5 Creepiest Places in Nationstates

5 Creepiest Places in Nationstates

Most of the people reading this will belong to one or a few pretty democratic regions. Most of these regions are civil and tolerant places and don't make your skin crawl.

Most of us don't quest for the elusive darker side of Nationstates. For this list, I did. Sometimes the results were flat out creepy. Other times I was struck by the psychotic dedication of some founders. It turns out Nationstates is a pretty terrifying place.

Long story short, after releasing this article, I shall lock myself in my house in the capital and won't come out for a year.

5. "Nazi"

The region of Nazi was founded by a nation called the Infernal Machinations of Hobbledhoy ITA.

Hobbledhoy ITA seems like a nice nation, progressive and all that. Hobbledhoy ITA appears to have created Nazi and then ejected all the fascists who came after. So he's just making sure that Nazi isn't claimed by fascists for their delusional causes.

He's a hero.

Hobbledehoy ITA is ... Captain America.

Wait a second...

Something's a bit off about this.

According to the description...
"This region was stolen from diabolical Nazis and is now a mutual aid cooperative zone managed by the New Luddite Front Against the Domestication of Wildlife."

It wasn't stolen from diabolical Nazis... Hobbledehoy ITA founded it... wait.

He founded a region called Nazi.

I wonder what the New Luddite Front Against the Domestication of Wildlife is.

If you have tried searching for it in Nationstates or Google, you'll realize it doesn't exist.

So it's just Hobbledehoy ITA. Well fair enough. I mean so what? He'll probably recruit more people to it later. What is neo-luddism though?

Neo-Luddism is a personal worldview against modern technology. Wait... Didn't the Nazis start off as the Volkisch movement rebelling against modern technology?

Okay, so what?

I mean maybe he founded a region called Nazi based on a worldview that was tied to Nazism, and lied about leading an environmentalist movement. I'm sure he means well. Just look at his profile.

His national animal is the "always".
His national currency is the "watching".

That's pretty worrying. And his flag ...

Jesus...

Makes you wonder what Hobbledehoy ITA means.

Probably this

4. "The Necropolis"

The region of The Necropolis was founded by Jurika City.

On the surface it seems rather nice, especially the founder who ranks in the top 5 percent of the world for most beautiful environment and is classified as an inoffensive centrist democracy. The founder even has a cute anime girl as it's picture.

It's nice to find a serene spot in Nationstates where utopia can flourish.

Mhm.

Beautiful. Stunning. Paradise.

Wait a second...

"Jurika City ranks in the top ten percent of the world for arms manufacturing."

I'm sure there's a good explanation for...

"Jurika City ranks in the top ten percent of the world for the largest insurance industry."

That doesn't mean.

"Jurika City ranks in the top one percent of the world for highest police ratios."

Whoa.

Yes, environmentally stunning the Dark Necropolis of Jurika City is notable for it's all-pervasive police force and total government control (including the right to warrantless search and seizure).

The tax rate... is 100 percent.

It's so beautiful here.

Apparently 1 percent of it's population commit suicide while in police custody. With a population of 17 billion that means that...

170 million people kill themselves while in police custody.

The national slogan is "I will destroy Belldandy and then the world".

The regional slogan is "Souls". Yep. Just souls.

If you aren't scared yet, this should do it.

Necropolis (n) cemetery, graveyard, burial site, burial ground, burying ground, memorial park, necropolis (a tract of land used for burials).

Jesus...

3. "FurNation"

Okay. Nazis and death cults. It's the internet. I'm sure there are warmer fuzzier locations on Nationstates.

Like FurNation, a lovely region for fuzzy animal enthusiasts.

Around since the founding of Nationstates, the region prides itself on "welcoming every species".

Cute.

D'awww.

Wait a second...

Why are they so into fur? I mean, it's cute and all.

But this region has been the same group since 2001.

Wait. Look closer...

An archipelago of nations, where many citizens are animal-human crossbreeds ("furries", "furs", "otherkin", "scalies", and many other names)

So when they said furries they meant... genetic crossbreeds.

Adorable.

Hold on. This isn't just one nation anymore. This is seven nations in an archipalego (these freaks all live together).

A total regional population of 72 billion. 72 billion of them.

If you are considering mutant genocide, I don't blame you. But they'd win.

Yissing Scalies has been protecting the region for over 638 days before the most recent invasion, and appreciates your continued support.

From their description. That's right. They were invaded... by humans. And they won.

Even though they don't have a founder.

What they did to their founder.

More from the description.

Before we do, let me just say that this region has an unusually high enlistment in the WA which is freaking worrying.

Right, continuing on.

Delegate does not want to be contacted about proposals and considers it spam.

That's kinda authoritarian. Actually come to mention it... most of these nations are dictatorships...

Their national mottos...

“Spawn more overlords!”

“Akarimanwetarimaki! (Yes, I'm skinning you. Sorry.)”

From the delegate...

“We rise again to protect our ancient homeland...”

And from the most democratic country in the region.

“You've ruined your own land, I won't let you ruin mine.”

Some poetry from the RMB....

It's true. I am a Bigger Hungrier Dracobuggy. But I'd like to ask YOU a few things:

If you rub our bellies, do our antennae not quiver?

If you turn the light on suddenly, do we not panic and run around aimlessly?

When our shells are too small, do we not molt?

It seems to me that we are not so different. We just want to eat (anything that's not a buggydragon) and be merry! What's so wrong about that?

Mommy?

Suddenly the teddy bear from before has new meaning.

2. "GO AWAY"

GO AWAY appears to be a playful region populated by a friendly young man who is maybe a bit shy. He indicates a feeling of being too shy for the big regions.

Understandable.

This region is awkward and shy and doesn't talk to anyone in gym class.

It's pretty heart warming in a Michael Cera sort of way.

Everyone in GO AWAY looks like this.

Wait a second...

Remember the shy kid in gym class? Remember what happened to him? He went nuts and joined the US Navy and reenacted scenes from Full Metal Jacket.

Actually... there is something a bit less than cute here.

Like the date the region was founded. This person has founded a region and for three hundred and sixty days has been telling people to go away.

GO AWAY

EST. Who cares - GTFO?

From the WFE of the founder...

This is my region. MINE! Leave me alone.

In fact, his nation is a psychotic dictatorship ruled by a ... dictator named Buddy who refers to the populace as his little playthings. Police crack down on tax evaders with brutality, senior citizens work in mines...

Michael Cera got scary.

Someone tried to enter but they didn't know the password. (We bet it's go away)

The person who applied no longer exists. Their nation has ceased to.

I'm looking at you, Buddy.

1. "Cauldron Stirrers"

Cauldron Stirrers is a small community run by a left-leaning nation called Avalon Isle.

The regional description asks "Is it a hot tub or a cook pot? You decide!".

Innocent good fun, if you ask me.

Or this guy.

Wait a second...

First, I can't believe you're still reading.

Second, we couldn't help but notice that this region has experienced an array of it's past active citizens "ceasing to exist".

Around the same time, 186 days ago, which is the title of a new horror movie we're making about the disappearances. Hannibal Lecter read the script and said it was messed up and far too creepy. Are we labouring the point? Probably.

A region of witches would not be interesting or noteworthy.

But what about Soviet witches?

Seriously...

The common thread of this region besides its worryingly high disappearance rate and it's witch name and the fact the only nation in it's capital lists it's currency as nothing and it's national animal as a freaking dragon is that ...

Many of it's past nations came and went from Cauldron Stirrers to a region called CCCP, a Stalinist Soviet region.

It might be imagination to suggest that this is apart of a plot of ex-NKVD agents to restore the former Soviet Union through the power of witchcraft (even though the disappearances do wreak of Russian secret police).

But a boy can dream can't he?

Man's best friend.[/center]

My list of creepiest places in NS is:

5. Europeia
4. Europeia
3. Europeia
2. Europeia
1. Europeia

euro.gif

I work with someone who is a furrie. She goes to conventions all the time.

The Furries Convention is Pittsburgh as crazy as fuck. I didnt attend it, but I was at bar, and a raccoon and a zebra walked in. I was fucking confused.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Thanks Indy.

The Furries Convention is Pittsburgh as crazy as fuck. I didnt attend it, but I was a bar, and a raccoon and a zebra walked in. I was fucking confused.
So a priest, a rabbi, two zebras, and a squirrel walk into a bar...

And?

There's no joke there, just a priest and a rabbi dressed up like zebras who were drinking with a choir boy dressed as a squirrel.

Back