Search results

1. S

A Taste of Skizz #24

Gatesville’s occupation of Osiris has been the top story in the NationStates world for some time. There hasn’t been much discussion of it in Europeia. I thought I would chime in with my two cents. At my request, President Cerian previewed this article and confirmed that it contained no...
  2. S

A Taste of Skizz: The Blog

I'm hoping to return to writing long-form pieces for the EBC in the not-too-distant future, but in the meantime, I'm committing to write more short, quick-hitting segments, which I'll post in this thread. I called this thread a "blog," but it's really more of a dialogue -- I hope and expect...
  3. S

A Taste of Skizz #23

American philosopher and theologian Paul Tillich observed that the advent of the nuclear age shook the very foundations of Western Civilization. In The Shaking of the Foundations, Tillich responded to this existential threat by examining those foundations. Those old foundations, as it turned...
  4. S

A Taste of Skizz #22

Apollo is catching hell for some comments he made in this thread in the Grand Hall. I certainly understand why Apollo’s remarks have upset people, but some context is needed. Apollo was a spectacular Grand Admiral last term, building the Navy's strength to levels not seen recently, if ever. He...
  5. S

A Taste of Skizz #21

”We all become a well-disguised mirror image of anything that we fight too long or too directly. That which we oppose determines the energy and frames the questions after a while. You lose all your inner freedom.” – Richard Rohr, O.F.M. In the past few weeks, and especially during our recently...
  6. S

A Taste of Skizz #20

The region already has two strong candidates standing for President; perhaps others will join them. I have committed to remain neutral, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have strong feelings. Those feelings have more to do with what our priorities ought to be than about who ought to be charged with...
Back