Europeia of the Year 2014 Nominee: Writinglegend

Malashaan

Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
They/she

Writinglegend's year was an eventful one, and he was only here for a little over half of it! He joined the forum on May 26 and has already racked up over 4,000 posts at an impressive rate of 17.9 posts per day - that's faster than Lethen! However, he is no Allied Alliances. While Writinglegend certainly enjoy a good bit of spam (particularly where turtles are involved), he has quickly risen to be a major figure in Europeian government. He served for two and a half excellent terms as Minister is Culture, is the current Minister of Interior, and is well into his second term as a Senator.

Early Days

Writinglegend immediately jumped into political life in the region, getting involved with Citizens' Assembly where he immediately began drafting legislation pertinent to the public debates of the time (e.g., A Proposed Political Parties Act). While much of his early legislation was not adopted, it showed a work ethic and ability to write that caught many people's attention. Arguably even more importantly, during debate of his legislation, Writinglegend exhibited a talent for considering everyone's comments and incorporating them into revised drafts. Writinglegend also showed a willingness to get involved elsewhere in government, most notably putting in many hours as an assistant minister in Culture.

Into the Executive

In July, recognizing Writinglegend's potential, President Kraketopia nominated him to fill the vacanecy as Minister of Culture created by Zenny's resignation. Writinglegend would complete the term and serve another two in this role under President's Kraketopia and Malashaan. There truely are not enough superlatives for his performance in this role. He oversaw a vast array of successful events, from the Ovation for r3n to the Winter Ball, with a whole range of celebrations and cultural exchanges with other regions in between. On a personal note, I greatly appreciate the work he did as my Minister of Culture. Among many other things, I asked him at the start of my term to focus on developing Europeia's Culture as a thing in it's own right, rather than focusing on real world inspirations. I could not be happier with how he took this idea and ran with it - I truly feel that as the result of his work, our Cultural identify as a region is stronger now than it has ever been.

Moving into the current term, Writinglegend is now serving as President Mousebumples' Minister of Interior. It is a little early in the term to talk meaningfully about tangible results, but what I can say is that he has brought the same level of energy and commitment to Interior that he demonstrated in Culture. Under his direction, the Ministry just 5,500 manual recruitment last week - a staggering achievement in an era when most members view recruitment as a waste of their time in view of the automated options that are available. I am looking forward to seeing the analysis of the data that is being generated to see if the majority are right or not about the value of manual recruitment - data I have no doubt will be creatively and entertainingly presented, as is Writinglegend's way.

In the Halls of the Senate

Having first been elected in September, Writinglegend is now into his second term as a Senator. During that time, he has contributed significantly to important legislation, including the overhaul to our Criminal Code. The focus of Writinglegend's career today has no doubt been the Executive branch, but his legislative contributions should not be overlooked. He can be relied on to supply thoughtful comments on proposed legislation promptly, and the value he has added to recent Senate deliberations has undoubtedly added to that body.

So Why Should Writinglegend be the Europeian of the Year?

Writinglegend has achieved more in the seven months he's been in Europeia than most people achieve in a full year. His contributions to Culture have fundamentally changed the way that Ministry operates. His work there raised the bar for what it means to be a great Minister. He is already well on his way to being a legendary Europeian, and I can't think of anyone more deserving than recognition than he,

Join the OIM here.

Great article, and WL is certainly deserving of such an honor!

Back