Death of the Republic

Deliberately misleading name? You betcha. This is about a bigger (but mainly puppet) Republic than Europeia, the Galactic Republic. Currently it has 1,126 nations but the founder has left to found a new region known as Union of Allied Planets. The first question you have to ask is just how many "real" people there are in the region. I'll admit, that at one point I wondered if it was one person :p

WA Count: 42. Which is low for a region of that size, but not as low as one would think. So there are some real people here or there are WA violations.

What happened? There was a struggle for the delegacy which resulted in the founder Corusant Sphere ejecting nations from the region. There was also in fighting and the word "dying region" was thrown around. The low capacity for arguments point to two things:

1. It's a small region in terms of members running it.
2. It's members are younger and new to the game.

It looks like the giant puppet region that overtook us in population a month back is no more.

So this is how democracy dies...to a standing ovation.

Rather anticlimactic, isn't it? Best not to mis-quote that bit, then.
You know whats sad? I sometimes read speeches and conversations and debates in Europeia and consider stealing bits and pieces for dialogue for my...story. Which I've yet to start since I hate every first chapter.

That story sounds like a real page-turner. :unsure:

Seriously, you should have a basic plot framed in your mind, so who says you have to start at the beginning? Even my "Skizz" columns are often written out of order -- writing disjointed paragraphs here and there, deleting the ones that don't fit, and shuffling and shaping the others until something vaguely resembling a cohesive essay emerges.

If you spend more than half an hour on the process, you might even produce something more worthwhile than the rubbish I churn out. ;)

Seriously, you should have a basic plot framed in your mind, so who says you have to start at the beginning? Even my "Skizz" columns are often written out of order -- writing disjointed paragraphs here and there, deleting the ones that don't fit, and shuffling and shaping the others until something vaguely resembling a cohesive essay emerges.

If you spend more than half an hour on the process, you might even produce something more worthwhile than the rubbish I churn out. ;)
And that's saying a lot. j/k lol I love your stuff, Skizz. :p

To be fair to Lethen, I should really finish Atonement first, since his is set in the same universe and the timeline partially coincides.

I have most of the story planned out. I just am my own worst critic and hate most beginnings I choose. :p

If you spend more than half an hour on the process, you might even produce something more worthwhile than the rubbish I churn out.  ;)
To be fair to Lethen, I should really finish Atonement first, since his is set in the same universe and the timeline partially coincides.
First of all, most of my story isn't wrapped up with yours...second of all, I want to write this story before I die. :p

Back