Most Awesome Election Ever?

*sits out as she's only seen one but looks interested*

This should be good, and I might learn a bit of Euro history in the process :p

I've got to go with Lex/Klat. I wasn't here for it but from what I hear it was purely legendary.

The Lexus vs Cordova vs Klatonia election was the most awesome. Pitting anyone against Lexus would have been difficult as he was so terrific. The election began to develop along party lines - The EFP vs. the Old Guard. It was very heated for the longest time and then Cord dropped out. No one was expected to step forward but out of nowhere, the Conservative Party (which only had about 6 members) put forward Klatonia. In all of about 2 days, they had huge momentum going into the election. The election ended with Klatonia losing by one vote.

While Oliver Grey vs. Anumia was also awesome, the above election was just much more interesting. How could someone who was just the City Council Mayor surge ahead in only two days and defeat Europeia's most popular President? With Ollie and Anumia, you didn't have that kind of dynamic. Both were (and still are) well respected members running against eachother with relatively similar backing.

Also the lasting effect from the me vs. Klat/Cord election was huge. The EFP was massive to start, entirely collapsed leading the return of the Conservatives though also the domination of the ECCP. Party politics was at it's most entertaining.

I think it's interesting that in all of these big old guard vs new guard clashes, the old guard have been dominant.

The old guard rarely takes on the old guard either.. I took on Aurora and Anumia in my third election, and they came second in the debates despite the dominance of the rising newcomers in the EFP at the time. Don't remember any other..

From a legal point of view, the Lethen v Danoboy63 was the most interesting, that's for sure.

But the Lexus v Klatonia appears to have had a much larger impact in Europeia in general than the other two.

This is just what I can assess from my own reading of old threads, as I was not an (active) citizen when either of the two I mentioned took place.

The fact that Klat and his supporters acheived what they did is enough for me. I totally agree with OO. Yes, someone should sig that last sentence. :p

Aye, Lexus vs. Klat was the best thing ever.

Speaking of which... you've been active again for a little while now, Lex. Are you intending to run for president again when this term is over?

:lol: This election poll is now a tie. Just sayin'.
*Henry realizes just now that there's a poll in this thread.

hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif hyper.gif

I really wanted to watch that election firsthand, too. -sniffles- :(

You have no idea how much those 9 days of waiting for citizenship killed me.

From a legal point of view, the Lethen v Danoboy63 was the most interesting, that's for sure.

But the Lexus v Klatonia appears to have had a much larger impact in Europeia in general than the other two.

This is just what I can assess from my own reading of old threads, as I was not an (active) citizen when either of the two I mentioned took place.
Agreed 100%

I lodge my vote for McEntire vs. Henry vs. Devestation for Prime Minister- oh wait, wrong region... :p

Mac's post was the 666th reply in the EBC :p

After visiting the old threads, I think that Lexus VS Klatonia was the most exciting poll in Europeian history. Anumia VS Ollie came in close, though :p

I was privileged enough to have been in Europeia for Lex-Cord-Klat, interestingly enough, and it was really, really awesome. Particularly from my position as a senior member of the NCP, as Chief Political Coordinator and Vice Chairman, I was heavily involved in this election, particularly surrounding Klat's campaign.

Klat was a seriously awesome candidate, and particularly as a relatively new Europeian, with him contesting the Presidency against Lex...and actually having a decent chance of taking the top job...that was quite probably my favourite of all the Europeian Presidential elections that I've seen to date. Again, I feel extremely privileged to have been around to watch that election, especially with my work with the NCP and Klat's campaign...that was a really awesome election. :p

Anumia vs Ollie is more recent, and it's probably my 2nd place in terms of elections; you've got two brilliant candidates, each with some relatively minor weak points, and it came down to a single vote to differentiate the two of them. I daresay it probably got so many votes as our Most Awesome Election because a lot more people who voted in this poll would've witnessed that election first hand, compared to the other two...but yes. Interesting, tense, but not the greatest Europeian election of all time.

And, of course, I wasn't around for Lex vs Danoboy, so I can't comment very effectively. Hell, it took me a while even to remember the finer details of Lex vs Cord vs Klat. :p

Back