April Senate Election Coverage

Stay tuned for voting results updates, as well as panel discussion logs. Candidates in this election are (with only five seats available):
  • Malashaan
  • Kraketopia
  • Calvin Coolidge
  • Fortunando
  • McEntire
  • Anumia
  • Drecq

[20:02] <Writinglegend> So thoughts on early predictions? :p
[20:03] <Rach> I worry about Fortunado
[20:04] <Writinglegend> Why?
[20:05] <Rach> While I personally will be voting for him, I feel like some of his ideas are a little bit too far from the mainstream for him to gain support
[20:06] <Rach> And HEM or McEntire maybe...
[20:06] <Rach> the problem is that there aren't any obviously weak candidates and only a few spots
[20:06] <Writinglegend> HEM dropped out of the race.
[20:07] <CalvinCoolidge> I worry that Fortunado keeps double posting. :p
[20:08] <Writinglegend> ^
[20:08] <Rach> lol
[20:08] <Writinglegend> I think he'll learn, though.
[20:08] <Writinglegend> i'd like to point something out with one of our candidates.
[20:09] <Writinglegend> Anumia is the only one that hasn't posted a platform...
[20:09] <Writinglegend> *I'd
[20:09] <Writinglegend> How do we think that'll impact him come voting time?
[20:10] <CalvinCoolidge> Every time we think it will impact the vote and cost him the election he always scrapes by.
[20:11] <Writinglegend> But for how long can he scrape by?
[20:12] == Dali has quit [Ping timeout: 198 seconds]
[20:13] == Dali has joined #euro
[20:13] == mode/#euro [+v Dali] by ChanServ
[20:14] * Writinglegend pokes
[20:15] <CalvinCoolidge> I don't know, he might make it this time again.
[20:16] <Writinglegend> Not saying he won't make it this time, but if he continues to do this then there will come a time where he doesn't scrape by.
[20:18] <Writinglegend> And this isn't just a one time thing where he doesn't post a platform.

The panel discusses Senatorial candidates Fortunando and Anumia.

For the record, I have posted a platform the last...four (?) times in a row previous to this election. Everyone could see my absence notice for this term and anything from the previous platform not completed as a result will be continued; everyone can also see that before that absence I was one of the most significant contributors to the Senate last term (and didn't exactly stop, just had to postpone some larger projects like the Citizenship Act rewrite).

I am not proposing some radical change of direction for this term - there are important things I have already talked about both in my previous platform and the Senate itself that shall be worked on in the coming term if re-elected. Real life is calming down pretty smoothly now, and people know what they'll be getting from me: I'm here to work.

Nearly fourteen hours into the election, the results are as follows:

Kraketopia20 (20.8%)
Calvin Coolidge15 (15.6%)
Anumia8 (8.3%)
Malashaan17 (17.7%)
McEntire12 (12.5%)
Drecq16 (16.7%)
Fortunado8 (8.3%)

19 hours through the election, the results are as follows:

Kraketopia22 (20.8%)
Calvin Coolidge16 (15.1%)
Anumia10 (9.4%)
Malashaan19 (17.9%)
McEntire12 (11.3%)
Drecq18 (17%)
Fortunado9 (8.5%)

Seems as if the last spot will come down to just one vote.

McEntire said:
This will end up close, looks like.
You may want to avoid Anumia for a few days.

From the only Act in our Law Index currently bearing the year 2015, and written by this guy:

(9) If a Senate seat becomes vacant twenty-one (21) days or less prior to the approximate date of the next General Election it shall remain vacant unless a Supreme Chancellor decides in their discretion to hold a By-Election, or if the remaining number of seats is less than five. Should the seat remain vacant, the total number of seats in the Senate shall be considered as reduced accordingly for all purposes.

So, if he wins, he's only safe once he gets to the last twenty-one days of the term :p

That said, it would be rather disheartening to lose, but there is certainly no dishonour in losing to McEntire.

Common-Sense Politics said:
Vinage Vinage said:
Was over before it even got going :p
You reading the same numbers we are? :huh:
An election with maintained a near constant gap of 2 votes between the last seat and the chasing two. Could have called this a mile away

With three hours left, the results are as follows:

Kraketopia23 (20.7%)
Calvin Coolidge17 (15.3%)
Anumia11 (9.9%)
Malashaan19 (17.1%)
McEntire12 (10.8%)
Drecq19 (17.1%)
Fortunado10 (9%)

Anumia pulls to within one of McEntire. Fortunado is still in it too, two votes behind the last seat.

Back