The Open Cabinet

The Open Cabinet
Edition One

Written by zapper

Introduction

zapper

The Open Cabinet, an old newsletter once compiled by the Chief of Staff and the members of the executive to give the people of Europeia a sense of what was going on around the region in regards to as the name suggests the Cabinet. Now, around this time the person making this bi-weekly newsletter would same something about how the current term was going or the President and the cabinet that he or she has assembled so, here's my take on it. We have just reached the midterm point in this term and the senior and extremely experienced cabinet that President Calvin Coolidge assembled has done exactly what it has expected and more.

This is the revitalisation of The Open Cabinet, this will be the first of hopefully many more articles to come. This will be written and compiled by the EBC instead of the Chief of Staff, so that you the citizens of Europeia, will know what is happening around the ministries and the Navy. All of the ministers (as long as I can get them) will give a short message about what is happening in their department and upcoming plans.

The Open Cabinet will be a bi-weekly newsletter to promote openness, accountability and communication between the cabinet and you the citizens of Europeia.

The Interior Ministry
Aexnidaral Seymour

Hey there.

Our focuses this far have been:

- structuring a welcome PM for members of Interior to send new members to just say hey and letting new members know we're here to answer any questions.
- social Media has been split from Interior to Comms after we restarted it.
- this week the focus is on the first bracket of EuroMadness!
- working on Newcomer's hall stuff, etc.,

And, really, off the top of my head, those are the three 'big' projects we've got going on right now.

Attorney General's Office
Drecq

I can do it in two words: Mock Trial. :p

The Europeian Republican Navy
Writinglegend

This week the ERN awarded our first Naval Ribbons for triggering, participation, and active membership as seen here; big thanks to Culture Deputy CptCarrot for working on this project each week. We also participated in a large liberation of The Arab League that was held by Nazi Europe to counter in game Nazism and strengthen our ideals of opposing those who promote hate and fascism. I also released a mid-term address you can find here that detailed the resignation of Recruitment Deputy Kazaman and the installation of Recruitment Deputy Prometheus, as well as described our plan to lead large operations in the future, including our own Internal War Games which will start with promotional releases this upcoming week.

Foreign Affairs
Kraketopia

Foreign Affairs has focused on one-on-one mentorship and reviving the Europeian Standard and Foreign Updates this term. The Europeian Standard is almost ready for release, and should be released in the next day or two. I'm very proud of the content put together, and am grateful for the help of the editorial team. The World Affairs Hub has continued to act as the focus of FA discussions, and remains a vibrant part of our FA framework for educating citizens and keeping them informed. FA education last term was more standardized through the lectures given to help bring Europeia as a whole to a standard FA education level. This term the focus has been more one on one mentoring, and I believe we've seen significant growth in many of our diplomats and ambassadors. Very soon I will be releasing evaluation modules to test our diplomatic staff based on the lectures given last term.

In terms of foreign policy, we have taken strong stances on a number of important issues this term, such as our defence of democracy in Osiris against Cormac's illegitimate coup, and our position on Grand Central's handling of sexual harassment. The Symposium on Women in NationStates was a great way to bring voices across NationStates together to discuss important issues that affect all players in NS today. Of course, the MoFA continues to plan and act in other areas as well, but these are classified for the time being.

Culture
Shufordbrian

We have unfortunately been unable to get a message from Shufordbrian.

Communications
Kuramia

This week Communications sent out Dispatches regarding the Senate Election, finished editing an article and released it on the EBC, and Mixlr is still pumping out weekly shows, with the additional Euro After Dark. As Social Media has been moved from Culture to Communications, Sopo has taken the lead on the project, setting up our twitter to automatically send out updates as well as tweeting about articles and events happening in the region. Additionally, there are more articles on the way and plenty of opportunity for others to join in and become active.

Conclusion

As you can see, the cabinet of Europeia has been hard at work this term; training the next diplomats of Europeia in FA, releasing regular dispatches and articles in Communications, planning and holding Writinglegend's Ovation in Culture, Increasing and encouraging recruitment in Interior, sailing the high seas with the ERN or punching newcomers holding the Mock Trials with Drecq.

Just as a sidenote, some of these responses are from last week because of organisation and with this being new, however, for the next edition all responses will be from the week that the edition is posted.

Back