What's happening in NS?

Rach's Foreign Affairs

Foreword: I wub FA. When I put FA Girl as my custom member title in Euro, I was asked if I liked trying to define myself. The truth is that it had been cheesehead after Green Bay won, then after PASD told me he didn't like it I put it to milkhead because I liked milk over orange juice (it all started when PASD told me he was drinking OJ at night). But milkhead is really weird so I needed a new one.... I took my title in EoE.

I was really lucky. Out of all the regions I could have been chosen by, EoE was hands down the best for me. Awesome people, really welcoming and success driven. It was a region that was very libertarian and very interested in Foreign Affairs which MGB viewed as key to EoE's success. He wanted to make Empires of Earth a house hold name across NS. I had come to write, but Foreign Affairs called to me and I got involved as an ambassador, got accepted as the deputy, was appointed the head of diplomats before being appointed as the Minister of Foreign Affairs. I've been the head of Foreign Affairs since July 14 2009. Which is slightly deceiving because both I and EoE weren't active for awhile but the point stands. I'm close to being 2 years in charge (and in the game too) and with the exception of recruiting and legislation in 2011, it's all I've done in EoE.

I have a little secret in Euro. The work I did in Integration is all almost all based on things I did as MoFA in Empires of Earth. 4/5 of the threads are twins to threads I made there (re-writing, different duties and switching Ambassador to Mentor) and the other thread, stating my goals: I started during my time as PM of TUK for other Ministers when I was known for.... Foreign Affairs. When you start basing other jobs on Foreign Affairs, start thinking about getting involved in Foreign Affairs in real life, have done it for almost all of your NS life and you start seeing the people who worked for you and learned your system (Robert Kennedy and Digby) doing their own Foreign Affairs thing in other regions... I think you can call yourself obsessed a FA person ^_^

I want to share that love by discussing what's going on in the NS world today and hopefully maybe inspire you.

Starting with EoE...

We quadrupled our population from 29 to over 120 nations in under a month and forum activity was booming. There was role-play, bills being passed and new members joining. But... it's been quieter lately and while the region population holds; the forum is less active with only 2 active threads (as of now). Hopefully it's only temporary. In terms of foreign affairs, I'm writing an update but writers block has slowed it down. Still, two updates in January is pretty good. We're supposed to be celebrating our 5th year birthday now but the inactivity as well as the festivals being held in AoQ and IB have hurt that. It was unfortunate that other regions decided to hold events at the same time as we did, especially as we were the first by at least a week to choose the 14th (no, I'm not bitter xP ). But c'est la vie. I do need to go participate in those festivals.

On to Hampshire

Old old news, but in case you haven't heard: King Fioteria quit Hampshire under the pressure to let back in an old criminal who had been banned. Fio had had enough, so he unbanned the person and quit. It was at that time that Tiberius Capurcium (Senator TC) returned and assumed the throne. The timing was very good. The region has regressed to under 120 nations and forum activity is low. Many members have left but there are quite a few people running for election with PJ and Pananida running for Prime Minister. Willem Jefferson dropped out of the race moments before polls opened to support Pananida saying "I would not wish to stand against Pananida, who I adore and admire.".

Gatesville Implosion

Curious at who Empires of Earth could surpass in population, I saw Gatesville.... with 0 nations. WT.... it was between a 163 and a 170 region but... it was empty! Looking at it, it turns out that the founder felt that it was time to stop and that the mission had been completed. He lamented the council which opposed it but said there was nothing they could do. The nefarious WA had been exposed. So he password protected the region and kicked everyone out before leaving himself. Gatesville is no more.

Imperial Britain still awesome

It's like a less ambitious, less hyper version of EoE that's more cultural but is very similar in terms of the way people talk to each other... EoE on weed or EoE is IB on adrenaline? Honestly it bugs me. They are so similar yet very different, it's like just a twist or two sides of the coin. As always, they're doing well. The population has dropped but it's not really a big deal for them. The festival looks really cool, Skizzy's posted a big story which I definitely have to read. EURO FA ALERT: Gus has arrived and has posted his from Europeia with Love. Henry posted his doodles but I'm not sure if he's there as an Europeian. Really? What am I doing here... go check it out yourself :p

TNI rebounds but RC criticized

January was a slow month for the TNIers but they've gotten their population back to 400 and the forums look active once more. The TUK thing never goes away. Ebren looks like he might join TNI (sorry, it's interesting to me as a former TUKer). Nash is carrying the Reichstag on his back and the Reich Chancellor is being criticized for not sacking her inactive Ministers by OnderKelkia and Olde Delaware. Definitely interesting and definitely something I'm going to keep an eye on.

Unknown... always difficult to judge

As Earth told me... it's a raiding region, so most of the activity is through msn and not on the forums. But here's how things look. The regional population has risen to over 100. On the forums, Oliver the Undying has resigned from the Judicial system. Just to make sure, I checked his avvy and it is the psychotic barber (his PB account name). They've had elections and are looking to get a foreign update out, but there doesn't seem to be much going on in the forums themselves. Which means.... lots of raiding xP

LKE pretty mellow

The LKE forums are pretty mellow (unless there are many things I'm not seeing) which seems to consist of a discussion starting on something in real life every so often and Onder posting old news written from ~2006. The population is holding steady at around 65.

United Kingdom still HYPER!

What I don't like about UK and Unknown is that they use ZB! It's a pain in the butt. They are lucky that I love them... so in UK, elections are underway! The most interesting race is that for Northern Ireland with Mesian, Nick Tudor (Shawdom and the guy Hy married as a joke) and I competing for the seat. I wish I didn't listen to my daughter and just faced off against SBI in Southern England but... I felt bad for SBI and... competition! They have some really interesting ideas. I wish I had been better prepared. My sis is still Queen and my nephew is still Prime Minister. I am sort of convinced that he is slightly fudging the numbers when it comes to approval ratings.... he really shouldn't be doing that by himself via pm. People are bound to give him higher ones if they are telling him. There's the bias, it's not him but peoples perception when they give him the numbers.

Silver Steps is now a Justice and no longer a cop (thank god >.<), there was a controversy with banning citizens but it seems to have blown over. James and Silver continue to fight over the forum with their cows and pigs respectively (I don't get it either... but lmao). Population continues to drop slowly and is right now around ~250.

Grand Central looking good

Got to love this region. I believed that it would get active and it has. This is when FA is fun. Elections are being held for the Regent of Interior, Regent of Diplomacy and World Assembly Delegate. A good page of active topics, the region is pretty active and has always been open to foreign relation (got alot more responses in my FA topics there than here... buggers...). The region currently has 234 nations.

So that's it... feel free to comment, suggest a region you want me to put up next time etc etc. Some like LKE won't be included every time because of it's inactivity so there might be a bit of a rotation.

^_^ Please, please, please keep this kind of thing up. I very much appreciate this sort of news.
Awesome and I will. I really enjoyed writing this. ^_^

OnderKelkia said:
Thank you for asking. At the moment recruitment is going marvellously.

We are not as hyperactive as some more callow regions, but The LKE is never mellow.
Your welcome. I've noticed the recruitment efforts, for a while EoE and LKE were close in population with you guys just managing to pull ahead every so often. It's really nice that you greet every new arrival by name.

Ah. Ok. What word would you use to describe yourselves then?

I would describe The LKE as a region proficient at what it does and can boast a sophisticated and privileged membership. However, I do not want to begin advertising for The LKE in this forum.

I'm confused about the relevance of the foreword unless you're trying to bolster your credentials while lobbying for a MoFA nomination. Other than that though, I like reading about what's going on elsewhere. Well done.

I would describe The LKE as a region proficient at what it does and can boast a sophisticated and privileged membership. However, I do not want to begin advertising for The LKE in this forum.
Rachel asked for the word, not the paragraph. :p In all seriousness, though, I hope the LKE is doing well.

I'm confused about the relevance of the foreword unless you're trying to bolster your credentials while lobbying for a MoFA nomination. Other than that though, I like reading about what's going on elsewhere. Well done.
So that people wouldn't get all weird about the FA Girl as my custom title and I thought it would be a good segue. I figured it's only respectful if I give a shout to EoE in 2009. Finally I like looking back because I didn't appreciate it those times when they were there. It's sad. I start writing and looking back at threads and it gets me thinking about how different things were and how much I enjoyed it back then. I miss that.

Thanks ^_^

Back