Who's Who in Europeia

Who's Who in Europeia
Drecq
Written by Pichtonia

Most Europeians know him, yet a lot are easily intimidated by Drecq, our Attorney General, and his infamous punching of new players. When Drecq first came into Europeia on the 27th of January, 2011, he stated his reasons for joining were "[...]partly because of its Size. Other Factors were its active Community and the cultural and social Association of a Region with the Name Europeia" (The Federation of Drecq). He promised to use the forums for intellectual purposes, and this senior member of our community and former Vice President has done so, and he is even pleased to speak to us about his connection to Europeia and where he could see himself going in the future.

In his introduction to Europeia, Drecq told us that "One day, while sitting and reading obscure parts of the German Constitution, I remembered that a while ago I played a game online that would nicely fit into my field of study" (Hello). Nowadays, as Drecq tells us, "Europeia isn't just a place to learn, though it is that as well. I have friends here, without whose presence I likely wouldn't have stayed this long." Long he has stayed indeed. For nearly five and a half years, Drecq has enrichened our community in a number of ways, his judicial knowledge and discussions just being one of them. Rifling through the forums, there are sixteen topics titled "Drecq for Senate". He has been a staunch debater, which is perhaps where he gets his penchant for "punching newbs in the face". It is often that Drecq finds himself greeting newcomers by studiously questioning their posts on points of law. He comes across as daunting, but his intentions are for the betterment of not only Europeia and the upholding of its laws, but also to educate newcomers by teaching them of our law and how to interpret it.

The June 2016 Lens Poll found that nine out of eighteen Europeians would want Drecq to run for President. Drecq has already managed to grace our Executive branch by becoming Vice President alongside President Cerian Quilor in June of 2013. He agrees that he's "certainly thought about it. Honestly, I know the amount of work a President of Europeia needs to put in to even just be middling, and I don't know when during the next few years I'll have that much time and energy." Still he doesn't want to rule it out. "Who knows, maybe Fortuna will smile on me, and I'll miraculously find the time." If he does find the time to commit, Europeia will be happy to see him step up to the Goldenblock again, this time at the helm.

It would be the crowning achievement of Drecq, who started his judicial career on Oct 19th, 2012, serving in the Bar Association. He then moved into the Senate, became Chief Justice, Minister of Interior, Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republic Navy, and worked in Foreign Affairs and Citizen Integration. As an Honored Citizen, he enjoys speaking rights in the Senate, but he's commented that "If simple speaking rights in the Senate are ever not enough for me I might run for a Seat again." Given his track record of running and winning Senate seats, there's no doubt if he did run, he would win. Most Europeians would even agree that they would love to see a Drecq and Malashaan Senate again, as the two are known for their debates, always friendly and often enlightening as they bounce ideas and contest points back and forth. Malashaan has jokingly warned, "Just put me and Drecq in a room and make a legal assertion, and a debate will materialize" (EuroChat Guidelines). Both of their backgrounds in law promise an active and engaging time in the Senate and elsewhere.

Drecq has been with Europeia for five years, and during that time he has gained not only respect and admiration but also playful notoriety. From debates and discussions over law and politics, to jokes and dry commentary in our Skype chat Eurochat, Drecq has a personality that is either present in Europeian discussion or sorely missed. His recent Ovation only confirms what Europeia already knows: that we "appreciate his humor, his mix of seriousness and casualness[...], and just a general love of interacting with people if they can bring up some good points to rally for or against" (In Honor of Drecq). Drecq is someone Europeia will never forget, and we thank Fortuna for gracing us with his presence.

He has been a staunch debater, which is perhaps where he gets his penchant for "punching newbs in the face".

Actually, it came from a satire article of mine, that he rather approved of and seemed to fit his temperament :p

When I think of Drecq (and his debates with Malashaan, and others), I'm reminded of the West Wing episode, the Supremes, where Evelyn Baker Lang and Christopher Mulready are debating left and right, in a bright and upbeat fashion.

Debate is fun for them, and I can't begin to list all the things I've learned about Europeian law (and more) from those debates. :)

Kuramia said:
Written by Pichtonia
Without your work, it wouldn't have been nearly as satisfying. So thanks once more. ^_^

Also it was great to work together with Drecq for this article as well and I want to thank him for his time here.

Pichtonia said:
Kuramia said:
Written by Pichtonia
Without your work, it wouldn't have been nearly as satisfying. So thanks once more. ^_^

Also it was great to work together with Drecq for this article as well and I want to thank him for his time here.
It was a pleasure. :)

Mousebumples said:
When I think of Drecq (and his debates with Malashaan, and others), I'm reminded of the West Wing episode, the Supremes, where Evelyn Baker Lang and Christopher Mulready are debating left and right, in a bright and upbeat fashion.

Debate is fun for them, and I can't begin to list all the things I've learned about Europeian law (and more) from those debates. :)
Honestly one of my favorite moments in the entire show. I love those two characters.

Back