Every Disadvantage...

Has an Advantage

While it is very unfortunate that the Senate is going through a difficult time, it is too easy to focus on the negatives instead of the positives. An inactive Senate isn't the end of the world, as a region we have tremendous potential and things can quickly change for the better. It's important to not focus on an "inactive" senate and instead, look at what's happened and what we can do.

Oliver's resignation from the Senate was a catalyst for activity in the City Council. Without his move, it's doubtful that HEM or Lethen would have joined and the conversation Oliver started sparked a fire in the City Council. The benefits of a stable, active and vibrant council are huge for the region. If Council can embrace it's role as a teacher, offer something substantial to new members and become a source of great new idea's, a temperarily inactive Senate is a small price to pay. It's never been a question that the Senate will become active again, the real question was in the how?

So far Asperta has been given a chance to show his ability as Speaker (he is doing amazingly) and has also galvanized Free Politie. It's also galvanized Anumia and PhDre into running for the Senate seat. There's a real sense of excitement and just like the City Council has to balance legislative and pre-legislative elements, Europeia has to balance between (to put it generally) the new and the old. It's more complex than that, but the question Europeia faces is "Can Europeia balance it's newer members with it's old?". How?

The City Council can help provide room for both. It's important for Council to have a vote in the Senate, to get a little bit of prestige which will further encourage newer members to get involved. Reading Wawa's resignation and then hearing this on CBC Radio: A Canadian was diagnosed with terminal cancer and they asked him what he was doing. He said "Enjoying every Sandwich". It made me think about why we are in Europeia, it's a game. We should try to enjoy every moment of it and hopefully, at the end of the day leave it better than we found it.

Last point. I don't think there is rampant apathy in Europeia. People care, look at what's happening in the Senate now. Those members still there are taking it upon themselves to do better. Look at Anumia and PhDre, coming out of "retirement" to help the Senate. Look at recruiting! I have begged on my hands and knee's to get people to recruit. Europeia? Gosh. We are so lucky. We have so many willing recruiters who go above and beyond the call of duty. I have seen first hand the amazing drive in members in Council and in Welfare. People really care and are driven to make a difference. The potential is limitless.

Enjoy your time here ^_^

A bit rambly dear but very nice nonetheless. It would seem you've finally accepted what I was yelling at you about (well, one of the many things) a few months ago. :p :)

When I heard that PhDre, Abbey, and Anumia were running for the Senate, my first comment to HEM was, "Oh, with you and I in the CC, there will be some beautiful collaborations."

And I think there will be.

When I heard that PhDre, Abbey, and Anumia were running for the Senate, my first comment to HEM was, "Oh, with you and I in the CC, there will be some beautiful collaborations."

And I think there will be.
HEM ft Lethen - A Beautiful Collaboration

Back