Most Awesome Election Ever?

Speaking of which... you've been active again for a little while now, Lex. Are you intending to run for president again when this term is over?
Nope, I vow never ever to run again for the Presidency. I'll never have that kind of time to give to the region as I had once :p

And I'm not really active, I just appear once in a while to debate a bit :p

:p Now that makes a little more sense..

And it is interesting seeing you guys discuss the elections I never saw :p

I was fully-here for the latter two and around (I believe) for the first one (though I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to Europeia at that stage).

The Lex-Cord-Klat election was sort of the opposite of the Anumia-Sopo-Ollie election, yet retained some key similarities that were probably the main reasons for the excitement. The former was originally Lexus vs Cord, two long-term heavyweights - Lexus was the long-running President while Cord had built up quite a bit of steam...but then he dropped out, and the (relative) darkhorse (never used that word before :p) candidate of Klatonia stepped up to the plate. What made that election exciting was the vast amount of support Klatonia swept up against the mighty Lexus, and of course the election was widely-followed.

The Anumia-Sopo election was, admittedly by all parties, one-sided at the outset. Consider it: for over a year many Europeians had been calling for me to make a Presidential bid, so it obviously generated a considerable amount of excitement when after months of denying this I finally stood for the position. Sopo was and is a good politician but initial polling confirmed what we basically all knew - at the time, I had it in the bag. Not only have I not lost an significant election since HEM beat me in 2007 (*grumble* :p), but had all the aforementioned prior desires of many to see me run to count on in my campaign.

In the midst of that however, and out of nowhere, came Oliver Grey (and PhDre), a very strong candidate in his own right not to mention a good friend of mine, and suddenly, s**t got interesting, with a huge (though not catastrophic) swing towards Ollie (primarily from my camp, though a fair bit of Sopo's initial polling support died for him too - he picked a reasonable amount back up in the actual preliminary election though). If I might indulge in what will probably seem like self-flattery here, but is still actually analysis: the election was still primarily about me, the whole time. Sopo's focus turned to trying to expose my mortality; Ollie's campaign contained little substance but managed fairly well to make my extensive agenda look rigid and unworkable, and as the election drew closer there was the question a lot of people wanted to know - could Anumia, clearly fighting full-force, be beaten?

The first round saw huge results as it was - I had a slight lead but not enough to win outright, and when Sopo conceded he tried to pull his lot in with Ollie, so the run-offs were guaranteed to be tight - and look at the results. Ollie had to win it here; I had the Senate, but he had Sopo's support for help in the polls. If he could combine all of Sopo's voters with his, he would have won. The most-voted-in election in Europeian history, and I only won by a single vote. Percentage-wise, there were no closer polls that weren't tied, and it was a nail-biter right to the end - an end that had been extended by the need for run-offs in the first place. Speaking personally for a moment here, I'd say the whole Presidential campaign and term, with the elections being one of the main focal points, counts as a defining moment in my NS life - and 23 people dared to dream that I could be slain :p

Et tu, Sopo? :p
There was a running joke with a few of us in that election, I was calling Sopo "Lepidus" or "Crassus," because each Roman Triumvirate had a Caesar (Julius or Octavius, played by Anumia), an important non-Caesar (Pompey or Antony, played by me), and... the other guy. I meant it with love, :lol:.

There was a running joke with a few of us in that election, I was calling Sopo "Lepidus" or "Crassus," because each Roman Triumvirate had a Caesar (Julius or Octavius, played by Anumia), an important non-Caesar (Pompey or Antony, played by me), and... the other guy. I meant it with love, :lol:.
*grins* After I die, I am purposely setting up a Triumvirate to rule the House of Anumia, not least because it will be awesome to f**k with the NS-world in death :p

*grins* After I die, I am purposely setting up a Triumvirate to rule the House of Anumia, not least because it will be awesome to f**k with the NS-world in death :p
I want Augustus! :p:

I want Augustus! :p:
Well, you'll be the son of my primary heir, so...have at it? :p

Back