Coming to Europeia Interviews: CassyStyles

An Interview with CassyStyles

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Hello, and welcome to the first edition of my Coming to Europeia interview series, today, I'm here with CassyStyles, a newcomer to Europeia, an up and coming military mind and future chief justice. Thanks for joining me CassyStyles, its a pleasure to have you here with me.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: May I call you Cassy?

Cassy: Yes, of course.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: How do you like Europeia so far? Have you tried Mousebumples' potato bar?

Cassy: I like Europeia, it's really nice. No I haven't actually. What is it?

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: It is a wonderfully tasty buffet with baked potatoes and every conceivable topping, its run by our former Citizen's Assembly Chairwoman.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: What did you think of our citizenship process? Is there anything you would change?

Cassy: I think it's a bit slow. I would change accepting people as citizens the day before elections or the day after.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Do you mean we should hold off on granting people citizenship until after elections?

Cassy: No. What I'm saying is I think those who have applied for citizenship before the elections should be accepted before the elections start -even though the elections are close, they should still be accepted before they officially start- and those who applied after the elections should wait until the elections are over.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Have you joined any organizations yet like the Citizen's Assembly or a Ministry?

Cassy: I have applied for a few things, though I'm not sure if I have been accepted or not.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Where all have you applied? I'd be happy to investigate this for you.

Cassy: Unfortunately I don't remember exactly all that I have applied to, but I do believe I applied somewhere in the Judicial Government, and I think as a Judicial Clerk, plus more. Yes please, that would be great if you could.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: So, why did you come to Europeia?

Cassy: I came to Europeia because I was told tat Europeia has a strong military -I like to think of my people and their safety-, I just thought Europeia would be a nice and friendly region for my nation to be in. I was convinced to join. I like what I was told.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: We do have a strong military, have you applied to join the Europeian Republic Navy?

Cassy: I have not, actually, though I did look into, but I realized that it didn't have my interest all that much.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Have you checked out the Letho-Monarchy Media Center yet? What do you think?

Cassy: I don't believe I have, so I can't really say. But, of course, I'll check it out ASAP.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: It is the home of our private media outlets here in Europeia, it is definitely worth perusing, it is a great way to keep up with current events, and witnessing how twisted some of members sense of humor can be.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: What did you think of the patron program? Did you receive a message from a patron? Who was your patron?

Cassy: Patron? I'm not sure if I got one. I probably did, though I'm just not sure who or what a patron is.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Your patron should have sent you a pm soon after you joined introducing themselves and announcing they were your patron, and offering to help you find your way around. Did you receive a message like that?

Cassy: I would like to add that I have in fact received a message from PhDre, he is my "companion", if you will, though I don't know if that counts as a patron. Oh! I think I might have received a message on NationStates from my patron, sadly I don't know if I still have it or not.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Would you be interested in working in the senate as an aide?

Cassy: Yeah of course. What would I do?

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: I would imagine it depends on the senator, if you're interested you should head to the Senatia and apply in one of the senators office.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: What would you like to do here in Europeia now that you've gotten to know it a little better? Is there any particular area that catches your fancy?

Cassy: I have an interest in the Judicial Government. I have an interest in the bar.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Have you applied there? Our chief justice is very knowledgeable, although the justice system here can be a bit... under worked at times due to the general level of compliance of the law from our citizens.

Cassy: I can honestly say I do not remember, but I might have.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Where are you from?

Cassy: I'm from America

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: How are you finding life in Europeia now that you are a citizen?

Cassy: like it a lot. It gives me more choices and it allows me to be apart of the region even more.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: I'm glad you're enjoying your time here so far, there's definitely plenty to do here if and you can be about as active as you want.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Is there anything else you wish to add?

Cassy: Umm, not that I can think of.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr: Thank your Cassy for joining me, and sharing your insights. I look forward to seeing you around for a long time here in Europeia.

Cassy: Thanks so much for having me.

Just a note or two before you come after me Yuri: Cassy did apply for the Bar and was accepted - there was a delay in acceptance as he didn't have citizenship at the time of applying but was accepted to the Bar immediately when I learnt that he had been given citizenship. I'm also aware of his application to become a judicial clerk - unfortunately the position doesn't exist, and as you point out would not be of much use day to day due to the scarcity of cases, although I have passed his name to the other Justices in the event that they might require someone to help them when a case does arise in the future. ^_^

Haha, I wasn't planning on going after anyone. I just put down their responses to my questions this isn't meant as an attack on anyone, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm just sharing their perspective on becoming a new citizen.

Very interesting interview, Yuri (and Cassy!) ... maybe something like this could be included in a dispatch or EBC update of some nature .... ?

Perhaps, it doesn't seem to be garnering much interest from the community though, which is kinda surprising given the general level of (percieved) enthusiasm I got when I first brought this up in the EBC.

I enjoyed the interview, but it's not going to be the sort of thing that greatly excites many people. Which is fine. Potatoes can be just as valuable as candy.

I wasn't expecting an insane amount of interest in a newcomer interview, but I was hoping to get some... I know it's not the most exciting story, and this is my first interview in this format so I'm still trying to develop a best method.

I've got an interview another interview that will hopefully be up this week.

I think it's a well done interview - most important take away (for me) is a reminder of just how confusing being a newcomer can be. You're being bombarded with information and programs - sometimes that can be overwhelming and lead to lower efficiency of programs. Just a thought.

If I may be blunt, it appeared that you (Yuri) were probing in a really odd way (see: "Where all have you applied? I'd be happy to investigate this for you."). I can only glean a few things because the questions were not followed up on well and the responses were quite short. Contrasting this with your previous piece which was rich, detailed and told a story. Cassy has a story to tell undoubtedly, but we've only scratched the surface.

Hyanygo said:
If I may be blunt, it appeared that you (Yuri) were probing in a really odd way (see: "Where all have you applied? I'd be happy to investigate this for you."). I can only glean a few things because the questions were not followed up on well and the responses were quite short. Contrasting this with your previous piece which was rich, detailed and told a story. Cassy has a story to tell undoubtedly, but we've only scratched the surface.
Exactly my thoughts. Even if you, as PhDre suggested, tried to bring the story of how difficult life as a newcomer is (which is in fact a legit topic), it did not come across.

Very well done Yuri I am absolutely certain your format and whatnot will improve over time, we cannot become good at something without first working our way up through practice.

Hyanygo said:
I understand that Hy, I did my best to get information, but I can't control their responses. I know they were short, I can't make them give me long answers. I'll try to do better with my next one, but for now I'm not really sure what kind of questions everyone would be intersted in, and the only person who offered any kind of input was mouse, which may be why some of the questions seem a bit odd because hers were mostly for information for the MoI.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr said:
Hyanygo said:
I understand that Hy, I did my best to get information, but I can't control their responses. I know they were short, I can't make them give me long answers. I'll try to do better with my next one, but for now I'm not really sure what kind of questions everyone would be intersted in, and the only person who offered any kind of input was mouse, which may be why some of the questions seem a bit odd because hers were mostly for information for the MoI.
Well, if it's any help, you can always PM me with possible questions as I'd be more than happy to advice. It's quite obvious I currently lack the time to contribute to MinComm actively ( :( ), but I can always answer PMs!

Huxwells Fortier-Shaw said:
Dr. Yuri Razhtigr said:
Hyanygo said:
Well, if it's any help, you can always PM me with possible questions as I'd be more than happy to advice. It's quite obvious I currently lack the time to contribute to MinComm actively ( :( ), but I can always answer PMs!
Why would he go to you for advice? :unsure:

Rach said:
Huxwells Fortier-Shaw said:
Dr. Yuri Razhtigr said:
Hyanygo said:
Why would he go to you for advice? :emb:
Just.. putting it out there.. :baghead:

Seriously, just offering my help if he wants a second, third or even fourth opinions. Multiple people offer multiple insights, which is always a plus :)

Back