Greatness and Challenges

There is a really amazing speech by Pineapleboy in response to Solimaria back in 2008. Solimaria launches into a speech (in Goldenblock) where he talks about the regions failures and how boring it is. Pineapleboy counters.

The Speeches (clicky)

It's a familiar theme.

Europeia is a great region, as of right now it has 1,050 nations. It's very stable and has a large online community. We have great Ministries: a Navy which performs multiple raids per week, a Foreign Affairs Ministry which sends ambassadors to over 30 other regions, an Interior Ministry which sends over 1,000 telegrams a week, a Culture Ministry which has in recent terms revamped the EBC and the Hall of Fame and a Welfare Ministry that continues to keep up with mentoring demands and sends over 100 welcoming telegrams per week. We have a great Judicial and Legislative system, an amazing admin team and we have the best Supreme Chancellor in the game.

I would argue that Europeia does not have faults. Europeia is what we make it to be. Faults imply that we lack attributes and are doing something wrong, that there are failures. What Europeia faces are challenges, Europeian challenges: the challenges of a unique and large region that continues to strive to better itself through personal and communal endeavors.

Many of the challenges Europeia face are due to size and quantity. Here's the first:

Saying Hello Really is Difficult

Tonight, I went down through the introduction threads to say hello to each person. It was work and as Asperta will tell you about recruiting, it’s a numbers game. The more recruiting telegrams you send out, the more nations you will have joining Europeia which leads to more members joining the forums and applying for citizenship. Most won’t stay very long and it’s only a small minority who will become engaged. In a small region, it doesn’t look that bad. Maximum, it’s a couple per week. But when you start seeing on a mass scale, it looks like a real issue.

With so many members joining, it makes it difficult to put the effort in to try to engage because of numbers and knowing the reality that most of these members won’t stay long. When I was in TUK, it was easy to be welcoming. It would be one person at a time, so they got all of the “welcoming” attention. But in Europeia, it’s so much more difficult. That attention is split and is required often. It was asked, if it was just our personality but I don’t think so. It’s a difficult challenge that requires the multiple efforts of members. Anyone who has tried to get people to recruit knows that it’s a daunting task.

To be Continued...

The rest better be great. Thanks for the nostalgic touch, though.

Pineapple boy absolutely won there. Good beginning, let's see a nice finish. :)

And I think you're 100% right.

Early Europeia was a real sucker for political rants and speeches.

Early Europeia was a real sucker for political rants and speeches.
Now 9/17 people that post on speeches actually read them. B-)
I read the speech but didn't B-) 'cause I thought it would be silly. Do I count?

Also, I like my part one and part two to be packaged and sold as a single item - will you offer a box set, Rachel? :p

That being added in there was a poll in itself. Yes, you have to factor in the people like you two but that's the result that the data turned back. I'm not whining, that's just what it is.

Back