Trip To TUF

Visit to The United Federation

Last week, President Skizzy Grey and I went to visit The United Federation. It was great and I had lots of fun getting to know quite a few of their members, even if many were Boston Bruins fans! It was interesting to hear their perspective on the NationStates world and on us and a great opportunity to share ideas. The event climaxed with President Skizzy Grey delivering a speech in the Capitol Building that was well recieved by the Federates.

Here is the reaction from the Senate Speaker ACKJVR and Vice-President Indian Ganges following the speech:

ACKJVR said:
But you are right when you say that we need to stand by each other as full democracies committed to freedom. I hope that our relations will improve tremendously. I believe that I can speak for TUF when we express admiration at you resolve to stay sovereign. Sovereignty is hard to define between regions. However, I must congratulate you on your steadfast adherence to the idea of not joining larger, inter-regional groups. Our two free regions need to stand up to tyranny as a united front.

Indian Gangs said:
As Vice President/Senator of TUF, I want to personally thank the Europeian delegation for visiting us; we have been looking forward to it for a little while now. We are some of the largest republican regions around and as a region, we do take pride in such. A very long time ago, a Romefeller once stated that regions simply think they can slap on a UK-styled monarchy and make it successful. The key word here being that they "think" they can just do this. Democracy, freedom, and self-determination are just a small number of ideals that many NS-ers gravitate to (and for good reason). Both of our regions represent these ideas and that's why we remain as "gargantuan" regions. While our regions have decided on different paths considering the classic defender/raider spectrum, it does not dictate what we do. We are all sovereign regions where we believe the citizens are the foundation of both region and community. In the future, I think our paths will cross on numerous occasions and I know we will benefit as whole from it. History is written everyday by us, so I say let's leave a healthy, vibrant, democratic region for our future citizens to fight the tyranny. Cheers!

I do find it interesting that the Vice President Indian Gangs mentions that our respective raider/defender ties do not dictate what we do. That will certainly change with their entry to the FRA, one would think.

I too tremor at the thought of imposition by single-minded defenders. If only there was a way to escape these shackles of tyranny! If only there were a way to leave this awful organization and with it take our freedom and our liberty! :rolleyes:

Let TUF find their own way.

CSP, we are already a member of the FRA, but our President is firm in her belief that the FRA will not dictate policy. We hope we can overcome the differences between raiders and defenders. There are some in the FRA who agree, and there are those that dont. But those ones a better off not knowing :). For instance, I have applied for citizenship here in your region because I liked what I saw. However, I am also a RA rep for the FRA and a Ranger. Us in TUF do not take the hard defender stand. I believe we are much more open :eek:

Wait, you're a Ranger?? Get the f--- out of here.

Na just kidding, I'm a Ranger too. :p

CSP, we are already a member of the FRA, but our President is firm in her belief that the FRA will not dictate policy. We hope we can overcome the differences between raiders and defenders. There are some in the FRA who agree, and there are those that dont. But those ones a better off not knowing :). For instance, I have applied for citizenship here in your region because I liked what I saw. However, I am also a RA rep for the FRA and a Ranger. Us in TUF do not take the hard defender stand. I believe we are much more open :eek:
It has nothing to do with raiding or defending, my friend. It has to do with how multi-regional organizations, especially the FRA, behave.

Back