Notice of Administrative Ban

Wow. This was completely unexpected although, in hindsight, it does add up. I feel deceived and betrayed as I am sure many others do. I considered Brunhilde a friend and he made it seem like that feeling was mutual, presumably for my vote. I will clarify that I voted for Brunhilde for more than friendship. I believed in the platform. I hope that is why everybody else did too.

My condolences go to those Brunhilde targeted with his predatory scheme and I apologize that they had to endure this. This is a horrible situation and it is something that should never ever happen again. The admin team has put an end to this charade and my hat goes off to them. Their vigilance is appreciated.

This will take some time to fully heal and it is unreasonable to expect that we can just go on like nothing happen. However, I think the most important thing we can do is to make sure that we do not less this obstacle stand in our way for long. We need to overcome this hurdle and make sure it never happens again. We cannot let this be cause for stagnation and we must keep moving forward. This is a great region and one person's sick scheme is not enough to bring us down or cause us to degrade.

I have never been more shocked and disturbed in my time in Euro. I'm speechless.

Truly amazing you were able to get all that evidence and prove him/her guilty. Respect to the team that did all of this.

Thank you for protecting both this region and the greater NationStates community from some truly predatory behavior. I am really sorry that you had to deal with this, I can't imagine how betrayed and hurt you must feel.

I never expected this out of Brun... This post is deeply disturbing. Props to Tim for such a valiant act.

Alan Lee said:
HEM said:
First and foremost, the administrative team will no longer permit members to simultaneously exist in our region or Discord with identical IP Addresses over any significant amount of time, for any reason.

Ultimately, it is unrealistic in these circumstances to saddle the administrative team with the burden of proving someone isn’t someone else as they post from the same IP Address. It’s almost impossible, and very resource-intensive. Over the course of history, this rule would have impacted very few players but saved us several giant headaches.
I certainly applaud you guys for the ban, as to making a Europeia due to your effort, but I do have one point.
1. I'd like to point out that some Europeians do use public computer and/or public internet to access NationStates, the Forum and the discord. Me, for example, though I have never used it, am allowed to use internet chatting programs during school time so as long it's not during class, and I do use my mom's office wifi to browse Europeia at times. What if two Europeians are in the same city (as big cities can often get) and decide to use the city/airport/etc. wifi?
To address this question: an occasionally overlap is not necessarily grounds for a ban - especially if players are known to be from the same area. Having the same IP Adresses for extended periods of time, however, will not be tolerated.

I'll second everyone who said they woke up to this.

In all honesty, this is shattering to me. Even after I left Euro I had a deep respect for Brunhilde. Needless to say, this cuts deep.

Of course, props to the Admin team for catching this, and props for the community's handling of this. All I can say now is wow.

I never would have guessed this, but thank you to the admins who've dealt with this stress, and I'm sorry you all had to deal with this at all. :( NS is supposed to be a place to go for fun, to meet people and to make friends, and it's sad that this isn't the first time something like this has happened recently.

Thank you to the admins who work tirelessly to protect our community, and thank you to Tim as well.

Euro may be full of political strife, but it is also filled with love and compassion. That is what makes Europeia a truly special place.

I do have a question for the admins though: What if two siblings play NS as two separate individuals, who live together and offer tangible proof that they are two separate people? I don't know if it would be fair to allow only one individual of that household to play, but I do see the point of one using the others identity. I do see the point, but I also don't know if it is necessarily fair.

Back