FLIGHT of the Britains

It all started when the PM of TUK decided to go investigate the status of the culture treaty they had here. What I found was an escape from TUK, from all the pressure and Nivogal and I really enjoyed that. PASD joined me but never really felt like he was a part of Europeia. But now, with Willem and Luna here: the TUKers have arrived. Who are we?

What does it mean to be a TUKer?

Knowing that our past was bad

Any TUKer would laugh at the notion that Europeia a bad history. We knew we had the worst, bar none. Even our hero's had a dark past. SRE rigged the elections with admin. Ebren framed an annoying noob to get him banned. Those were our knights in shining armor. We had Chase, who got everything in the book by rigging the judicial system, being a fraud and banning his opposition (including IR, who would come back to save the day). Then there was Lord Falklaand who was like a mini-chase and who turned out to be the founder in disguise. Oh yes, him. Our own founder was really bad. Power hungry, he would lie and steal to get what he wanted and always tried to swindle people (The Kaiserin for example) and regions. We had Sephion who was part of the AC (or something like that, he was a liar). We had Czech who tried to destroy the region. We had nasty nasty politics (that drove out Sir King when he was accused of treason so that he couldn't run). Oh and we had Nivogal and SBI (who also destroyed part of the region and created duplicate accounts) as the cherries on top. It was all out in the open. I think that's it....

In some perverse way, I think we were proud of it. We had a bit of a Pittsburgh vibe going on. Here we were, the baddest of the bad and look at were we were. We were tough, look at what we had accomplished with all of that. The TUK of 2010 was a new TUK with a new generation; it wasn't the same dark TUK. Nothing could hold us back (we thought).

It's that generation that's arriving now.

Respecting Sir Reg Empey and Imperialist Royalists

Even if you tangled with either, you couldn't not respect them. It was impossible. The leadership both provided always felt so right and there ego's were practically non-existent. Always quick to point out their flaws and always awkward with praise they were amazing and my inspiration (I'm working on it). Sir Reg Empey was the greatest elected leader and my favourite in all of NS, he was the PM for countless terms and really if TUK was anyone’s vision it was his. Imperialist Royalists is the smartest person I've ever met on NS bar none and he always had the greatest advice and could think through problems without ever trying. What made them both super special, is that they always were approachable. They were very fatherly.

Being Passionate

Were we ever. It's what made party politics so explosive and made the Sentencing Riots go out of control. If it wasn't for the stabilizing forces in the region, we would have spun out of control. It's what made the fall of TUK that much harder. We didn't die quietly; we fought tooth and nail and had to get revenge on George. He just couldn't create a TUK in his own image. I still remember how we cheered when we beat him and how other regions were ... wtf?

Remembering the Loss

The destruction of our region is always in the back of our minds. I don't think it matters how long ago or what your role was when George took over. I'll always remember Imperialist Royalists (neither an Imperialist or a Royalist) telling me earlier in the year that he didn't think that TUKers would stand up to George and he was disappointed by it. There were always rumours that he didn't like what was happening in the region with increasingly democratic reforms, Nivogal, a falling population and the fact that he was slowly being forgotten.

For me, I always think about how sad it is that many of the old guard and some of the most extrodinory TUKers just played for TUK. When NS lost TUK, it lost them. We'll never forget TUK.

So that's us, looking for a home and knowing Willem, Luna, PASD and myself don't be surprised if a few more of us showed up :p

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled NS players yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your destroyed regions.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to Europeia,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Back