[Poll Results] Europeia Loves Polls!

Except using required questions sparingly could mean a different number of responses for questions.
Have you experienced this? I personally have not experienced a wide difference in response count between poll questions when they are not required responses in any of the polls I've created or analyzed.

Perhaps a 1 response difference here or there, but that's not significant.

Except using required questions sparingly could mean a different number of responses for questions.
Have you experienced this? I personally have not experienced a wide difference in response count between poll questions when they are not required responses in any of the polls I've created or analyzed.

Perhaps a 1 response difference here or there, but that's not significant.
I have not, because I have not used required questions sparingly. All my poll experience is from the EBC, and we generally require all questions but comments, and, if we advertise properly, we get a good number of respondents. Though the information this provides on skipping required questions is interesting, it doesn't appear to show up in the EBC's poll numbers. It could be some PM polls which require comments in the past etc, is what I suspect it could be.

I mean, theoretically these respondents could be talking about EBC polls -- and because the result is that they just won't take the poll, you won't actually know if people are skipping the poll or not.

I'm not advising the EBC to do anything, I'm presenting and interpreting data. What this poll showed on that question is that people, on some polls, have refused to finish the poll due to required responses on specific questions. Whether that refers to private polls, side questions only, or main questions and EBC polls, I don't know. Feel free to do nothing about this information, but the information is still there -- it is possible that EBC polls are being skipped due to requiring responses. The EBC and the Ministry of Comms must decide how to proceed.

Everything I've advised about requiring responses has been "use them sparingly and only when needed" -- if the EBC decides that all questions require responses, then continue on, but understand that there may be poll-takers who are being dissuaded from responding due to that decision. It's a balance, always.

Personally, as a staff member in MinComm, I've seen struggles to get adequate response counts at times. I'm not sure why that is -- it's probably a mix of factors, probably also to do with how polls are announced and pinged to citizens (or not). It's the opening to a discussion, not something I'm saying is a fact or the only factor here.

Back