Better Searchable Subforums

Rach

Banned
Not sure if this is an issue for more people or just me, but when I'm looking for specific forums on the main page I tend to do a search for its name. However if I get it slightly wrong or use an acronym when there is not one, I won't find it.

A good example of this is the "North East Somerset External Affairs Advisory Chamber", if I search the page for EAAC it does not register with this forum. Although it does register with the "EAAC Archives". This naming is also inconsistent. My suggestion would be for the abbreviations to be in the tile after the name.

So "North East Somerset External Advisory Chamber [EAAC]" that way if I search the page for EAAC I would find it. There are a few of them like that. Of course, I'm not sure if anyone even searches for forums that way or if it's even an issue for other people. So feel free to ignore this unless it resonates.

You...you have to use a search bar for that? Our main page isn't that large. Just scroll down and click a few times :emb:

We can certainly look into this, but personally I wouldn't want to change the full name of the EAAC to a partial abbreviation. I feel like that doesn't fit with convention for the rest of our forums/subforums (except anywhere that says "HQ" :p ), and it looks less professional.

Back