Death of the Republic

Deliberately misleading name? You betcha. This is about a bigger (but mainly puppet) Republic than Europeia, the Galactic Republic. Currently it has 1,126 nations but the founder has left to found a new region known as Union of Allied Planets. The first question you have to ask is just how many "real" people there are in the region. I'll admit, that at one point I wondered if it was one person :p

WA Count: 42. Which is low for a region of that size, but not as low as one would think. So there are some real people here or there are WA violations.

What happened? There was a struggle for the delegacy which resulted in the founder Corusant Sphere ejecting nations from the region. There was also in fighting and the word "dying region" was thrown around. The low capacity for arguments point to two things:

1. It's a small region in terms of members running it.
2. It's members are younger and new to the game.

It looks like the giant puppet region that overtook us in population a month back is no more.

WA Count: 42. Which is low for a region of that size, but not as low as one would think. So there are some real people here or there are WA violations.
*Makes a note, waiting for the WA numbers to thin out a bit* :ph43r:

That would be awesome.

Foolish.

...but awesome.
Well, if they're effectively founderless now...
Delegate controls are stilled turned off and the WA delegate has 22 endorsements.

That would be awesome.

Foolish.

...but awesome.
Delegate controls are stilled turned off and the WA delegate has 22 endorsements.
If the Founder's not in the region, Delegate controls have to work. And yeah, its out of our range at the moment, but it'll probably drift downwards.

That would be awesome.

Foolish.

...but awesome.
If the Founder's not in the region, Delegate controls have to work. And yeah, its out of our range at the moment, but it'll probably drift downwards.
99% sure the Founder has to be -dead-, not absent.

99% sure the Founder has to be -dead-, not absent.
I'm fairly sure that if the Founder is no longer in the region, the Delegate controls have to work, I'm reasonably certain I read that somewhere in the gameplay forum. The Founder can always return and take control again, but if he leaves, the Delegate can take control.

Edit: From the NS Forums
C. What if the region has a Founder?

Unlike a WA Delegate, the Founder of a region always has access to Regional Control (even after being banned or ejected from the region). The Founder can prevent the WA Delegate from accessing Regional Control as long as the Founder nation is located in the region. If the Founder does not allow the WA Delegate to have access to Regional Control, then even a successful invasion will not be able to accomplish much.

If the Founder nation ceases to exist (is deleted for breaking the rules or for inactivity), the WA Delegate will automatically be able to access Regional Control. Such "founderless" regions are therefore the most desirable and the most common targets for invasion.

Wonder who is reading this right now...who is that over there? Hey, you, in that fedora! Yes, that one! The kind popular in the FRA! What are you, listening in?

Wonder who is reading this right now...who is that over there? Hey, you, in that fedora! Yes, that one! The kind popular in the FRA! What are you, listening in?
:lol: Having expressed a desire to take that region at some point in the near future, I don't think it really gives'em that much to work with. If they can spot me, they can stop me. :ph43r: evil.gif

Back