Such is Europeia

Such is Europeia - Issue I

Need a Job?

Chancellor HEM has decided to extend the period in which he is accepting applications for the position of Vice-Chancellor until the end of this term. There is currently only one spot available with Lethen serving the other. So for all of you who might be thinking about running for the position, what exactly does the Vice-Chancellor do?

Find out here and here. You can apply here.

I love the idea. What remains to be seen is if people will actually apply. So if you have nothing to do next term, have the time, have the experience and would love to help out, just apply. Do it for Europeia and do it for HEM. So far, this long news-cast is kinda just looking like One Little Bird.... grrr.

How Smooth is too Smooth?

The always smooth Skizzy continues to impress with his brilliant puns and smart satire. Be sure to check out his writings because it is worth it. In fact, he is so popular that he has an admirer who has been doing fan-writing. The mysterious admirer is none other than Henry. Whether he is really an admirer or not is arguable but nonetheless, he has been doing satire on Skizzies satire. When that happens, you know that you have hit the big time.

That sounds like I'm doing celebrity gossip. Brilliant. Time for controversy?

The Gig is Up

Pretend extrovert bad-girl Rachel has decided to just be herself and will no longer be acting like something she's not. Rachel had this to say: "It's why I got rid of the Anumia in my name before, because I knew I had created something weird but couldn't stop then. During my term in TUK and with Nivogal, I just decided to stop being myself in NS. It was too appealing to be the bad girl, to not have to worry about expectations and to have fun like those extroverts do. But it was never really fun and people never treated me like how I was pretending to be. So I'm going to be me".

Knowingly writing about myself in the third person just shows you how much I think ahead (ie: Gus's fail blog).

Oliver Hall of Fame Worthy?

Here we go again. The term isn't over and already the discussion has already begun on the legacy of Olivers term and whether or not he is Hall of Fame worthy. So here are my thoughts: There should be no question about Oliver's legacy, out of the last three Presidents Oliver has easily had the best term in terms of performance. Why? The interior is still going strong, the Navy is even stronger than last term, foreign affairs is better, Culture is even better and Welfare is the best it's been in the last three terms. In every Ministery (excepting maybe foreign affairs from Anumia's term) things have either been better or as good as in the previous terms. This was with all the resignations and all the inactivity in his term.

Now, I'm slightly biased here but I love Oliver's attitude as well. I feel he's brought more realism to the office and has always been a team player. Oh and I forgot, he is also a great legislator and has been working with the Senate and city council all term. So he's my favourite President, but don't let that be a put-down to Anumia and CSP who have also done great jobs. Building upon is easier than starting and I think they have to also be given credit for being pioneers and great Presidents. So heres to the last three Presidents.

Is he Hall of Fame worthy? I'm not sure, I don't really have an idea on what constitutes being worthy of the Hall of Fame. I would rather see the old greats get in first.

What a sensationalist I am, the Hall of Fame question was just put out there for just that. I love how I was like pfft I'm better than those guys who are speculating but here's my opinion anyway xP That's a fun silly little irony. Now I could go on to talk about legislation, but that's cookie-cutter news-reporting and I need to make a cookie-cutter. If you would like to know, they are both doing very very well. Some would say too well.

Rachel hits the streets (msn) of Europeia to ask Europeians what their plans are for next term. Uncensored and unedited.

First, the JFK of Europeia....

Rach: Mr. President, a word please. What are your plans for next term? This is for the EBC.

Oliver: I don't have any?

Rach: Thank you Mr. President, do you plan on continuing with the Law Index 2.0?

Oliver: oh, wait, interview. I thought you were asking what my plans were for the EBC >_>

Rach: No. Just one quick question and I wanted to let you know that this is for the EBC. :p

Oliver: lol. See, that's different. Next time give me a heads up that that's what you're doing, as it wasn't clear.

Rach: k.

Oliver: Next term I'll be running for Senate and I hope to be serving in a ministry. I hope to continue with the Law Index 2.0, but with Hy's reforms it's less of an urgent project.

Rach: Thank you Mr. President.

Next up, the wubbable PASD. The Last King of TUK.

Rach: For the EBC, what are your plans for next term?

PASD: my plans?

Rach: yes your plans :p

PASD: umm..my plans?

Rach: yes yes :p

PASD: well I don't know. I might run of Senate, I might join the CC. I have no clue. I might just pull and AA and stalk the RS. :p

Rach: but you already stalk the RS.

PASD: lol. I continue what I am doing now.

The one and only Lethen....

Rach: Question. What are your plans for next term? This is for the EBC: as in, I'll be posting what you say there.

Sir Lethen: oh, interview then?

Rach: Just one question. I want to get a few people.

Sir Lethen: Ah, okay. My plans next term? Well...that depends. I don't see myself making a bid for the Senate as of now...I will probably continue what I'm doing. That is, a quiet life where I criticize from the public gallery instead of the first bench.

Rach: Thank you Sit ^^

Sir Lethen: jerk :p

And FIO!

Rach: I'm doing a post for the EBC in Euro. Want to say a hello that I could put in my article?

Fio: *thinks*

Rach: Come on... they wub you... :p pleeeeaaaase

Fio: Slander and lies :p

Rach: It can be like on Entertainment Tonight

Fio: I dont really know what really say

Lisa says: you know... Hey CANADA, WADDUP

Fio: That I'm enjoying the retired life? haha

Rach: hope you're having an awesome 2011, like that and it's famous people. oh, and they'll say like it's your boy... (your name here) :p . lmao "Hey Euro, it's your Boy Fio. :p Hope your having an amazing 2011! Congratulations on hitting 2011!" :D

like?

Fio: Hey there everyone, this is Fio, hanging out on the other side of the Farplane. You might not hear from me anymore but my thoughts and prayers are with all of you

Rach: Awesome. Thank you Fio :)

Ollie's contributions aren't nearly confined to this term. His work in legislation and the City Council are both invaluable in their own right.

Ollie's contributions aren't nearly confined to this term. His work in legislation and the City Council are both invaluable in their own right.
Definately, I think it's amazing the amount of work and effort that he has put into both of those as President. It wasn't a point made in regards to his HoF worthiness but to his term only.

Back