[Senate Candidate Interviews] SkyGreen & NLHP

Senate Candidate Interviews: SkyGreen & NLHP
Quick Bite Interviews with Senate Election Candidates

Interview conducted by Grea Kriopia

As part of the wind-up to the February 2024 Senate Election, the EBC sat down to briefly interview standing Senate Candidates. I sat down with Candidates @SkyGreen and @nlaumeyer in two quick interviews to get a little more insight into their platforms.

Interview with SkyGreen

GK: Hi Sky! Thanks for taking some time to chat with me today. Let's start simple: Why are you running for Senate?

Sky: The demons told me to. I think in part the constitutional convention piqued my interesting in legislative matters more broadly, and I feel like I can provide a strong voice in the Senate during the next two months or so.

GK: In your opinion, which quality of yours makes you the best suited to a seat in the Senate?

Sky: Probably my wide area of experience, I've been involved in many parts of the executive and have had experience in the legislature as well, so I think I can provide a balanced and measured opinion.

GK: If elected, are there any proposals you would be prioritizing during your term?

Sky: I would try to get a more clear picture on the popularity of half terms since they're already being discussed.

GK: Where would you draw the line when it comes to the oversight over the Executive, especially its FA handling?

Sky: Drawing the line can be difficult so I would just say that I'd be more reserved when it comes to ministries I am not particularly knowledgeable about and I'd err on the side of safety/security in the case of FA issues.

GK: Are there any new ideas you have in your mind that you plan to propose in the upcoming Constitutional Convention?

Sky: I don't really have a solid idea but I would like to be involved in discussions regarding our gameside as I think we still have a lot of untapped potential there.

GK: Which past Senator is the closest to how you want and expect your own term to go, if elected?

Sky: I, SkyGreen, really liked this one Senator, called SkyGreen24. I think he did good, and I hope I will do good too if elected.

GK: In the event of disagreements, how would you balance between building consensus with fellow Senators while also maintaining the strength of the legislation originally proposed?

Sky: I would try to emphasize the underlying ideological motivations of my legislation, to see where exactly our disagreement stems from. From there I would try to balance out the pure ideology with the practical reality of the situation.

GK: Thanks for your time, Sky, and best of luck!

Interview with Nlaumeyer

GK: Hi NLHP! Thanks for letting me take up your time today. Do you want to tell me why you are running for Senate?

NLHP: I am running as Europeia needs a voice more so now to help ensure the people are represented. By running it also hopefully spurs newer people to join.

GK: In your opinion, which quality of yours makes you the best suited to a seat in the Senate?

NLHP: My ability to listen and understand is now my biggest strength because being able to listen and understand helps to make the best decisions.

GK: If elected, are there any proposals you would be prioritizing during your term?

NLHP: Right now, the senate half term but also I will be wanting to look at how we can get newer players involved.

GK: Where would you draw the line when it comes to the oversight over the Executive, especially its FA handling?

NLHP: Anything less than a minimum of 2-3 weeks or releasing information that would be harmful when released/violate terms of service.

GK: Are there any new ideas you have in your mind that you plan to propose in the upcoming Constitutional Convention?

NLHP: I do have some in mind but i am still planning them out and trying to get them in my mind in order.

GK: Which past Senator is the closest to how you want and expect your own term to go, if elected?

NLHP: It would be Cordova I with his activities and ability to reach out to others to get things down.

GK: In the event of disagreements, how would you balance between building consensus with fellow Senators while also maintaining the strength of the legislation originally proposed?

NLHP: Compromise will be key here as we may not get our ways but being able to compromise and listen to the others in the senate would be the keys.

GK: Thanks, NLHP, good luck tomorrow!

Back