HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
Hey All —

A longstanding problem in Europeia is how absolutely overwhelming our forum's front page is. The administrative team has been putting together some proposals to slim it down, and now we want your input.

Please take this survey here

It is important to know everyone's opinion before we present our proposal before everyone. We have more than 10 frontpage forums than any comparable regions. Our goal is to reduce the number of mainpage forums by at least 5.

We are eager for your input here.

Second protip: this admin doesn't recall having any input on these surveys :p

I really find this desire to remove subforums from the front page just to shrink the front page to be illogical. There is nothing wrong with the size of our front page. That being said I never really understood why we had the Senate hall subforum which could easily be merged with the RS and I really don't understand why we've kept an to subforum when the region doesn't tend to rp.

What we could maybe do:
- Move Wellbeing, Cultural and Roleplay under Culture
- Move the EBC under Comms
- Move the ERN HQ under FA

Just some idea I'm throwing out there.

FTR, I highly disagree with the movement of ERN HQ under FA. It's highly illogical and makes little sense considering the fact they are two separate departments. I feel a move worth considering is moving the Diplomat Office under the Office of Citizenship, possibly re-naming it to represent such a change. Also, moving the Roleplay Hub also under the Cultural Hub makes sense if we really need to condense.

I don't see a problem with the size of the page, but moving the RP Central and Wellbeing Hub to under the Cultural Hub is something I could support.

The size of the main-page has been a regular complaint we've received from newcomers, and realistically our main-page is fucking massive even after taking out the forums that can't be seen by everyone.

Writinglegend said:
FTR, I highly disagree with the movement of ERN HQ under FA. It's highly illogical and makes little sense considering the fact they are two separate departments. I feel a move worth considering is moving the Diplomat Office under the Office of Citizenship, possibly re-naming it to represent such a change. Also, moving the Roleplay Hub also under the Cultural Hub makes sense if we really need to condense.
Why would we move ERN HQ to FA?? Did the survey say that? If so that was my bad.

My thinking was that we've move ERN HQ to its logical location, under the Octagon.

Lethen said:
Second protip: this admin doesn't recall having any input on these surveys :p
You made two posts in the thread where we discussed it, the first was you giving input, and the second one was you urging me to do something already. :p

Well, urging the entire admin team. Should we, at some point, release our comments/proposals/discussion points in that thread?

Heres what Id do (new names are obviously just suggestions):
  • Join "Office of Citizenship" and "Office of Diplomats and Foreign Relations" as "Office of Membership Application"
  • Join "Office of Naval Recruitment" and "Civil Service Officium" as "Office of the Employment Service"
  • Make "21 Tomlinson Street" a subforum of "34 Goldenblock Avenue"
  • Make "Europeian Naval Headquaters" a subforum of "Octagon"
  • Join "The Republic Square" and "Debate Hall"
  • Make the "Europeian Broadcasting Corporation" a subforum of the "LethoMonarchy Media Center"
  • Join "Spam Zone" and "Roleplay Central" as "Gaming Station"

Im sure theres a couple of more things that could be combined and still make sense and be just as easy or maybe even easier to locate but I cant think of them right now.

HEM said:
Writinglegend said:
Why would we move ERN HQ to FA?? Did the survey say that? If so that was my bad.

My thinking was that we've move ERN HQ to its logical location, under the Octagon.
I was responding to Kaboom's suggestion above.

Drecq said:
  • Join "Office of Citizenship" and "Office of Diplomats and Foreign Relations" as "Office of Membership Application"
  • Join "Office of Naval Recruitment" and "Civil Service Officium" as "Office of the Employment Service"
  • Make the "Europeian Broadcasting Corporation" a subforum of the "LethoMonarchy Media Center"

Im sure theres a couple of more things that could be combined and still make sense and be just as easy or maybe even easier to locate but I cant think of them right now.
I don't believe putting the EBC under the Letho Center would be wise. The Letho Center is geared toward Independent media. You would be mixing the two and making the EBC seem less important.

Marnip said:
Drecq said:

I don't believe putting the EBC under the Letho Center would be wise. The Letho Center is geared toward Independent media. You would be mixing the two and making the EBC seem less important.
I remember when it was founded arguing that the EBC was not more important :p

Still having the debate five years later. :ph43r: :ph43r:

Important wasn't the right word. I sounded like a prick. I mean the EBC becomes hidden in the several sub forums of independent media.

Writinglegend said:
HEM said:
Writinglegend said:

I was responding to Kaboom's suggestion above.
Sorry - by "ERN HQ" I thought you meant the Octagon! :p

I think discussing whether we need both the Octagon and the ERN HQ on the front page is a good discussion. Large chunks of thee Octagon just aren't used. E.g., the mess hall hasn't been posted in since January 2015, and that isn't the least used one.

Back