Europeian of the Year 2014 Nominee: Kraketopia

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
As this year began with Kraketopia serving his second term as Minister of Communications, this region knew this year was going to be special. How special? Eight legs of special.

The Positions of a Kraken

- Three terms as a Senator (one as Deputy Speaker).

- One term as Minister of Communications.

- One term as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

- Two terms as President.

- One term as Grand Admiral.

- One year of shipwrecking glory.

Achievements of a Kraken

- As a Senator, Kraketopia never proposed any laws himself, but he would argue well on them, always active, never missing a vote. He would not pass the buck, or simply agree with the other Senators said, but actually offer his own opinion, usually followed by a roar of approval from the voices in his head. Also, it is worth noting that in all three of the Senate elections he ran in, Kraketopia received the most votes out of all the candidates.

- In his second term as Minister of Communications, Kraketopia continued to ensure the EBC had a steady stream of articles, and actually involved many of his staff members in the publishing process, something that future Ministers have had trouble with. He continued the Foreign Updates that this region has always produced well, and in a private media poll, the voters showed Kraketopia as the Cabinet's most popular member.

- Doing so well in the Ministry of Communications, Kraketopia was promoted to Minister of Foreign Affairs, where he revitalized the Ministry that had grown inactive last term, and once again set Europeia on a good path, on a global scale.

- As President, Kraketopia carried on many of his predecessor's projects, and gave many active newcomers their first positions in the Cabinet, which led to many of having (so far) strong careers in the Executive. On top of that, President Kraketopia achieved the Independent Manifesto, despite problems abroad. Kraketopia used his impressive skills as a negotiator to prevent a full-on interregional incident that would blow up in Europeia's face, and turned the Independence Convention and its Manifesto into a celebration of Europeian excellence.

- Kraketopia's term as Grand Admiral proved once again that he has the skills to revitalize any Ministry you put him in, regardless of the difficulty. The number of mission was greatly increased from the last few terms, and many new recruits were trained to lead missions on their own, under Kraketopia's leadership.

Endorsement of a Panda

- As mentioned above, Kraketopia gave me my first position in the Cabinet, and I am forever grateful to him for that. He later made me his son, and even let me run his wedding. I don't want to get into how all that worked, so I'll just let you fill in the "Blank Space" there. Kraketopia has shown us this year that he is an immensely talented leader, politician, legislator, and sailor, and I would say his rise to the Presidency can only be described as an inspiration to all the newcomers out there who dream ambitiously. Therefore, The Panda's Pen is greatly honored to nominate Kraketopia for Europeian of the Year.

Code:
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/200v0c2.jpg[/img]

Nominations from other OIM members are forthcoming. The winner will be decided by a vote within the OIM. A public vote will coincide with the OIM's internal vote. The winner will be announced Sunday, Jan. 11th.

Sopo: Nomination of Anumia
Writinglegend: Nomination of Malashaan

Join the OIM here.

Good read, and he's definitely going to be considered heavily when I vote.

On top of that, President Kraketopia achieved the Independent Manifesto, despite problems abroad.
...What? :p

Back