Admin Task Thread

PL should be masked as an AJ. Thanks.

*leaves some Grey Goose*

Already fixed.

Please do the following as the first wave of changes for implementing the Newcomer's Hall - I expect some tweaking to follow:

Create a Forum within the Europeian Station entitled "Newcomers' Hall" with the description "New to the forums? Get information and advice here!"

Move the Newcomers' Handbook from its current location to the new Newcomers' Hall.

Create a sub-forum within the Newcomer's Hall entitled "Ask Questions Here" with the description "Have a question? Ask here and some know-it-all will answer."

Create a sub-forum within the Newcomers' Hall entitled "Europeian Patron's Club" with the description "A place for Patrons to assist newcomers."

Create a sub-forum within the Newcomers' Hall entitled "Newcomer Activities" with the description "Take part in our special newcomer activities - you may even be named Newcomer of the Month!"

We may roll some more things into this (e.g., Introduce Yourself) once it's set up and we've discussed it further - if you have any thoughts as admins, I'd love to hear them.

For now, please give me mod powers over everything in the new area, I'll delegate things out to more permanent, position based authority once it's fully operational.

Let me know if you have any questions or tweaks, I want this to be as effective as possible and I'm happy to tweak anything if you think it will work better a different way.

I'll try to get to these later. I'm dealing with (intermittent) internet issues atm.

We may roll some more things into this (e.g., Introduce Yourself) once it's set up and we've discussed it further - if you have any thoughts as admins, I'd love to hear them.
As long as you keep the three Offices on the front page, I'm fine with it.

Awesome - can you also add a link to the Newcomers' Hall to the introductory PM you send out to citizenship applicants, like we discussed?

Add the Newcomer's Hall's link to my PM?

If you wouldn't mind - we'd like to make it as visible as possible to newcomers and remove any possibility of people continuing to say things like "nobody told me about X" or "why wasn't I given information about Y?"

Oh they'll still say that. :p

Probably, but at least I'll feel like we've not just led the proverbial horse to water but also sprayed it with a hosepipe.

What the hell is a hosepipe? I also own horses, and that shit ain't proverbial. I can't tell you how many times - cold days, hot days, humid 100 degree no-cloud days - we've led our horses to water while working with them and they've ignored the buckets. Bastards. :p

Can you create a forum in LethoMonarchy please?

Name: The Zenyan
Description: Whatever Zenny wants. 100% of the time.

Can Zenny have mod as well?

Also, can you archive the following papers from that forum:

Paper of Politics
The Allied Republican
No Post on Sundays

*leaves cookies and milk*

All done.

I know this is kind of odd but from now on could you let me know who's paper it is when you lodge a request? Makes it easier to remove mods.

Seven Deaths said:
Oh, sure. Sorry.
No need to apologize; it's a policy we don't have in place. I should probably start that, though. :p

As we have discussed in Tomlinson, please move "Introduce Yourself" into the Newcomers' Hall and move the LoA forum into the Grand Hall.

Done, Mal. I also went ahead and disabled posting in the general Newcomer's Hall forum. That way the only posts that can be made are in the various subforums. If you want me to change it back, no problemo. I talked to Anumia, but he deferred to you.

Generally I think that is good, but I'll let you know if I thik we need posts there.

Could you move this post to the root of the Newcomers' Hall forum? With the new structure it seems liek a better place for it than within the Introduce Yourself section.

Back