Recent content by Caninope

1. C

How Corrupt is CSP's Administration?

You were saying, Indy?
  2. C

Tense Conflict Outshone By Compromise

It's just that I feel this is the kind of thing the Senate should handle.
  3. C

Tense Conflict Outshone By Compromise

I'm a bit disappointed that the President has a power to pass Executive Orders, and does so with such mundane issues. This should be for the Senate to fix, I believe.
  4. C

Kicking the Beehive

But they've worked to an extent in this past, when there has been true political friction- the Falconian Era, so to speak.
  5. C

Kicking the Beehive

I'm guessing that should we create an environment of conflict, of criticism, and of balance, that these will start to re-form naturally.
  6. C

Sopo Fails To Lose Debate

Let me go ahead an out myself hear. I voted for Blumenwitz as having won the debate. Partly out of funniness, partly out of respect to the decent statement he said, and partly because I felt that there wasn't a real winner to the debate out of the candidates who actually participated. It was a...
  7. C

Senate Race Competitive

Glad to see all of this.
  8. C

Kicking the Beehive

*hears the sound of an idea* Parties are easy enough to form, and can work well. They will promote a more active political scene, in my opinion. EDIT: I also feel they will come naturally if we start to create a more active government, a government with conflict, balance and criticism.
  9. C

Kicking the Beehive

I was going for thought provoking. One of the easiest things to be done to help revitalize the region is the idea of regional based political parties.
  10. C

ENN Debate Commentary

Blumenwitz won the debate. All the way. :P
  11. C

Kicking the Beehive

This doesn't have to be thrown together all at once, NES. Next term's President mustn't be a tyrant, with the Senate learning how to through punches all at once. Nor should the fighting be too great, as people will leave because of this. But Europeia is being safe and dull. We need some friction.
  12. C

Kicking the Beehive

I feel like the fall of the Commonwealth came about from apathy and stagnation, a loss of that fighting spirit. At the very least, I think this would make the political scene more vibrant.
  13. C

Kicking the Beehive

A bit sketchy? Yes. Normally, I wouldn't recommend it. But I reckon that the makeup of the next Europeian senate, whether you, I, Jusduckria, PL, or whoever else gets elected or not, will be ready. They will be ready to fight. They will be made of people, both veterans and new to the region...
  14. C

Kicking the Beehive

This is what I'm talking about. It's not necessarily that the President lacks Constitutional Power, but that they are ignore or underuse much of it.
  15. C

Kicking the Beehive

Oh I have Executive experience Oliver. Sadly. Not here, I will admit. The problem I see here, in Europeia, is that it's just the same template. Europeia, yes, has helped form that template, but why not do something new? The Presidency has some powers, especially in FA. But it is acting through...
Back