Search results

1. Deepest House

Administrative Ban: Swapuruya

I have a feeling this one will be less controversial!
  2. Deepest House

Additional Administrative Update: Festavo/Dionysus

I’ll start this off by saying I barely remember Festavo and have no clue who Dionysus is. I have no allegiance, friendship, or any other motivation for this post other than what’s outlined below. I am in no way defending Festavo as well. Let that be clear: I am not defending Festavo or his...
  3. Deepest House

Op-Ed: Do we have too many Honoured Citizens?

You could leave it to the chancellery to nominate. The OSC will naturally be very conservative with such nominations, and rightfully so. Or maybe the vote is done by the OSC. Nominated by the president, voted by OSC. OSC is non-political and can approach it in good faith without regard to...
  4. Deepest House

So, About Renaming the Forums for Honoured Citizens...

We can open up another in comms sub forums by renaming the EBC the “Deepest House EBC.” I endorse this idea.
  5. Deepest House

EBC Fashion: Here's What Your Region-Mates Are Wearing

Thanks dawg. Me too! In general, I love Victorinox watches. You get a lot of value for the money, whether it’s a quartz watch or mechanical. They ride that line between fashion and utility watches. I eyeballed this one for a couple of years before pulling the trigger.
  6. Deepest House

[RESULTS] Public versus Private Results in Voting -- July 2023

As I mentioned before: those involving a person: open. Those not (referendums): closed. I’d accept this as a reasonable compromise. We shouldn’t take steps that dilute the Election Day experience around our individuals and characters. That’s what makes them some of our best days. But we can...
  7. Deepest House

[RESULTS] Public versus Private Results in Voting -- July 2023

I did not take the poll, because I did not see my preferred option. So we can add a couple of percentage points to the “open results” tally. Public results for all elections/votes involving a person. Private results for votes that do not (referendums). What makes the public results option...
  8. Deepest House

Midterm Executive Approval Poll Analysis

Well, I applied to Comms as part of the roll call at the start of the term and STILL haven’t been added to the roster or granted access.
  9. Deepest House

[euro538ia] JULY 2023 SENATE ELECTION LIVEBLOG

Oof. Either way, I think with this margin, it was going to be tough for McEntire to shake enough change out of the cushions to make a difference.
  10. Deepest House

[euro538ia] JULY 2023 SENATE ELECTION LIVEBLOG

Thank you for the opportunity! I will keep it brief, consistent with the ideals of a live blog. Ain't nobody trying to read a tome on a Friday live blog! As a result of the Senate's oversight fiasco that occurred last month, we've seen a renewed interest in how the Senate performs oversight...
  11. Deepest House

Breaking: TRR Dispute Settled With Joint Statement

Amazing how our FA team went from in a position of being demanded to give a unilateral apology to publishing a joint statement with TRR that affirms we did not commit espionage and upholds our standing within Aegis. That’s a tremendous outcome.
  12. Deepest House

Opinion: Administration Conclusion to MadJack Situation Reasonable and Prudent

Opinion: Administration Conclusion to MadJack Situation Reasonable and Prudent Written by Deepest House (Europeia - June 17, 2023) The government of Europeia, under the leadership of President Pland Adanna, recently announced the conclusion to the incident between The Rejected Realms (TRR)...
  13. Deepest House

Senators All Glancing Awkwardly Back And Forth At Each Other As Hezekon Vote Toils On

I think he will likely do fine as well. However, I don’t think the standard for Hez to reach is fine. I think given the circumstances of the nomination, there is a higher expectation. That’s why Hez was chosen over other, internal candidates, who could’ve done fine. We should be expecting an...
  14. Deepest House

Senators All Glancing Awkwardly Back And Forth At Each Other As Hezekon Vote Toils On

I certainly want Hez to succeed. It’d be pretty dumb to want to see him fail. But we all know that I enjoy stirring the pot a little bit, too.
  15. Deepest House

The bold is my emphasis. I think this is a fair point, but the logic fails when the president has essentially admitted they considered nobody except Hez for the position. There was no comparison made. It appears the only evaluation was if Hez could do it, not how Hez could do it compared to...
  16. Deepest House

I mean, I said it during the PA discussions that we should move confirmation duty to the PA to give it a meaningful role. This confirmation process really enforced that might be a prudent move to make at this point. Nothing against Hez - it’s a comment regarding the senate and not the nominee...
  17. Deepest House

I was really intrigued by Senator Boisenberg's comment just prior to voting aye: "I do believe that in the future executive leadership should seek to reward players who are active in their respective ministries with these types of positions." This school of thought appears to be inconsistent...
  18. Deepest House

Renaming of a Forum

Woot woot! Thanks everyone. I think this is appropriate, as I established the school as minister. Onward and upward for Europeia!
Back