GCR Elections Will Shape Future

Osiris and The Rejected Realms are currently undergoing elections for the delegacy. The cause for both elections has been the reigning delegate resigning. Frattastan, the delegate of The Rejected Realms was the second longest serving delegate in all of the Game Created Regions second only to Krulltopia.

Osiris

Following what many called an inactive term, Lord Ravenclaw resigned the delegacy just prior to when challenges for the delegacy would have been allowed. Lord Ravenclaw resigned upon finding out that there was a strong feeling of discontent with the activity of the government, as well he retired from NationStates.

The election has pitted Joshua Bluteisen against Severisen. Joshua, who was Lord Ravenclaws Vice Delegate has been in control of the delegacy and is seen as the political continuation of Lord Ravenclaw who has been backing him for the position. Meanwhile, Severisen also holds political sway as he is the current leader of the Osiris army and has presented himself as a fresh spark who can boost activity.

This election is very important for Osiris, in particular to demonstrate that the region can change leadership without the threats of coups or military action. Prior to the Osiris Fraternal Order there would often be such challenges to the system when people did not get their way. It is vital that everyone win or lose respect the results and the system. It will go a long way in helping prove that Osiris has changed permanently.

The current vote is at 7- 4 for Severisen in the regions legislature.

The Rejected Realms

In the Rejected Realms, Unibot has emerged as a surprise leader to become the next delegate of the Rejected Realms. Despite his previous rocky history with the region, he has even gained the support of influential members of The Rejected Realms such as Sedge. Also running is the root admin Crazy Girl. The current speaker of the Assembly in The Rejected Realms; thechurchofsatan tried to run but members of the Rejected Realms who wanted to see him run forgot to second his nomination before the deadline.

The election has seen Crazy Girl running on a more feel good campaign while Unibot has been running on a campaign to increase activity and recruitment. As well, Unibot has stated his intentions to focus his Foreign Affairs efforts on Lazarus. Unibot is the more controversial choice, as he has been a polarizing figure in the feeders and sinkers.

Unibot being elected to the delegacy should provide more activity to The Rejected Realms which has been one of the more inactive Game Created Regions. As well, it could also shake up the current GCR political scene given that Unibot recently left The East Pacific amid multiple charges and has been banned from Balder. If Unibot is elected it should be interesting to see what would happen to the status quo.

Currently the vote is 8-5 in favour of Unibot.

What will happen when Unibot becomes TRR Delegate?

- Balder and Osiris close embassies with The Rejected Realms.
- Unibot says this proves TRR are rebels.
- Unibot proposes ending war with TNI. Just kidding, Unibot will rail against TNI.
- Unibot begins to think everyone are TNI plants, in particular that Sedge is Onderkelkia.
- Guy/Mcmasterdonia come out and admit they are eachother and did it to mess with Unibot.
- Unibot retires peacefully. Not really... Unibot resigns in some scandal or the other.
- Unibot having been a TRR Del becomes a moderator.

What are the odds on the last one? Evens?

Has Crazy Girl previously been delegate in TRRs? As she has been around that region for a while, I would be surprised if such wasn't the case.

Also what are the backgrounds of the two running in Osiris? Have they been involved in previous regions?

That's what I thought Elias - I can't recall her being it for the past few years so assume she hadn't recently.

She's also not as "Defender-Oriantated" as Unibot, if I am correct?

Indeed. CG was a raider back in the day before the site got all butthurt about mods actually participating in the game.

Thought that was the case - she never really went 'full defender' either did she?

If she was elected then, it would be interesting to see if TRR continues to ally itself more on the defender side of the game or move more moderate

Not that I recall, but that was before my heavy involvement in NS warfare, so I wouldn't be the best to comment.

Vinage Vinage said:
What are the odds on the last one? Evens?

Has Crazy Girl previously been delegate in TRRs? As she has been around that region for a while, I would be surprised if such wasn't the case.

Also what are the backgrounds of the two running in Osiris? Have they been involved in previous regions?
At first it seemed more likely that Unibot would be elected but there seems to be a bit more backlash to the idea now. CG has actually never been delegate of TRR, something that surprised me a lot. Sedge has stated that CG has been delegate via his own nation when he was away for a couple days but has never been delegate in her own right.

Pretty sure she's defender leaning now, I mean she is the root admin of a FRA region and buddy buddy with Sedge. Although she's likely more on the neutral side (she is a NS Mod).

Then, on a pro-Europeia side of things, a TRR ran by CG would be far more advantageous to our relations than one managed by Unibot. Although that point was already obvious.

Rach, do you know if there is much of a friendship between CG and Uni? Are like likely to see one appointing the other to a position of some authority in their cabinet?

I don't know much about their relationship. But cabinets in TRR are elected and not appointed :p

So I can tell you that they will not be appointing eachother to their cabinets.

Vinage Vinage said:
Thought that was the case - she never really went 'full defender' either did she?
Except for a brief invader stint at the beginning of her career, CG was a major defender, leading the Pacific Army (made up by natives of The Pacific banned by the NPO upon its founding), the Rejected Realms Army and the ADN's military branch, - and quit only when becoming a mod in 2011.

Since then, she's taken a more laid back approach to gameplay and doesn't care particularly about either side of R/D (and helped Sedge coup TSP three years ago >_>). That doesn't mean TRR's defender alliances would've been trashed had she won, mind you.

Anumia said:
Can we declare war on TRR if Unibot wins? Please?

Aww, come on, that'd be mean. :(

Back