after some remote county in England, there is a place for a large, free, democratic, secular republic. What is so unique about Europeia is that it has not collapsed into itself, or let those tests become anything besides opportunities. There is a life and an energy to this place that is palpable and is real.

It would be easy, negligent even, to say it is the product of one man, one woman or one name. It is more than this. It is being the one region that has forged it's own culture not relied on a real-world culture. It is being a region so proud, so alive with common understanding, that we do not need division by party or lobby. It is a navy which acts with such bravery and swiftness as to inspire genuine and real patriotic feeling.

Presidents will come and go. Puppet republics will collapse and wither. Monarchs will live and die but Europeia will endure. Unpacked and enduring. And always, forever worth writing for.

Very nice, though I'm mildly insulted that you put the Anumia surname on the same level as the Tudors and Stuarts :p

I'll just point out here that there's a very popular theory out there that Bert and Ernie are a bit closer than your average bro... :unsure:

:lol:

This article made me feel good. <3.

And yeah, technically really everyone's an Anumian. :p Doesn't matter where you really go, they're/we're everywhere. <3. This article made me really happy, though. ^_^

Well, you are a statue, but that did not prevent you from becoming the "Allfather".

Plus, don't be a hypocrit, you have asked to adopt me so many times :p .

Back