An Interview with Maowi

An Interview with Maowi
On NationStates, Europeia, and Hot Dogs

Conducted by Westinor

Legends speak of a ring-eyed, loopy-armed mammal who hangs from a tree on top of a disk on top of four elephants on top of a turtle shell, who holds all of the secrets of the universe within its overly humble brain. On November 10th, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation [EBC] sent one brave reporter to seek out the mythical Maowi because I need to piggyback off of Maowi's brilliance. Europeians may recognize Maowi for their exuberant personality and near-omnipresent positivity, as well as over four years of service to the Europeian community via too many Ministries to count, a Vice Chancellorship, a Grand Admiralship, and even a Vice Presidential run! Our interviewer journeyed to distant lands to sit with Maowi on a bench on top of a bridge on top of a river (on top of a tree on top of a disc on top of four elephants on top of a turtle shell on top of a turtle) to glean even a little bit of their wonderfulness across their time on Nationstates.

Maowi’s incredible work ethic, energy, and passion are matched only by their positivity, cogitation, and infectious personality. In this interview, Maowi recounts their beginnings on Nationstates, their arrival and journeys in Europeia, and introspects on the great many experiences and relationships they’ve made in their years. Without further ado, the EBC presents… An Interview with Maowi, on NationStates, Europeia, and Hot Dogs (and Coffee)!

Editor’s Note: The interview is a partial transcription of a thirty-five minute conversation in a very noisy environment, so some portions have been cut out for clarity, brevity, and concision. The interview was also regularly interrupted with random fits of laughter and bouts of snickering that have been mostly edited out.

Only one EBC Interviewer succumbed to Maowi’s excellence as well as frostbite after this interview

*bus noises*

West: Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions today Maowi! Now, many of the EBC’s readers may know you as Europeian Minister (extraordinaire), former Grand Admiral and also candidate for Vice president and all-around wonderful person. But, to start off this interview, can you tell us about the Maowi of a few years ago and how you began your Nationstates life?

Maowi: so, I began my NationStates life by randomly searching up create a nation thingy on the internet, and then I made a nation which wasn’t actually maowi, it was something which I’ve forgotten the name of, and all I did was answer issues for a while, and I thought they were cool but then I kind of forgot about it a bit. Oh I also remember that I moved to the region Nationstates, because it was Nationstates

West: Right, of course, and you have to be there if you’re going to be in Nationstates

Maowi: Exactly, and then a while later I was like “oh I remember taht one random website” and then I made a new nation and it was Maowi and I moved around a bit clicked some buttons in the recruitment telegrams and then I was like wait, I don’t like these places let me go back to where I came from, which I believe was the South Pacific, but I ended up in South Pacific, because I was too much of a noob to recognize the difference between a hundred nation founderless UCR and a massive GCR.

West: This is a common story I’ve heard for the South Pacific - er, South Pacific, and why it has become such a flourishing UCR despite being a founderless region, but then can I ask what it was that you did in South Pacific?

Maowi: What I did was vibe on the RMB for a bit, then at some point I joined the Discord, which I had never had a Discord account before and I was, I reiterate, once again – very nooby – so my discord handle was literally the Free Land of Maowi and it had a picture of my flag. So at the same time the first NS community I also really got involved in was the General Assembly, so I started basically trying to write a resolution which became my first resolution i'm shocked that it passed to be honest still to this day but in South Pacific at the same time at one point I became their Minister of World Assembly Affairs, and basically chatted tons about General Assembly Resolutions on the Discord and told the Delegate how to vote which was kind of fun

West: That is actually kind of interesting, I never knew you got that involved (in South Pacific)! So,you are somewhat unique among most Europeians in that you have written several General Assembly resolutions, and are quite good at it

Maowi: Not anymore, I’m very out of practice.

West: Well, I guess that’s a question! Would you ever go back, do you think?

Maowi: Um, so I’ve occasionally tried but I’ve never like done a full commitment of re-immersion in the GA community. And I kind of sometimes want to, but then I never have the willpower to go through with it. So I hope at some point I will! But I also think it took quite a lot of lack of self-awareness to be able to, like, not cry in the General assembly. I think the not crying is more (a challenge) because I am more aware of my lack of knowledge rather than people being mean – although that can also sometimes happen. So I think I just need to get over myself if I want to go and get back involved in there, but I think it would be fun to try out some more GA Resolution writing at some point, we’ll see.

West: I find it odd that you’re the one scared about lack of knowledge, but okay! What exactly inspired you in the first place to get into the General Assembly?

Maowi: Well, I kind of was like reading all the threads and things and was like “this seems cool” they’re debating things, and the thing I enjoyed most about the General Assembly was having to construct legislation in a way that was loophole-proof and thinking of all the turns of phrase and structuring it well, so that kind of scratched an itch in the logical part of your brain. So that’s what I was excited about in the first place.

West: That’s fair! Well I’m glad that you found the General Assembly otherwise we wouldn’t still have you here, but can I ask then how you made your way from South Pacific to Europeia?

Maowi: Yeah! So, after a bit of just hanging out there, I’d always been a bit curious about the bigger, more active regions, with more of a political structure and things like that. I had been looking around a bit, and to be honest, I was just looking at the biggest regions by size, which you can’t probably do anymore because there’s so many puppet storage regions, but at the time it was feasible. And at first I was like “this region has a weird flag I won’t go there” but after a bit I was like “oh wait, that doesn’t tell me anything about the region, I should actually check it out!” so I just checked it out and got citizenship and gradually got more and more involved there because it was really exciting.

West: I feel like some people are going to be insulted by the fact that you thought that of Europeia’s flag!

Maowi: I think so, I really love the flag now, I think it’s great!

West: Are you sure? You’re not just lying through your teeth to convince people not to hate you now?

Maowi: No I’m not! I have a lot of fondness for this flag, partly due to the story!

West: If you say so! Well, can I ask where you first got involved in Europeia, then?

Maowi: Well, so I think I initially joined the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs because that’s what I knew. At the time I remember Prim was the Minister, and UPC was the Deputy Minister. And so it was fun just writing IFVs, and this was during the executive split, and so Prim became Chief of State with UPC as his second in command, which I thought was very wholesome. That was nice! I also applied to join the Ministry of Interior – at the time, because this was when Pichto was first Minister, so it was split into the Ministry of Recruitment and the Minister of Integration – oh! It’s all starting to come back to me, sorry if I’m rambling, so I joined the Ministry of Recruitment, and the infamous Whitmark was in charge then, and then the Ministry of Integration was being led by Siph aka Astrellan and he just kind of popped into my DMs and was like “do you want to join the Ministry of Integration?” and I was like “sure! I don’t know anything about Europeia but I’ll help you update the Newcomer’s Handbook anyway!” and so we were just updating vast swathes of text which was kind of fun. And Dax was around and leading the MInistry of Culture, and that was so fun! And then I got involved in the Ministry of Communications, which was also an amazing vibe – Hez was the Minister, Siph was a deputy minister there and they had kind of been running the show because in the previous term there had been an issue with having an absentee Minister of Communications and so they were just doing amazing work just having an amazingly fun time and by the time I had joined it was already kind of back in it’s rhythm and that was awesome and hez was so encouraging and hyping me up all the time and also I was new to it so I was kind of like “wow! I get to write a weekly update!” I was so excited! And then I became Deputy Minister, and then my first Ministership was Communications. That was a very long-winded answer.

West: No, that was very very good! See, this is the kind of answer I can’t give.

Maowi: What?

West: What!

Maowi: Have you read this? (points to the EBC interview West is stealing questions off of)

West: These are like rants. Okay! Anyways, so – eventually, you made your way as I understand it to the top of the Executive. Can you tell me a little about that?

Maowi: So, after my term as Minister of Communications, which ended with a couple of weeks as the Minister of Recruitment because of issues with the Ministry there, I took a term where I was not in a Cabinet job or anything, if I’m remembering this correctly, but was still vibing around the region. Then the First Minister Election came up, Sopo was like “do you wanna run?” I was like, “sure, let’s do this!” And originally he was running as the First Minister candidate and I was running as the Second Minister Candidate. And if I remember correctly the opponents in that race were Nate aka Xecrio and I think it was Ervald as his Second Minister candidate (Edit: Xecrio's running mate was Grav), and then Cuddles as the other First Minister candidate, with I think it might have been Bowzin, (Edit: Cuddles' running mate was Cookies) but I might be misremembering that. That might be completely wrong. There was all the usual debate stuff, blahdeeblah, but then people in the polls were saying they wanted to see fresh faces taking leadership, that’s the whole point of the executive split! So then me and Sopo decided, let’s just flip the ticket! And so that’s what we did, the election came around, and we managed to win, which was super exciting! And then the term started, and it did not go really well because I was really stressed by it and just did not have a fun time of it because I dunno, I am a stressful person sometimes, and I don't think I was really ready for it. I wasn’t really mature in general, life! I also don’t think I was good at communicating very well so I probably didn’t talk to Sopo as much as I should have and I feel bad about that and I just resigned. At one point I was like “I’m being rubbish”. So I resigned and I was stressed about it and I was like, I’m so ashamed of resigning and I just deleted my Discord account and disappeared. I felt so bad, and Sopo took over as First Minister, but then I think he decided to pass the baton to Dax, who he’d appointed as his Second Minister, because he wanted to maintain that spirit of having fresh faces in leadership, which I think was very admirable. And he did get criticized a bit down the line, got a bit of flak for being like “the Resignation King” because something happened where he resigned from the Senate to run for Chief of State or something. Oh wait, that was with me as well! Oh my god I remember this now. He resigned from Senate to run before the election was over. I was the Vice Chief of State candidate, but it was Malashaan with Dax as their Vice Chief of State candidate who won the election. And also I’d come back at this point. And he got a lot of flak for resigning which I felt really bad about because he was obviously doing it with really good intentions but yeah! Sorry anyways that was a bit of a tangent.

West: No! That was completely fair, because I feel like it leads into my next question of how did you come back/feel about coming back?

Maowi: Yeah! So I think I told you this, but I came back on April Fools because I was like, NS, what are they doing for April Fools, and I was like, I miss NS! And it was pandemonium because Dax had pulled an April Fools prank on the region, which they hadn’t informed their very anxious Minister of Culture Olde Delaware about, so OD was completely panicking like “is this real?” and the April Fools prank was that there had been a secret cabal of Calvin and HEM..? And also Sopo maybe? Who had a plot ot take control of the region and basically coup it and put it back under HEM’s autocratic control and Dax was looped into this and revealed these fake logs on April Fools Day and everyone was panicking. Some people were like “obviously this is an April Fools prank” but some people were panicking, especially because of OD not having been told, and I remember because I had joined the server that day. Sopo was admin and he let me back on, because I had scrambled my password so I had to make a new Discord Account with a new Email, blahdeeblah and he was like “oh, by the way, if you enter into full panic, it’s just an April Fools Prank but don’t tell anyone”, it was so funny! And people were also like “is this Maowi returner an April Fools prank” which, it wasn’t, but I understand how the timing might’ve (led them to believe that). I gradually got very involved with stuff, and I’m very glad I came back, because I’ve had a lot of fun!

West: Speaking for myself I’m very glad you came back too, and I’m sure that everyone else-

Maowi: I knew you were going to say that!

West: Huh?

Maowi: I knew you were going to say something nice like that!

West: Okay, you know what? I’d have been glad you DIDN’T come back, okay? I wish you’d stayed away!

Maowi: Okay, I accept this

West: No! You can’t do that! Okay, to build off a pattern I’m seeing here. Sopo resigned twice, as you’d mentioned, to run for other things and I wonder if there was some sort of mentor-mentee relation there and what role he’s played in getting you to be in Europeia?

Maowi: Yeah, so Sopo’s always been very encouraging to me, which I appreciate him so much for! I don’t think it’s just because I like sloths too, although he’s an anteater now so that’s made me kind of sad. Anyway, he just has that approach to everyone. He’s just so generous – well, now that he’s retired less so (joking!) – he’s so generous with his time and always willing to raise future leadership and always pushing for that. I remember during election time, he would always have this “Campaign Assistance Service” – he had a Grand Hall thread where he was like, “candidates, especially if you’re newer, please DM me, I’ll help you with your platform, I’ll help you run Getting Out the Vote efforts” so that’s just like. Who Sopo is, really.

West: I think that Europeia in general just has this really vibrant and diverse environment that is really welcoming to newcomers, and especially is really good at integrating them into the political space. And I’m just curious if that in particular played any role in keeping you in Europeia, and what you think of Europeia as a region in general?

Maowi: That’s very true! We have, especially through the Executive where I first got involved in – I’ve never really done that much legislative stuff – but in the Executive there can be a really nice atmosphere in the ministries, when someone does amazing work and everyone’s hyping them up! It’s just really nice, and things like – hopefully we’ll see Citizen Spotlights, things like that, this term. In general, the structure – I know there were discussions of like the structure of Ministries and Deputies to help raise newcomers, which is interesting, I think, and either way I think that the Deputy system as well can be used really effectively– because I remember when I was made Deputy Minister of Communications, this felt like such a huge thing! I was like, “oh my god! I have a title? I have responsibilities, I get to do stuff!” So I think it’s important to keep in mind and appreciate that these things can mean a lot to newcomers, and I think there are a lot of nice opportunities for that in Euro. The end of term awards and speeches, giving people shoutouts - I just love that whole atmosphere, so I think that that’s a real plus to Euro. You can make your way up just by working really hard – obviously, sometimes the circumstances don’t come together despite that – but there’s potential there for doing fun work and getting it recognized!

West: That’s very fair. Of course to you, now that you’re a very tenured and experienced Minister, the roles don’t matter all that much anymore, right?

Maowi: That’s true, yes, it’s lost some of its shine! Which is sad, I wish I could recapture that noobish enthusiasm for the small things!

West: That is very fair. Well, since the past year or so you’ve been on a tear in Europeia again, you’ve also done more MInistry positions and you’ve gone to run for Vice President – *west breaks to check the no longer quivering hands* sorry, I’m no longer cold on the outside but I’m cold on the inside. And so it’s like, I don’t know what that is.

Maowi: We can probably pause this and try to find somewhere indoors.

West: Well, this is a vibe as well. Are you cold?

Maowi: I’m alright.

West: Then I’m alright as well. *Maowi complaints in the background* So, in general, what has it been like getting more involved – also, I don’t know if I’ve missed a gap here?

Maowi: Well, there was a while where I was very on and off, mostly inactive, I guess part of that was when I was Vice Chancellor so I was kind of just active for the speeches, and then I was like “cool, bye”. But towards the end of that I got more active.

West: You make great speeches

Maowi: Thank you, that’s very nice of you, I don’t feel like they were, but, yeah! I was quite happy with this latest run because I was Minister of *something* for three terms in a row which I had never come close to so I guess my stamina has improved, but yeah! First I was Minister of World Assembly Affairs. I enjoyed it a lot, obviously, but it was a bit of a time that the Ministry was struggling to find newcomers and know who to elevate, so I put a big focus on that for my term. I managed to get a new Minister in for next term, we had Paleland who did wonderful work, and I was super happy to have a really enthusiastic Deputy there, I appointed him Mid-term. In my Opening I said, “by my midterm I’m going to appoint a Deputy, someone whose never held a Cabinet role before”, and so I was very lucky that he got involved and was super enthusiastic and was very good at writing IFVs, and organizing stuff. That was fun in general as well! Then, I was Minister of Outreach under President Rand, when it got renamed and everyone hated it but I felt so lucky to have that role at that time, because that was when UPC about two weeks into that term finished his recruitment bot. And we were like “wow, this is crazy!” We unleashed the recruitment bot into Discord, and then suddenly PhDre especially and Seva, who continues to be a prolific recruiter – it was just like, you can not recruit because the nations were never free because PhDre and Seva were always recruiting! But we ran a really fun incentive – the first one was with islands on a map, and we had to explore all the islands. And the islands were supposed to be the Europeian Archipelago, and people were doing too well and so I had to introduce the Loch Ness monster! And people had to defeat the Loch Ness monster, and Sopo killed the Loch Ness monster successfully *sad west noises* and I also introduced a random set of orc villages, or something! Because again they were going too fast!

West: The bot was too strong, oh my gosh

Maowi: Exactly! That was fun. And in the second half of term we ran Outreach bingo, which was a bingo card with the most horrific color scheme you could imagine, it was great. After that, Rand was going to run for President and he asked me to be on the ticket with him! And I was so glad to be able to work alongside him – so immediately I said yes, because it’s Rand. And I would be vaguely free enough for the role. That was so much fun, making the platform, not… sleeping, very much… but it was a lot of fun! Obviously, we had extremely formidable opponents in Pland and Fori, even though Rand had sky-high approval ratings. We lost re-election unfortunately, and I felt quite sad about that for Rand, because he was saying how he viewed reelection as redemption for him after his First Minister term. But I’m glad that Rand is being recognized now anyway, with his ovation that was lovely! But then Pland and Fori gave me the role of Grand Admiral, which I was very grateful for, also because in the leadup Fori had served as Grand Admiral himself, and was doing a lot of getting me trained, and promoting me a lot! And hyping me up, which was so very nice of him, and he also supported me a lot as Vice President during the Grand Admiral term, which I had a lot of fun in! Also you helped me out so much in that term

West: I don’t recall helping you out very much in that term, what did I do? It was great working with you though! I feel like we did good things in that period of time

Maowi: We had a joint thingamajiggy, training

West: Oh! Yes yes, yesyesyesyes

Maowi: And you basically explained to me how to trigger, kind of – timed triggers, at least. That was a lot of fun!

West: I remember that!

Maowi: And, yeah! Greatly enjoyable term, hooray. Also shoutout to Vor for all his help as well during that term, he’d been incredible and I’m so glad that he’s doing amazing things in the role right now.

West: I’m going to delete the part about Vor because I don’t want him to hear it. But you haven’t since taken on any new positions, so, do you have any more plans upcoming for your time in Europeia? Or would you like to just, sit back, and be a little bit chill after such a great run?

Maowi: Well, I would gladly have taken more roles if I wasn’t busy with work, stuff. Studying.

West: Studying is lame though. We’ve talked about this already!

Maowi: This is true. I need to get past this, don’t I? I would definitely like to keep getting involved in some capacity somehow, but I don’t really know when that will be.

West: That’s fair! Absolutely! If you were offered a position in this point in time, would you take it?

Maowi: No, because. Studying. I’m lame, sorry

West: Don’t worry, I’m lame too. That’s completely fair. Well, as you’ve talked about before, Europeia is a great place for newcomers, and people that are rising up, so I’m curious if you have any advice for people who just are new to Europeia! Or new to government. Or maybe just a new Minister of Communications that doesn’t know what they might be doing!

Maowi: Excuse me, you are the most experienced, not necessarily in Euro, but in general life! And writing! And Nationstates, you’re just a powerhouse so don’t say that about yourself, but anyways, to answer your question – my advice. It’s probably really cheesy, but just like, if you see something you vaguely like the sound of, just try it out! Because as much as we try and convey what goes on in Newcomer Handbooks, it’s never gonna paint the full picture, and you’re never gonna know what the vibe will be until you try it out. And, yeah! People really really value an enthusiastic, fresh new face, and they will be so happy if you volunteer for stuff, don’t be afraid to DM people, you should definitely not be self-conscious about that like I was! People won’t think it’s weird, it’s perfectly normal. Be yourself in the most full-on way you can, and you’ll create your own space for yourself in Europeia and everyone will love you so much.

West: I’m tearing up, that touched my heart very much

Maowi: I’m glad!

West: I feel like this interview is running a little bit long (Note: twenty-five minutes at this point), so I’m sorry for keeping you here

Maowi: No, don’t apologize!

West: But I want to get into the last bit of questions that I have, in my head, that I can’t particularly remember. I wanted to ask in general how you feel NS has affected you as a person?

Maowi: Um, a lot! As I said, I was not very mature around the time of starting NS, or a lot of my first few months in NS. Especially the communities I was involved with – South Pacific was so wholesome, Europeia was just so vibrant and also so happy all the time, and also arguing a lot but that’s fine. But I think that definitely changed my personality a bit, especially because I’m much less shy on Discord than in real life, and so I could just type away and have fun with people and then take a bit of that into my real life, I guess! Because I guess that messaging online is good practice for expressing yourself, and so if you’ve at least got something typed out before, then at least there’s some vague precedent for it in your head, and then at least there’s some precedent for it in real life! So yeah I think it’s definitely helped me become a slightly more confident person and helped me explore interests in things, which has also been good.

West: That’s fair, do you feel like you are now better at expressing yourself in real life?

Maowi: Despite, well, what this whole interview has been, yes!

West: What do you mean this whole thing, this has been great! Oh my gosh

Maowi: Well, that’s very nice of you to say!

West: Well, I’m just telling the truth because I always tell the truth.

Maowi: Always.

West: Always. Um, well, one last thing – we’re going to do the lightning round thing that you did as well *concerned maowi sounds* I’m going to throw a bunch of questions at you

Maowi: Are they going to be the same questions?

West: Um, some of them will be, I had good questions!

Maowi: Have you forgotten them?

West: I’ve forgotten them because they were all written in the notebook. I’m not very good at memory, as you may have noticed, hold on – I’ve written other ones down in notes before I started writing them down in the actual notebook. *whips out Notes App* Okay, let’s see. Oh, these aren’t great actually. Okay, we’ll start with yours actually! Are you ready?

Maowi: No! I’ve forgotten what I asked you, I need to remember what I asked you!

West: Um, well apparently you have more time and less pressure than when you asked me! So, let’s see – question number one is, what’s a lesson you’ve learned from your time in NS?

Maowi: I have learned *distressing wheezing sounds*

West: You’ve got this!

Maowi: Oh no. I’ve learned to – oh, yes! This is more boring than the answer you gave which was a quite funny one.

West: I don’t remember what mine was.

Maowi: Yours was about always remembering where your WA is

West: Oh- okay, how do you remember that?

Maowi: *starts anxiously slapping lap* I have learned that you need to communicate to other people-

West: *imitates anxious lap slapping*

*chaos*

Maowi: YOu need to communicate to other people in order to get things done! So therefore, do not be shy – like for MInister roles, but also in general for NS! I wasted so much time being scared about DMing people and asking them to do things, but that’s literally what it’s all about, so just do it.

West: So true. Okay, question number two – what is one thing you’ve been scared of, or generally feared doing in NS that you haven’t done yet and would like to do.

Maowi: *ponders* Oh, I know! I’ve told you this actually, not particularly in this context but – trying to write an issue/issues authorship because I think it’d be cool but I think I’d be bad at it because it’s not easy and I’d be bad at it

West: Trust me, I’ve written plenty of terrible issues

Maowi: That’s a lie. But also, the thing is if I was new to NS right now maybe I’d just jump into it! But people know who I am, so if I’m rubbish at it then I’m really self-conscious about it. But yeah that’s why I’m scared about it.

West: Okay, that’s fair. Question number three is do you have a proudest moment/achievement on NS?

Maowi: Ohhhh god, um, *ponders furiously* No, not really, but I would say my favorite piece of work I’ve done is writing Commend Andy because Andy’s great

West: Andy is great

Maowi: And he liked it so that’s all I really wanted from it I guess! And

*momentary distraction by a Hot Dog and Coffee truck that drives rather close to us*

Maowi: Hot Dog and Coffee.

West: Huh?! Hot Dogs and Coffee! Okay!

Maowi: They must be taken for a walk, I guess.

West: Yeah, sometimes I suppose. Makes sense, dogs need a walk. Okay!

Maowi: So true, even the hot ones.

West: Even the- wha *laughter*

Maowi: So, yes, Commend Andy because it was so much fun to write and also find out more in the process of researching about all the amazing things Andy has done.

West: What is one inside joke in NS that you really like?

Maowi: Oh that’s a really good questionnnn! *i am proud* I think just Max Barry.

West: The Australian Author of legend!

Maowi: Yes, exactly. He’s famous!

West: He is famous! Among a very

Maowi: specific demographic. I’m sure he has some readers out of NS! He seems vaguely successful.

West: Okay, Question three- what is this, five? *confusion* Sorry I’ve been sprinkling in questions in between your questions, which are better

Maowi: That’s so not true!

West: Question three is if you could send a message to lil 2019 Maowi joining NS, what would you tell them?

Maowi: I don’t think I’d tell them anything because I’m quite happy with how things happened because if I didn’t have such a newcomer approach I don’t think I would’ve gotten involved in anything, I would’ve been too shy!

West: I think that’s a really good way to look at it actually. That’s very profound!

Maowi: Oh, thank you. It was not purposefully profound

West: Oh, well, that’s you I guess. You say things unintentionally brilliant, I guess

Maowi: No! That does remind me of a Good Omens quote, though, I’ll tell you later (go watch the show)

West: Yeah, I think I know the one you’re talking about. *Good Omens tangent, watch the show if you want access to this part of the interview* Question number seven. You’ve been permanently banned from everywhere you currently reside. Where would you go?

Maowi: I would go *ponders* I’ve always been curious about joining a GCR-

West: Like South Pacific

Maowi: Exactly! I’d probably go for a feeder, they all seem cool so I don’t know. Maybe the North Pacific, because they seem to have quite a strong political tradition like Europeia and I like that a lot. So maybe I’d have a go at joining them.

West: That’s completely fair. I’ll try to put in a good word for you for whatever that’s worth over there. Question number nine, what is your favorite food?

Maowi: Oh! Pizza, sorry. It’s basic, sorry.

West: Tenth and final question – well I already asked this, what’s next on NS for Maowi?

Maowi: Just vibing until I have time to do stuff

West: Okay hold on I need to come up with a better end question

Maowi: No that was an amazing end question

West: No! It was not a good ending question. Who do you hate the most on Nationstates?

Maowi: WOt

West: *laughter*

Maowi: I mean

West: You don’t have to actually answer that, that was just

Maowi: I know who I’d say, but

West: *gasps*

Maowi: I’d just say like, Unibot or something

West: Well that’s boring

Maowi: It’s actually you, sorry

West: Oh, that’s fair. I want a three-hundred word essay on why. I’m counting.

Maowi: Right now?!

West: Right now.

Maowi: Um, can I get back to you on that, I have to make sure it’s well done

West: You have to make sure it’s properly done

Maowi: I have to expand on all of my thoughts

West: Very fair. Your many thoughts.

Maowi: My many thoughts. On this subject

West: Your many thoughts! Okay, I’ll be making sure. Twelfth question is are you hydrated

Maowi: Yes! *points to water bottle*

West: Okay! Fantastic

Maowi: By my treacherous water bottle that spilled all over my stuff!

West: WELL thank you so much for the interview!! (We went off to find a water closet and eat pizza)

Last edited:
I don't know what a water closet is, but I want one.

Reactions: Vor
the chances are you ALREADY HAVE ONE (it is british word for the bathroom)

thank you for interviewing me bestinor i will never get over how sneaky you were to ask me my favourite food in the disguise of the interview questions

an excellent read, thank you both!

Then the First Minister Election came up, Sopo was like “do you wanna run?” I was like, “sure, let’s do this!” And originally he was running as the First Minister candidate and I was running as the Second Minister Candidate. And if I remember correctly the opponents in that race were Nate aka Xecrio and I think it was Ervald as his Second Minister candidate, and then Cuddles as the other First Minister candidate, with I think it might have been Bowzin, but I might be misremembering that. That might be completely wrong (factcheck
Hello, factcheck police here. I ran with GraV as my running mate in that election, and Cuddles ran with Cookies.

Otherwise, wonderful interview from the wonderful EBC!

Then the First Minister Election came up, Sopo was like “do you wanna run?” I was like, “sure, let’s do this!” And originally he was running as the First Minister candidate and I was running as the Second Minister Candidate. And if I remember correctly the opponents in that race were Nate aka Xecrio and I think it was Ervald as his Second Minister candidate, and then Cuddles as the other First Minister candidate, with I think it might have been Bowzin, but I might be misremembering that. That might be completely wrong (factcheck
Hello, factcheck police here. I ran with GraV as my running mate in that election, and Cuddles ran with Cookies.

Thank you, I've edited that in :D

the chances are you ALREADY HAVE ONE (it is british word for the bathroom)

thank you for interviewing me bestinor i will never get over how sneaky you were to ask me my favourite food in the disguise of the interview questions
Thank you for letting me interview YOU even though I would rather have liked not to learn your preferred temperature for pizza consumption >_>

I knew I messed something up there thanks Nate

Thanks for the enjoyable read. I like the "studying is lame" comment. :LOL: 🤣

Back