NationStates Foreign Affairs

Alright for Fighting

It's an angry world out there. Two in the morning at Jane & Finch (bad neighbourhood in Toronto, I'm sure you can insert your own). Lawless. A realist (Political Science) would tell you "Ha, told you and even in a game". Talk of coups, votes of no-confidence, fights and resignations due to public scandal. I just love the intrigue and how interesting it is... as long as it's not in my region. xP

In this issue: NBE, UK, Hampshire, TNI, Region Inc, TKR and the "World in FA"*

*I keep in touch with regions that are in my FA sphere. So if you'd like me to check out another region, please pm me or comment below. The regions I'll be checking on normally and possibly writing about are the following:

Hampshire
Europeia
Imperial Britain
The New Inquisition
Unknown
The Kodiak Republic
New Britannian Empire
United Kingdom
Grand Central
Land of Kings and Emperors
Alliance of Queens
New Earth
Greater Wetlands
Region Inc
Renaissance

Are you ready?

Talk of Unrest in NBE

This had to be the angriest place that I checked out this week. The TUK-NBE rivalry was replaced with UK-NBE, George and Leo replaced the ruling tandem of Konstanin/Richard and Nivogal along with SBI and Rix are gone or inactive. But despite the stability, the region doesn’t feel right. A few older members feel underappreciated, feel that the region is going backwards and that there is nothing for them to do. It’s a recipe for disaster.

Two of them (one being former Lord High Admiral Hughes De Payens) have resigned their positions and/or retired while others have expressed similar feelings of discontent. The general consensus among them is that the new Emperors leadership is to blame which led to questions about a possible coup. It was quickly dismissed by Hughes. The Emperors husband Leo has expressed his disappointment that this comes while George is away and unable to defend himself. Right now it's died down with the discussion turning to the creation of a new role-play to occupy their time, but is this a long term solution? Or a sign of things to come?

Elections over in UK, Hampshire and TNI (for Reich Elector only)

Here's the breakdown in each:

United Kingdom

Constance said:
Joel Marcus Glenmore has been elected MP for Northern Ireland with 52.4% of the vote.

Henry James Tudor has been elected MP for Scotland with 35% of the vote.

Alex Beckett-O’Connor-Stuart has been elected MP for Wales with 65% of the vote.

Harold Vorn has been elected MP for Southern England with 40% of the vote.

Bill Dearheart has been elected MP for Northern England with 100% of the vote.

James Tudor has been elected Mayor of Edinburgh with 68.4% of the vote.

Mr. Smits has been elected Mayor of London with 52.6% of the vote.

Lexi Hetherington has been elected Assemblyman for West London with 80% of the vote.

Alexandra de Peyser has been elected Assemblyman for South London with 89.5% of the vote.

Patrick William von Guelderlaand has been elected Assemblyman for Northeast London with 81.3% of the vote.

What's interesting about these results is that the two people who wanted to topple Alex Beckett-O’Connor-Stuart as Prime Minister in an effort to run for said position have both failed to be elected. The rules currently do not set term limits: the Prime Minister has to be toppled by a motion of no confidence and is elected by Parliament. That changes for next election, where the Prime Minister will be elected by a popular vote each term.

Hampshire

Senator TC said:
Prime Minister
Pananida

House of Commons
Seanzyland
PJ
Willem Jefferson
Pananida
Lexi Hetherington

So it looks like Pananida will not be spending much time in Europeia and I found Willems back up plan xP

The New Inquisition

Dominius Aurelius has been elected as Reich Elector, beating out the newly returned Frenchman At Heart who upon winning, DA nominated for Vice Reich Elector. Frenchman At Heart was confirmed this evening with a 5-0-0 vote in the Reichstag. There was also a fight going on between Onderkelkia (I can finally spell his name without looking it up) and Olde Delaware, in which OD was dishonourable discharged for failing to respond to orders but claims that he told Onder that he had told him about his real life issues. Things quickly went downhill.

Region Inc Active Again

Region Inc looks pretty active and it's the final week of Chairman Henry Von Hoffmans (aka: Henry) term. This is what it looks like based on his update:

Public Relations (Foreign Affairs), Management (running elections, economy) and Human Resources (recruiting, records and employment) are doing well. On the other hand, security (NS warfare, trials) hasn't been doing as well with the director going inactive. All in all, Region Inc looks like it's turned a corner since I last visited. The government seems to be working and forum activity is up.

Chaos in Kodiak

I was almost done and almost didn't do this but I thought, just one more... and I didn't do Kodiak last time. What I found is by far the most entertaining that can be described best by the discussion on what happened.

Senator Oliver von Guelderlaand said:
... I walk away for a couple days to enjoy a weekend with my GF, and I return to chaos?

Nice job, guys :p

Seriously, though, I'm not 100% sure what has been going on behind closed doors, but what I do know is that we're coming apart at the seams.  We need to pick a chancellor and stick with him.  I am not so sure why Slovenion was such a poor Chancellor that nobody will support him, but I'm sure there are reasons I will never know.  At this time, were I not as busy as I am IRL, I would volunteer to lead the government through the end of the term, but I am as busy as I am. 

I continue to support Slovenion, but I think it is less important who we pick than how we behave once we pick someone.  Slovenion got behind Dhaka (until be began to believe Dhaka was lying to him) because Dhaka was duly elected Chancellor and Slovenion understands service.  What boggles my mind is that that, if not his term before, does not qualify him for a second term.

Despite this, though, someone we can all unite behind is needed.  If not Slovenion, then who?  Danieyella does not have the experience, nor does Dhaka.  Seymour is not someone I can support, and I myself have too much on my plate.  That leaves Oeilvert, who seems about to get it no matter what I say.

Again, why we needed this change is beyond me, but now that it is upon us I believe we are best to embrace it and see what happens.

I'm very concerned for our future.

Eðeltreow said:
Something crazy did happen, but by the time I got on the forum, the thread was gone...  :huh:  I am very suspicious.

Senator OvG said:
It seems as if the Chancellor has been accused of defaming people and then lying about it. I blame the entire thing on not re-electing Slovenion. I'm not entirely sure why he deserved to be backstabbed like that. However, these things happen in parliamentary politics. This is why we enjoyed being such a boring direct-democracy region for so long.

I apparently missed the vote of no confidence, because when I got there we were already positing new candidates. I assume this was because Dhaka posted his resignation as Chancellor. If he was willing to publicly apologize and promise to truly change his ways, I can't see a problem with him being Chancellor.

President Rykkland said:
As stated, members of parliament may change their support at any time. This Vote of confidence is the ground of adjusting support. The motion was brought forward. I was not going to have a vote of No confidence that could end up with us having no chancellor, and then try to sort something out.

Seeing that Dhaka resigned anyway after the fact simply made that an impossibility.
The question right now is, who is the caretaker Chancellor?
There are currently two former chancellors in the body, and I am technically the longest serving member of the Senate.
I would assume that I should temporarily assume the duties of the Chancellor now that there is not one (especially since the duties are constitutionally mine and devolved to the Chancellor).

What does the everyone else think?

World In Foreign Affairs

- The Frenchman coming back to a few regions and revitalizing the FA of LKE
- Region Inc's revitalizing their FA
- Equinox hosting Mardis Gras
- Imperial Britain still hosting their Culture Festival
- Valentine's day Ball still going on in AoQ

With a committed core and extensive foreign relationships, Hampshire has the ingredients to succeed as a small region. but by electing their most prolific recruiter, the citizens have signaled they don't see that as their future.

It bothers me that George is welcome anywhere after what he did to TUK.

Oh, it's a different George. He's also known as Harold Vorn and was the PM of TUK when George took over. He helped a lot ^_^

With just a little more background for the time-strapped morons like me who know nothing about NS Foreign Affairs or other regions, this would become my favourite read of the whole Republic! Awesome read!

Regards,

So you'd like me to explain these regions more? Like a bit of history, how they work and who's who?

Pretty much. A sentence or two, or a link to a public thread in their forums that explains their history. If everyone had an up-to-date Wiki, it'd be awesome, but, alas...

Thank you so much ! :)

Regards,

Pretty much. A sentence or two, or a link to a public thread in their forums that explains their history. If everyone had an up-to-date Wiki, it'd be awesome, but, alas...

Thank you so much ! :)

Regards,
I'll try my best.

Thanks guys ^_^

Back